PDA

View Full Version : New rider nights on Wednesdays - and a thanks to all friendly Kiwi riders

Chilling_Silence
31st May 2007, 00:18
Hi all,

Ive been meaning to jump on KB for a while now and make a post.
Its been about 2 months now since I started riding, primarily commuting from west-auckland to the shore every day, but also for as much pleasure as I can on the weekends.

All riders that Ive spoken to have been so encouraging, supportive, and all genuinely interested in helping out in any way they can!
An ex-workmate of mine first got me seriously thinking about it about 9 months ago, and after talking with Robert & Big Dog multiple times a week about it, I quickly got the idea set in my mind that I was to become a biker.

Since then, Ive had such a great experience, I just wanted to say thanks! Thanks to the Cop who pulled me over and politely informed me that my tail-light had died on the way home
Thanks to the anonymous rider who was my tail-light on the way home the next night (Yes, I got it repaired the next day)
Thanks to Robert, giving me the push and putting this crazy idea in my head
Big Dog, for your encouragement and wealth of advice & knowledge
Darren, not sure if you ever visit KV, but your advice and opinion has been of great value to me also

And to the Mentors who help out ever Wednesday night, was great to meet some of you tonight and I thought Id say thanks for running those nights :) So much knowledge, advice, and experience, wrapped up in a friendly atmosphere... it was absolutely awesome! I had a real blast!

And funnily enough, the skills Ive been learning as a rider are reflecting on my occasional drive in my car. Amazing to see how differently I now view the world.

Overall, I wouldnt be half the rider today if I hadnt received so much support and encouragement from everybody, so while it may not always be said: Keep on giving, it makes a difference for the better!

Hopefully, this *wont* be my last post on KB. If only I could convince them to give me Internet access at work :D

Cheers guys

Chill.

Big Dog
31st May 2007, 00:23
Thanks for the kind mention.
End of the day we are but conduits in your new journey.
Take what you need, give back what you can and most important enjoy your journey. (it never stops unless you do)

Disco Dan
31st May 2007, 00:32
Welcome to KiwiBiker, this site is certainly a special community. A place where after only being on here a week, a kb member offered to come around and help me fix my bike. Its very true what they say about 'bikers' - great sense of community.

Keep the rubber side down :Punk: :yes: