PDA

View Full Version : Post Classics

duke
26th October 2002, 12:21
Dedicated to the restoration, display and racing of motorycles manufactured between 1962 and 1982. Members receive a regular newsletter and are eligible to race in the clubs race meetings. This season's race programme is already underway. If you want to join or find out more get in touch with me or E-mail nzpcra@hotmail.com

Nukles
1st November 2002, 14:50
i'm dieing to join... :brick:

do you supply the bike as well ? :D

i cannot find one that intrests me.

Will Beard
8th November 2002, 21:26
:argh: WOULD LOVE TO JOIN

PREFERENCE BIKE WOULD BE

SUZUKI KATANA 11OOSZ WIRE WHEEL MODEL
ULTIMATE POWER & KNEE SCRAPING HANDLING.:bigthumb:

RACED A YOSHIMURA SUZUKI GSX750 , ALWAYS WANTED A KAT.

duke
9th November 2002, 17:07
Hi Will
You can race a Kat or the gixxer at the February 2-day meeting at Pukekohe. Strictly the class is for bikes upto Dec. 1982, but there's an invitation event for bikes upto 1989. If you are interested here's an application form. Return it to nzpcra@hotmail.com

regards

the duke

SPman
2nd December 2002, 16:15
I see they are bringing out the Moto Guzzi V8 for this meeting.....:bigthumb:

wari
3rd December 2002, 09:57
Originally posted by Will Beard

PREFERENCE BIKE WOULD BE

SUZUKI KATANA 11OOSZ WIRE WHEEL MODEL.

Hey mate I work with a guy that had one ... his parents sold it out frim under him when he went into the airforce. He's kicking his arse for letting them do it. He brought in an enlarged pic of it (framed) to shoe me, cool bike . Lots of people dont like them ... but I do.

BTW he doesn't ride anymore ... he thinks his number is up ... ie his next accident will be his last. But he is looking at getting an off-roader.

What?
30th December 2002, 02:29
Originally posted by SPman
I see they are bringing out the Moto Guzzi V8 for this meeting.....:bigthumb:

Ummmmmm, I think the V8 is only appearing at the Classic Festival, Feb 1 / 2, not at the Post Classic meeting of Feb 22 / 23.

Best to go to both.
And Paeroa.
(Busy month - should be good):done:

SPman
1st January 2003, 20:41
Classic festival - thats the one I meant, Still waiting for them to organise a 305 honda 6...........although the MV 500 6 a couple of years ago was nice.

inlinefour
2nd December 2004, 12:28
Dedicated to the restoration, display and racing of motorycles manufactured between 1962 and 1982. Members receive a regular newsletter and are eligible to race in the clubs race meetings. This season's race programme is already underway. If you want to join or find out more get in touch with me or E-mail nzpcra@hotmail.com

Emailed to join up this is what I got!
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
:stupid:

カワサキキド
3rd December 2004, 00:15
Dedicated to the restoration, display and racing of motorycles manufactured between 1962 and 1982.
Does that include Japanese Motorcycles? I recall reading something about about it excluding Japanese manufactures bikes and they had to have so much original parts,...blah blah blah, or is that another organisation?

duke
4th December 2004, 06:04
looks like hotmail shut down the account because it hadn't been used for a month. Sorry about the hassle, I've re-opened it so it should work now. For membership details contact craig@proweigh.co.nz

The NZPCRA is for any period machine, irrespective of country of origin.

Duke

What?
6th December 2004, 06:03
... or is that another organisation?
That would be the Classic Motorcycle Racing Register (CMCRR) - they still believe the downfall of the British motorcycle industry was caused by the Japanese and hold all the relevant grudges. :crybaby:

Paul in NZ
6th December 2004, 06:45
That would be the Classic Motorcycle Racing Register (CMCRR) - they still believe the downfall of the British motorcycle industry was caused by the Japanese and hold all the relevant grudges. :crybaby:

Not really... They like a particular type of bike and a want to look at life through some rose tinted goggles. They have some very strong views on what is and is not a proper race bike and while we may not agree with them on some points, they turn on a very good meeting.

Where else would you go to see nearly 40 factory Manx / International Nortons, real ones, not fakes lining up on a grid?? be able to reach out and touch a Moto Guzzi V8 and see it in action, listen to the likes of Sammy Miller and John Surtees and watch them ride???

People ship bikes from all over the globe to be at the Classic Festival of Speed and it is an amazing event. Vicki and I love it!! I doubt you could fit in another class!!

There attitude has prevented some of the excesses we see in the USA and Australia in classic racing with 1100cc Honda 750/4's making 100 plus bhp by using state of the art technology. Here a mug can still build a bike. My friends T140 will never win a race on speed or beauty but it can race, blokes can hurtle about on $3,000 35bhp AJS 350's having a ball.....

You might not like it but thats what these guys are into. It's their party, they made the rules, paid the track hire and organised it and there is nothing stopping anyone else doing the same..

Paul N

Motu
6th December 2004, 09:10
Well their fuddy duddy ways gave birth to BEARS and the various post classic classes - I wanted to race in classics a couple of times,but they wouldn't let me,tough...I had plenty to do anyway.

The Classic and Twinshock trials are run by CMCRR,but you can run any brand and any year you like...fuddy duddies are outlawed.

What?
6th December 2004, 20:11
Not really... They like a particular type of bike and a want to look at life through some rose tinted goggles.
Certainly.
And if my tongue was any more in my cheek it might have popped right through...

Blakamin
6th December 2004, 21:45
People ship bikes from all over the globe to be at the Classic Festival of Speed and it is an amazing event. Vicki and I love it!! I doubt you could fit in another class!!

Paul N
when??? where????

What?
7th December 2004, 05:20
when??? where????
Pukekohe. Last few years it's been the first weekend in Feb, but isn't the track closed until March 05??

RCV
16th June 2005, 06:47
Hi, I`ve been trying to send email to the NZPCRA hotmail address but get a no address reply, can you help me make contact so I can join?.
Thanks
RCV

Bonez
23rd June 2005, 19:16
Is my C50 suitable :scooter: ?

EssGee
27th June 2005, 21:02
I will have el Presidente of the NZPCRA to have a look at your post and let you know (I'm not too hot on the wheres and whyfores and would hate to steer you wrong). :ride: