PDA

View Full Version : Quick Race Day round up (12/09/2004)

Two Smoker
12th September 2004, 18:17
Hey everyone,

Big thanks to everyone that turned up :niceone: much appreciated, im sorry if i didnt meet you....

To sum me and my riding up, im slow, thats about it..... I was doing consistant 1:23's and 1:22's, but brake master cylinder seal is starting to pack a sad so had to brake at the 120m mark, there were 2 other RG150's there i was faster than one of them by 1 second (i found it quite amusing that i passed him on the outside of the corner even though he had custom rearsets and tiny pegs....) and the other RG was doing 1:28's to 1:30's. come consistantly fifth (i think) in Clubmans as the guys infront of me were on a GSX-R400, ZX-6RR, GSX-R1000 and a Vincent 500 (he was 75 ans still doing 1:17's lol)

All other KBer's had a great time, with Hoon, Frosty, KK, Bruno and SVS all within 10ths of a second of each other....

Fast man of the day was Nicko who won F2 class and was down in the low 1:02's

KB bins was KK (lowside at Castrol), BabyB (lowside Castrol) but all of it was minor and they were racing in the next race....

Awesome riding from KK, who was in 3rd place on the last lap when he got black flagged because his bike was on fire :wacko:

Im sure all the mentioned riders will add there 5c's worth in more detail.....

Was a great day and didnt rain even though i was there.... And if anyone knows a cheap 400 for sale, give me a yell i need a F3 bike :wacko:

Blakamin
12th September 2004, 18:26
Pictures!...we need pictures... glad you all had fun and no-one got injured!
i wanna see the bike on fire!

aff-man
12th September 2004, 18:41
Please say someone got a pic of KK on fire please oh please oh please. He will enter legendhood out west (i assume :killingme :killingme :killingme )

FROSTY
12th September 2004, 18:58
I'll post my race report later--Im off to the hot pools--My whole body aches.
2 classes back to back is bloody hard yakka.
Oh and Chris --stop that shit me lil mate. First race meeting and on a real Horsepower track you did fine -I was bloody impressed with ya riding.

Zed
12th September 2004, 19:03
...To sum me and my riding up, im slow, thats about it..... I was doing consistant 1:23's and 1:22's, but brake master cylinder seal is starting to pack a sad so had to brake at the 120m mark, there were 2 other RG150's there i was faster than one of them by 1 second (i found it quite amusing that i passed him on the outside of the corner even though he had custom rearsets and tiny pegs....) and the other RG was doing 1:28's to 1:30's. come consistantly fifth (i think) in Clubmans as the guys infront of me were on a GSX-R400, ZX-6RR, GSX-R1000 and a Vincent 500 (he was 75 ans still doing 1:17's lol)...

...Was a great day and didnt rain even though i was there.... And if anyone knows a cheap 400 for sale, give me a yell i need a F3 bike :wacko:
Good on you for getting out there and doing it TS, and such a positive result for you anyway considering what you were up against...such is Clubmans! Who won your races btw? Surely the Gixxer1000?

Thanks for the writeup. I would have come and supported you but have been in bed with the flu most of the weekend. :sleep:

Two Smoker
12th September 2004, 19:40
Photos will be posted soon, dont know if we have a photos of KK's bike on fire :wacko: BUT the fire did go out, and there was minimal damage......

MadDuck
12th September 2004, 19:50
Was a great day and I have to admit bringing the cage down as the weather looked pretty dodgy up here.

Saw KKs off but not the fire. Decided to stay away from the pits as it was pretty busy (hammers, tape and language a girl should avoid :eek: ) but great to see some regular KB faces again.

Biggest downer was the LACK of crowd. Do they ever advertise these events.....??? Oh and as for FREE Twosmoker - we needs to talk !!!!

shandawg
12th September 2004, 20:10
I went down for a bit and ended up watching from up on the hill, saw mella yella doing some nice laps as well as some other good action. Didn't see the bin OR the fire though dammit!! :eek:

Andrew
12th September 2004, 20:21
I would have come and supported you but have been in bed with the flu most of the weekend. :sleep:

Hey that makes two of us. :crybaby:

Hey TS, doesn't that make you the fastest of all the RG's?

oh and KK, you're a legend!!

Two Smoker
12th September 2004, 20:28
Biggest downer was the LACK of crowd. Do they ever advertise these events.....??? Oh and as for FREE Twosmoker - we needs to talk !!!!I dont remember saying it was free :wacko: sorry bout that guys :doh:

shawndawg, there was 2 yellow bikes, number 2 was mella yella, and number 35 was KK's Eh Boy Racing...... Both were going bloody fast

Nah still dont consider myself fast andrew, i still need to race against some seasoned SS150 racers but first i need to fix the brakes, it was not nice doing 180kmh on the back straight and braking at the 90 metre mark to find myself pulling the lever all the way to the bar :wacko: hopefully PT will post up some pics soon......

jrandom
12th September 2004, 20:31
Awesome riding from KK, who was in 3rd place on the last lap when he got black flagged because his bike was on fire :wacko:

:killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme

:not:

Hoon
12th September 2004, 21:17
Yep I had a great day. Achieved a lot of my goals I set for the day and even surpassed a few. Great to see such a great KB turnout in F3 - even better that we were all so closely matched. The field was a little thin at about 12 bikes due to the 125's having their own class now. Also a few notable fast guys were absent (i.e. Lindsay, Bill VDH, Ross King, gpercival and Bob Knight who had a bad day).

I finished 8th, 5th, 8th, 7th and netted 36 championship points. I got more points in the first race than my total from last season!! One area I really need to work on is being more aggressive especially at the start. I was being too nice and ended up spending the rest of the race playing catch up. Had a great start in the 2nd race and held 5th til the end. With a clear track I got to lay down some good times with a best lap of 1m11s99 and a total race time of 7m21s.

Ohh and in the 3rd race I thought I was having an acid flashback or something as I have a new bike and am going 4 secs faster but I was still stuck behind the same yellow SV650 from last year!!!

My bikes still good for another 1s, if I can get into the 1:10's I might reward myself with a race exhaust I think (still stock except the rear shock)!!

Sorry I didn't get many photos as my camera girl got roped into timekeeping duties for the club.

Heres the "unofficial" official F3 results and one of Twosmokers races.

The group shot (L to R) Hoon 109, TwoSmoker 38, KK's 2 bikes (35) and Milkys green ZXR400 behind.

loosebruce
12th September 2004, 22:37
Good shit guys, hoon mate high 11's is awesome man. Can't wait to see you going at the next testing day, and all of you's look like you put good preformances in, well done.

May of even inspried me to put the TL in for a race or two next time :wacko:

Posh Tourer :P
13th September 2004, 00:01
Well, I took a fair few photos today. Here follow a few of them and I will put the rest in the gallery - theres about 60

Below are a few of the best looking bikes there today

I dunno what the first is, nor the second, but then a Suzuki GS550, and a Kamasaki H1

13th September 2004, 00:12
Here's a few more:

a Kwaka 500 Mach 3 triple, whats that ugly green thing doing here?, a beyoodiful GPZ1100 for sale, and a very well presented norton (lots of racing pics in the gallery - he was 72 :eek5:

13th September 2004, 00:21
And a few more to titillate you all....

Racing ones this time

KK leading frosty out of the hairpin, A large group of F3/125s including hoon (109), TS on the hairpin, and KK, another F3 and Frosty

13th September 2004, 00:29
And to cap it all off, here are my "shots of the day". None of these were edited in any way.....

Remember to go to the gallery to see the rest of them :)

Theres baby bikie and an obviously exhausted frosty, the Moriwaki, the H1, and Mella Yella at the end of a very hard day, racing in three classes.... (well, two officially)

Kwaka-Kid
13th September 2004, 01:30
Wicked!
All is told here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=5106 should anyone have a spare hour! :o

Thanks for the day guys it was... err, well different!

merv
13th September 2004, 07:54
Is that still Bill Cooney racing the Moriwaki?

Devil
13th September 2004, 08:25

The group shot (L to R) Hoon 109, TwoSmoker 38, KK's 2 bikes (35) and Milkys green ZXR400 behind.
D'oh! After seeing that first shot of the bikes I remember walking past them about 50 times, then you find out afterwards they're KB'ers heh.

Motu
13th September 2004, 09:59
The red MachIII belongs to Eric Bone,that's him sitting down on the far left of your photo.Grant is standing,he rides an LC350,Terry with the blue MachIII is also part of their camp.So,how do we find the photos in the gallery? if it requires computer skill I'm not going there.

Two Smoker
13th September 2004, 12:38
The red MachIII belongs to Eric Bone,that's him sitting down on the far left of your photo.Grant is standing,he rides an LC350,Terry with the blue MachIII is also part of their camp.So,how do we find the photos in the gallery? if it requires computer skill I'm not going there.Yeah PT, wheres the photo's i cant find them :wacko: can you post the link up????

FROSTY
13th September 2004, 12:43
Oh and TS don't take my For sale post seriously -Mella yella aint for sale .

aff-man
13th September 2004, 12:46
Oh and TS don't take my For sale post seriously -Mella yella aint for sale .

HAHAHA i got home at 1:30 on sunday night and thought i was dreaming when i saw your post. :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme

13th September 2004, 18:01
Gallery photos tomorrow morning (ie when I'm home next), SpankMe kindly created a folder for them to go in today

It'll be in events/2004/AMCC Round 1 or something like that

nicko
13th September 2004, 18:25
You're a brave man hauling into the hairpin with a dodgy front brake 2 smoker! Good effort for the day and nice work on the laptimes. Next trackday/raceday I'm out we'll talk 150 racing.....goes something like....hold it flat everywhere apart from the hairpin and castrol. Sounds like you've already got a good grasp of it.

What I want to know is how long the 6 hundy will last before it gets some race fairings?!

Two Smoker
13th September 2004, 18:37
You're a brave man hauling into the hairpin with a dodgy front brake 2 smoker! Good effort for the day and nice work on the laptimes. Next trackday/raceday I'm out we'll talk 150 racing.....goes something like....hold it flat everywhere apart from the hairpin and castrol. Sounds like you've already got a good grasp of it.

What I want to know is how long the 6 hundy will last before it gets some race fairings?!
Sounds awesome, yeah im sure i can go harder into and through turn 2 and swing real wide on turn 3, i hard a couple small front slides there, but that was from a shagged front tyre.....

As for racing the 600....... who knows lol....with the nationals on 60 second laps, you on 1:01's and going to be MR on 1:03's, its all pretty damn fast....got quite a bit to learn still...

babyB
14th September 2004, 00:10
what a great day it was for racing . good to see you guys outthere doing so well. :2thumbsup
well i had a a good day was rapped to to improve my time again to 1:24s in R1 & R2 (lol still slow compared to u guys though). got given some wonderful advice for getting round jennin through castrol, so R2 teasted it out & worked but unfortanly i got my new plan confused with old habbit resulting in lowside kissing the track for the first time :shit: patched her for R3 & 4 but with handlebars slightly otta line a shitty carby not liking the power on
still held held together for a wonderful day. thanks to the guys on castrol u were great. now just hope i can get the bike sorted out for the 3rd & see you all there :spudwave:

14th September 2004, 12:33
All pictures now in the gallery - some really nice ones in there too. Frosty, pm me an email addy, and I'll send those pics of Baby bikie. Unless you just want to download them off the gallery

svs
14th September 2004, 14:31
Damn good photos there PT. Should have got you to get a few pics of me as well (#33 yellow SV in F3). Was in garage with Frosty.

BTW why are a lot of KB bikes yellow? Is is some kind of subliminal conditioning :spudwhat:

Two Smoker
14th September 2004, 17:28
i have to say, not meaning to brag, but those haipin shots of me look mint... Cheers PT :niceone:

roogazza
14th September 2004, 18:19
:whocares:
Yep I had a great day. Achieved a lot of my goals I set for the day and even surpassed a few. Great to see such a great KB turnout in F3 - even better that we were all so closely matched. The field was a little thin at about 12 bikes due to the 125's having their own class now. Also a few notable fast guys were absent (i.e. Lindsay, Bill VDH, Ross King, gpercival and Bob Knight who had a bad day).

I finished 8th, 5th, 8th, 7th and netted 36 championship points. I got more points in the first race than my total from last season!! One area I really need to work on is being more aggressive especially at the start. I was being too nice and ended up spending the rest of the race playing catch up. Had a great start in the 2nd race and held 5th til the end. With a clear track I got to lay down some good times with a best lap of 1m11s99 and a total race time of 7m21s.

Ohh and in the 3rd race I thought I was having an acid flashback or something as I have a new bike and am going 4 secs faster but I was still stuck behind the same yellow SV650 from last year!!!

My bikes still good for another 1s, if I can get into the 1:10's I might reward myself with a race exhaust I think (still stock except the rear shock)!!

Sorry I didn't get many photos as my camera girl got roped into timekeeping duties for the club.

Two Smoker
14th September 2004, 18:22
I care, and as a matter of fact a shit load of other people care too :angry2: Your first post hasnt impressed me very much....

That Guy
14th September 2004, 19:45
I care, and as a matter of fact a shit load of other people care too :angry2: Your first post hasnt impressed me very much....

Yeah I care too - I enjoy the post race wrap ups especially when I coudn't be there.

Roogazza - take long walk, short pier etc. :shake:

Zed
14th September 2004, 19:59
I do.

Who asked you anyway thread troll? :shutup:

babyB
14th September 2004, 20:02
im with u there.2smoke
i care too and its great to hear about ppls achevements, their posts etc as we share a common interst.....BIKES :done:

Kwaka-Kid
14th September 2004, 20:49
ill jump on TS's wagon there too - not to put you off the site here Roogazza but just be careful dude, we are all pretty nice relaxed peeps but insulting members as a first post may not go down as humurous as one seems to think.

FROSTY
14th September 2004, 20:59
I can only hope you were playing with the icons dude because u aint making freinds posting summat that dumb.

riffer
14th September 2004, 21:29
I've been trying to give up hassling the newbies, but I guess it will just have to hold off for a while. <_<

If you don't care about people enjoying their motorcycling, why the hell did you bother wasting your time registering on this site?

I suggest you surf on over to this site (http://stupidpeople.com/) - it accomodates your type a lot better than this one ...

And people like me will just stay here and enjoy hearing about the racing.

14th September 2004, 22:42
Nice one Celtic No 6 :D....

SVS - sorry mate, I'll try for next time.... if there is one. And to anyone else who sees me wandering around with a camera, introduce yourself and tell me which bike, and I'll make sure I get some shots. I tried to get the KBers I knew, and any of the interesting bikes (tho not many of BabyB and Hoon sorry guys :()

Fluffy Cat
15th September 2004, 08:41
Yeah I care to,so wind in your neck!.

Kwaka-Kid
15th September 2004, 14:18
oh PT mate - your a bloody legend! thanks for all the coverage of the Eh Boy Racing Team. Some good shots in there mate, if we dont get our photo-boy sorted out and on a good camera we might have to be running to you each time for pics of events.

how do you do it?

15th September 2004, 14:44
oh PT mate - your a bloody legend! thanks for all the coverage of the Eh Boy Racing Team. Some good shots in there mate, if we dont get our photo-boy sorted out and on a good camera we might have to be running to you each time for pics of events.

how do you do it?

All it takes is some free food, and maybe a bit of alcohol for after I've ridden home, and somehow it seems to make the pictures I take all the better....

Seriously, if you let me know well in advance, I can be sure I have the time. It is good fun learning how to take decent pictures, and i need a lot more practice....

nicko
15th September 2004, 17:18
Hmmm....Posh, can't help much with the food but I do work for a brewery! :beer: I'd love it if you got some shots next time we're out.

15th September 2004, 18:13
If I'm there I'll try and get some of ya Nicko.... You go faster than these slower ones like KK, Frosty and TS, so it'll be a bit harder :P

HDTboy
29th March 2007, 16:48
My First Race Meeting, By Chris Sucich.

I just thought I'd dredge this and Sudeeps thread up to show that MotoRacer and Two Smoker were once humans learning how to race too, and that anyone who's keen enough can get into it fairly easily.

These boys are both Fast now, but two years ago......