PDA

View Full Version : Thanks! To those who've been there with me!

Str8 Jacket
1st June 2007, 22:20
Not all of you know, but about 8-10 months ago I was told I had cancer. In February I had a tumor removed but have been on drugs since as I was supposed to be starting chemotherapy last week....
To those that have been there with me through ny cancer scare over the last 8 months or so, THANKYOU! Just so you all know, I have beeen given the all clear yesterday, yay! Basically this means that I wont be shaving my hair off and that I may be able to lead a normal life now!
Thanks to all of you that have been there for me, I could not have done it without you. Thanks to all the rest of you for the texts and emails! You guys rock, thanks for giving me something to fight for!!!!!

Colapop
1st June 2007, 22:24
WOOOO!!! Fckn A! That is awesome news Hels....

YEAH!! You rock!

Chisanga
1st June 2007, 22:24
That's awesome. Congratulations.

smoky
1st June 2007, 22:25
congradulations - live long and prosper

Any one who beats cancer gets my appreciation.:first:

Trudes
That's fantastic news Helen!!! Congrats, and thank goodness, I was thinking on Wednesday how lovely your hair was looking. :rockon: chick!

Str8 Jacket
WOOOO!!! Fckn A! That is awesome news Hels....

YEAH!! You rock!

Thanks dude. I got the phone call literally 2 mins before I shaved me hair!

Steam
Young, gorgeous, cancer-free biker babe! What more can ya ask for! Congrats!

Str8 Jacket
1st June 2007, 22:26
Young, gorgeous, cancer-free biker babe! What more can ya ask for! Congrats!

LMFAO! AND im not even paying you! Thanks matey!

Colapop
1st June 2007, 22:27
Thanks dude. I got the phone call literally 2 mins before I shaved me hair!
Don't shave your pussy!! She doesn't need it...

skelstar
1st June 2007, 22:29
Shit Hels...good to hear you gonna be OK chick!

Lissa
1st June 2007, 22:29
Wow... Hels that is Awesome Awesome Awesome News!!!!!! :sunny:

Thats just so cool!!! Dont know what else to say... I didnt know. I cant image how you feel right now, I guess you are friggin on cloud nine!! :Punk:

Fatjim
1st June 2007, 22:31
Thats really is the best news I've heard all day, and it hasn't been that bad anyway.

One side affect of not going bald is that you won't need a different sized helmet. Ask Colapop, thats the only way he could get an XXL lid to fit! He used to have a 'fro before he started riding.

Str8 Jacket
1st June 2007, 22:31
Wow... Hels that is Awesome Awesome Awesome News!!!!!! :sunny:

Thats just so cool!!! Dont know what else to say... I didnt know. I cant image how you feel right now, I guess you are friggin on cloud nine!! :Punk:

Yep, im pissed! Just cause I know I can, AND that im not gonna cark in it the next few months. I cant explain the relief!!!

Lissa
1st June 2007, 22:34
Yep, im pissed! Just cause I know I can, AND that im not gonna cark in it the next few months. I cant explain the relief!!!
If the worse you get is a hangover.. go for it hels... just dont throw up on the cat!!!

or drive!

I am really happy for you. :sunny:

kiwifruit
1st June 2007, 22:51
o for oarsome
sexy time

Paul in NZ
1st June 2007, 22:58
Thanks for the call mate - as you know - not a great day for me n Vicki but seriously!!!!! it's made all the better for this great news. I'm really really happy for you! You are a delightful person and, well.... Proud of you! (you looked the shiss the other day btw - real wellie)

Kia Kaha chick! I'd bloody adopt ya ya mongrel if you were not taken...

Call ya next week and THANKS!!!

Str8 Jacket
1st June 2007, 23:18
Thanks for the call mate - as you know - not a great day for me n Vicki but seriously!!!!! it's made all the better for this great news. I'm really really happy for you! You are a delightful person and, well.... Proud of you! (you looked the shiss the other day btw - real wellie)

Kia Kaha chick! I'd bloody adopt ya ya mongrel if you were not taken...

Call ya next week and THANKS!!!

Paul, you're awesome guy! Im sure Vicki knows shes just as lucky as you are! Problems are just a test and im sure you'll both pass together easily! Thanks for ya help mate. Im reckon im lucky to be able to actually give YOU advise mate!!!

BarBender
1st June 2007, 23:22
I dont know you from a bar of soap except that you're on Kiwibiker.

However I just had to say congratulations and well done. You're a survivor!:yes:

Enjoy the long weekend.

Drum
1st June 2007, 23:23
I reckon life's gonna be real sweet for you from now on Str8. :yes:

Str8 Jacket
1st June 2007, 23:24
I reckon life's gonna be real sweet for you from now on Str8. :yes:

Thanks dude. I reckon too! Im fuckin lucky, makes everything else in my life pale in comparison thats for sure!

u4ea
1st June 2007, 23:29
wow..youve had some big stuff to deal with in the last few months aye chik!!!had no idea it was that serious and am just soooooooooooooooooo happy for ya!!!And that phonecall just at the right time!!!!!yay!!drink up and be merry!!you deserve it!!!!:rockon:

0arbreaka
1st June 2007, 23:35
Congrats to you on being cleared, it'll be a big weight of your shoulders. Ive lost several family members to cancer and recently a very close friend of mine was diagnosed but now hes been cleared, so I can relate to you.

-
Pat

Str8 Jacket
1st June 2007, 23:37
wow..youve had some big stuff to deal with in the last few months aye chik!!!had no idea it was that serious and am just soooooooooooooooooo happy for ya!!!And that phonecall just at the right time!!!!!yay!!drink up and be merry!!you deserve it!!!!:rockon:

Its been a huge learning time for me. I now know who my mates are and who my mates arent. Either way life goes on, you can either do it he easy way or the hard way. I havent spoken to my family for iver 2 yearss, it was the most hardest thing ive ever been through and I was tired of fighting. I was really really lucky. Please think of those who werent and especially for their families....

howdamnhard
2nd June 2007, 00:12
Not all of you know, but about 8-10 months ago I was told I had cancer. In February I had a tumor removed but have been on cancer drugs since as I was supposed to be starting chemotherapy last week....
To those that have been there with me through ny cancer scare over the last 8 months or so, THANKYOU! Just so you all know, I have beeen given the all clear yesterday, yay! Basically this means that I wont be shaving my hair off and that I may be able to lead a normal life now!
Thanks to all of you that have been there for me, I could not have done it without you. Thanks to all the rest of you for the texts and emails! You guys rock, thanks for giving me something to fight for!!!!!

Fantastic,it's always good to hear that somebody has beaten the dreaded C.Now you have many years to look forward to biking.:yes:

NighthawkNZ
2nd June 2007, 07:23
Great to hear... :) and am sure your are feeling better just knowing you don't have to go through chemotherapy... but it also means the Big C is in remission or something which is even better... My sister went through chemotherapy last year and it does kick the living shit out of you... :( (good news though is she is doing well now)

Anyway Ride on dude... enjoy life and live it to the fullest :)

Ronin
2nd June 2007, 07:55
Absolutely awesome news Hel's, I'm so rapt for ya. :rockon:

:grouphug:

onearmedbandit
2nd June 2007, 08:28
Excellent news, must be an amazing feeling.

Mrs Busa Pete
2nd June 2007, 08:30
That is great news hels i know what that is like myself and you are rite about the friends thing. I just told myself that they didn't know how to cope with that type of news but it was there loss. Now get out there and live it up and keep smiling.

Wendy

Korea
2nd June 2007, 09:23
That's tremendous~!
Hope to see you out on one of these soon...
:rockon:

Colapop
2nd June 2007, 09:32
Well she's on her way there....

Ring-a-ding Hels!!

RantyDave
2nd June 2007, 09:42
Not all of you know, but about 8-10 months ago I was told I had cancer.
F*ck me, I had no idea. Obviously glad you've been given the all clear.

Lost for words. Makes a change.

Dave

Toaster
2nd June 2007, 10:12
I had no idea! Crikey! I am so pleased to hear you got the all clear. :rockon:

Nasty
2nd June 2007, 10:21
That is the most spactacular news Helen ... things are all brigh ahead for the future!!

chanceyy
2nd June 2007, 15:27
fan blardy tastic news there Hels .. sure makes you appreciate your life all the more .. enjoy every day chick .. esp now the stress is gone :D

I will have a drink to celebrate for ya when i get to turangi tonite cause that sure is something worth celebrating :yes:

Lias
2nd June 2007, 15:59
Congrats helen..

It hardly seems sufficient to say does it? I suspect words fall far short of being able to describe how happy you are, and ditto for everyone here to express their feelings that your in the clear, especially for those few who were in the know.

Suffice to say I'm over the moon for you, and I hope you go hard and enjoy life now you've been given a second chance. I'll even buy you a beer next time I'm down in wellington (which says alot cos I'm a tight scottish git lol)

Edbear
2nd June 2007, 18:34
Had no idea, either! Great news, though! Got a friend just finished chemo and he believes he's going to get the all-clear, soon! Tough road! Our thoughts are your way!:rockon:

terbang
2nd June 2007, 18:48
Jeez a tough time for one so young too and your through OK. Live life young lady..!

crashe
2nd June 2007, 18:53
Goodness, I too never knew.........

Glad to hear the good news, that you have been given the all clear.

ynot slow
2nd June 2007, 21:35
from one survivor(so far)farken well done,as lance armstrong said "i've beat the bastard",do what i'll do next year after my 5 year clearance(positive thinking)and getting the cancer dafodil tattoo done,great to hear.

Meekey_Mouse
2nd June 2007, 21:41
Sooooo glad you've been given the all clear Hels :yes: :hug: :Punk:

If you're ever on a trip out of Wellington, remember.... you're always more then welcome to stay here on your journey's :rockon:

Goblin
2nd June 2007, 22:00
No doubt about ya Hels, you're a wee battler.:hug: :sunny:

Terminated
2nd June 2007, 22:07
Gives added meaning to "Heads Up and Enjoy". Great news and all the very best.

Hitcher
3rd June 2007, 15:37
Great news. I cannot imagine the relief you must be feeling.

bungbung
3rd June 2007, 17:54
Awesome news Helen. Better than anything.

Smokin
3rd June 2007, 18:17
Great stuff, Well done buddy :rockon:

Scorpygirl
4th June 2007, 12:20
Awesome news to hear!!! :yes: Now go out and live life to the full!! :scooter:

Sniper
4th June 2007, 12:27
Thats great news bud. All the best

S

Macktheknife
4th June 2007, 16:49
What fantastic news Hels! So happy for you, enjoy yourself.
Keep on doing what makes you happy.

Swoop
4th June 2007, 17:19
That is absolutely fantastic news!!! Wonderful to hear.
Your absence had been noticed. Now get out and enjoy!

sels1
4th June 2007, 22:04
Hels, thats just fantastic, so pleased to read this thread. I had been wondering how things were going... so glad to hear good news.

Storm
4th June 2007, 22:28
Great news mate. Dont think I need to tell you to enjoy it somehow :bleh: :D

KoroJ
5th June 2007, 08:29
Wow, that's great. We've only met a couple of times and you seem full of life, so you were obviously dealing with this dark cloud very well.

This is a good reality check for us all...Carpe Deum etc.

PS. Does this mean that now your not going to be a bald-head, your going to lash out and get a decent bike??

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
5th June 2007, 08:55
Been thinkin of you girlfriend. That is the best news. Your extremely positive attitude did the trick I am sure. Lots of riding ahead of you now. You go gal.

NZsarge
5th June 2007, 09:31
Always nice to hear of someone getting the better of cancer, i'm happy for you, all the best for your future:yes: :niceone:

Indiana_Jones
5th June 2007, 12:28
Awesome news :yes:

-Indy

MyGSXF
5th June 2007, 12:54
That's absolutely fantastic news to hear chick!! :2thumbsup gave me goosebumps! :yes:

Wishing you all the very best from here on in!!!! :hug: & many happy years on 2 wheels!!! :scooter:

Jen :rockon:

Str8 Jacket
8th June 2007, 18:46
Hey, cheers everyone. Im doing really well but am gonna maintain my healthy diet and gym visits just to make sure. Im feeling really happy and positive now. I have just extended my contract at Min of Justice and have moved closer to town AND a mate has loaned me this crazy lil A100 that is so much fun! Life couldnt get much better right now. Thanks y'all for your support and stuff!