PDA

View Full Version : Crash on SH16 (3 June)

WildBoarMouse
3rd June 2007, 17:04
Police and emergency sevices are at the scene of a Serious Motor Vehicle crash on SH16, Makarau, north of Helensville.The crash has involved two motorcycles. Two people have been taken to hospital.SH16 is closed. Diversions are in place and are sign posted. The road will reopen at approximately 1800 hrs tonight.The police serious crash unit is investigating the crash. </PRE>

Hillbilly
3rd June 2007, 17:06
This just in from the Police:

Location of incident: SH16 Makarau, Rodney District

Incident Type: Serious Crash

***MEDIA RELEASE***

SERIOUS CRASH SH16

Police and emergency sevices are at the scene of a Serious Motor Vehicle crash on SH16, Makarau, north of Helensville.

The crash has involved two motorcycles.Two people have been taken to hospital.

SH16 is closed. Diversions are in place and are sign posted. The road will reopen at approximately 1800 hrs tonight.

The police serious crash unit is investigating the crash.

Issued by: Inspector Earle McIntosh

Hope they're OK and we haven't lost any more KBers.

Hillbilly
3rd June 2007, 17:07
You just beat me. Mods'll need to merge the threads.

Hitcher
3rd June 2007, 17:26
This accident sounds serious.

Could people please be considerate of the family and friends of the affected bikers and not post any speculation in this thread or any information that has not been officially corroborated.

Many thanks.

And best wishes for all involved.

klingon
5th June 2007, 09:05
My best wishes to both these riders. Hoping for a quick recovery and the best possible outcomes, under the circumstances.

One of my colleagues was one of the first on the scene and will be visiting both riders once things have settled a little.

(Gentle) hugs to the guys and their families and friends.