PDA

View Full Version : SSSA on a TLR...

98tls
4th June 2007, 16:51
Avery clever bloke on another bike forum posted up these pics of his recently completed TLR......SSSA is off a 955,very nice although he did mention he will be losing the pink water-bottle.....:yes:

White trash
4th June 2007, 17:51
Cool bike. I'm not sure about the headlight unit but the owner obviously likes it.

I'm lovin the swinger and later model forks and brakes.

98tls
4th June 2007, 17:56
Nice eh.........forks are off GSXR750 in TLS yokes...........

skelstar
4th June 2007, 18:00
Thats fuggin cool. The Z1000 fairing tops the look off qute nicely I reckon.

Man theres something about those TL's

kiwisfly
4th June 2007, 18:03
Very nice look, especially like the exhaust piping up under the seat.
Like WT not sure bout the headlight setup?
So would you call this a street fighter with the wide handlebar set?

White trash
4th June 2007, 18:04
Also, it's an "S", not an "R". Unless he replaced the frame as well.

98tls
4th June 2007, 18:07
Very nice look, especially like the exhaust piping up under the seat.
Like WT not sure bout the headlight setup?
So would you call this a street fighter with the wide handlebar set? I guess........he also races a TLS in hillclimb/sprint races,he has the wide upright bars on that as well,coming from a motor cross background he reckons he likes em better............

98tls
4th June 2007, 18:08
Good spotting...........its an S fitted with an R motor........battery box is a give away.............

garfield69
4th June 2007, 19:38
Is it just me or is that tail section not quite square over the exhaust?
Still pretty cool though.

riffer
4th June 2007, 19:38
Very nice.

Its got a cool Speed Triple vibe going on.

The back tyre is a bit of a concern though. Is that tyre too wide, causing an inability to get the bike over enough or is it suffering from that typical Merkin problem of no winding roads around to wear out those chicken strips.

If it were mine, I'd change out that headlight setup too. Triumph do it much nicer.

But the rest of it is great. Especially that single sided swingarm. :love:

98tls
4th June 2007, 19:43
Very nice.

Its got a cool Speed Triple vibe going on.

The back tyre is a bit of a concern though. Is that tyre too wide, causing an inability to get the bike over enough or is it suffering from that typical Merkin problem of no winding roads around to wear out those chicken strips.

If it were mine, I'd change out that headlight setup too. Triumph do it much nicer.

But the rest of it is great. Especially that single sided swingarm. :love: I believe the tyre came with the rim.......hes just finished it and not rode to far im guessin.........believe me the guy can ride......hes english,he has a website which he has a few videos of his racing the other S.....good stuff.

98tls
4th June 2007, 19:50
What the hell.......heres a few pics of the TLS he races........

skelstar
4th June 2007, 20:05
What forum 98? www.tl1000.com?

Wondering wheres a good place to see images of all the things people have done with TL's...cheers.

98tls
4th June 2007, 20:13
What forum 98? www.tl1000.com?

Wondering wheres a good place to see images of all the things people have done with TL's...cheers. My home away from home is TLZONE.NET

riffer
4th June 2007, 20:15
I believe the tyre came with the rim.......hes just finished it and not rode to far im guessin.........believe me the guy can ride......hes english,he has a website which he has a few videos of his racing the other S.....good stuff.

If I could rep you I could buddy (you must spread around some rep....), but instead I'll say that this is the closest to my perfect bike that has been posted on KB yet.

Thanks for making my day. :yes:

Nutter34
5th June 2007, 13:12
I'm going to different... :dodge: Hell no.
Specially fitting a Z1000 fairing to it! That's an insult to my bike. :angry:
That aside, nothing quite meshes IMO. Different yes but not me.

skelstar
5th June 2007, 13:13
That's an insult to my bike. :angry:
Aren't you selling your '03?

Nutter34
5th June 2007, 13:17
Aren't you selling your '03?

Yes but it's still an insult to the bike... And when it comes to looks, I prefer it to the 10 any day...