PDA

View Full Version : Projects page or show-off page?

kneescraper
4th June 2007, 21:04
I dont know if this has been suggested before but many other forums seem to have great usage when it comes to this type of section.

We could have a Projects or better still a Show Off page that allows us to post up pictures and write ups of the bikes, side chairs and any other interesting things we own.

Having a seperate section would make it alot easer for the users to find past posts and write ups/pictures.

Any who, thought it was worth a go.

98tls
4th June 2007, 21:13
Agreed..........kind of a frequent mods section would be good........if you have done something to your bike a how to.......where you got parts etc....as ive posted up before a how to with pics is real easy to do......no idea on how hard it is to run this/any website and it may well be just to hard to do but a worthy thought.

kneescraper
4th June 2007, 21:19
Yeah I thought it wouldnt be to hard to manage but yeah, I have no idea how much is involved in running a forum :). Maybe the mods could open it up for a week and see what happens and see how it goes.

SpankMe
4th June 2007, 21:23
Thats what the blogs are for.

kneescraper
4th June 2007, 21:26
Oh ok, I was thinking of more of a main section, like next to the general section.

98tls
4th June 2007, 21:27
Good point.........i think :dodge: i know a fair bit about my TLS but nothing about computers........mate what the hell is a blog..........really.

skelstar
4th June 2007, 21:27
I agree, I think its a good idea. Inspires others to make similar changes. I don't think I want to trawl through blogs to find this type of stuff.

kneescraper
4th June 2007, 21:29
Ahh you said it the way I should have!

James Deuce
4th June 2007, 22:03
Me and Paul in NZ are just using the General Maintenance section for our respective projects.

kneescraper
4th June 2007, 22:05
But wouldnt a section dedicated just to Show Off's encourage others to use the feature, even if there bike is crap...its still worth it.

James Deuce
4th June 2007, 22:09
All I know is it's your fault I bought a second bike! A Suzuki at that.

Bloody 400s and their blend of sweet handling and an engine that can have its neck wrung without landing you automatically in jail.

See what you've done!

howdamnhard
4th June 2007, 22:11
Sounds like a good idea.:yes:

kneescraper
4th June 2007, 22:11
Hahahahhahaha glad to see I have converted another...

How is the Katana going? I love the style of em....real classic grunt bike!

James Deuce
4th June 2007, 22:21
See here:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=51151&highlight=katana

Conquiztador
4th June 2007, 23:23
A place where one can brag about how clever one is. Without getting sheit for it.:Punk:

Storm
4th June 2007, 23:28
I'm with him :D Maybe a specific forum/sub forum? If it takes heaps of space I can see why it wouldnt be a goer.

Edit-just read Spanks answer. Please dont bitch slap me, but if its in a blog, it wont get the same sort of traffic as if it was in "general population", so to speak
My 2 c

riffer
5th June 2007, 07:09
Gotta agree with you there Storm.

I don't tend to read a lot of the blogs because, lets face it, blogs are mainly for people's random thoughts.

Plus, I've never seen any pics in the blogs. Can you do pics?

A sub-section off bike mechanics/maintenance could be the go...

anything to actually get some more talk about bikes on this forum could be good. :yes:

James Deuce
5th June 2007, 07:29
A place where one can brag about how clever one is. Without getting sheit for it.:Punk:

Yeah wouldn't that be nice.

Gotta agree with you there Storm.

anything to actually get some more talk about bikes on this forum could be good. :yes:

But, but, but that would involve people making an effort to post about bikes! That's much harder than just dishing out abuse and demeaning put downs! You can't do that, people are allowed to say whatever they want on the Internet!

I think it would be a good idea too. I think Paul in NZ's example is a good one especially the pictures.

Kickaha
5th June 2007, 07:55
Me and Paul in NZ are just using the General Maintenance section for our respective projects.

General maintainence covers Bike servicing, rebuilding, restoring, so it is the place for projects.

ZeroIndex
5th June 2007, 08:35
Don't let skidMark know about this thread... he's got his own thread about him fixing his bike, and all he does is drink alcohol and post crap on KiwiBiker instead of fixing his bike...

He came on a ride with a couple of us on Saturday, IN A F**KING CAGE... for God sakes man!

kneescraper
5th June 2007, 15:39
Don't let skidMark know about this thread... he's got his own thread about him fixing his bike, and all he does is drink alcohol and post crap on KiwiBiker instead of fixing his bike...

He came on a ride with a couple of us on Saturday, IN A F**KING CAGE... for God sakes man!

Hahahahahahahha this is true.

Im glad others want this, I thought I was going to be on my own. Around 90% of my forum viewing (on other bike related forums) is spent in Project/Show off areas. I enjoy seeing others rides and getting ideas for my own. Also when Im sick of cold weather and wanna sell up and buy a car, looking over those pictures and reading about how much fun they are having building the bikes and or storys of rides gets me back on track.

Any way, hope Spankme and the other Mods like the idea.

Morcs
6th June 2007, 16:47
It should be called:

'The Cockwaving Forum'

:laugh:

Sniper
6th June 2007, 16:50
Me and Paul in NZ

Paul and I....

*Insert sigh*

James Deuce
6th June 2007, 17:15
Ok then: I are using the General Maintenance section.