PDA

View Full Version : Seat Upholstery

SNOman
13th September 2004, 14:53
My XR seat cover has final torn badly enough that I need to consider getting it replaced. Anybody got any recommendations regarding an upholsterer that has bike seat experience?

I want to get some 'gripper' panels in the new cover but also want someone who will do the job for a reasonable price ie <$100, <$60 if possible. I guess that depends on the material and colour involved though.

Any info appreciated.

TIA

Cajun
13th September 2004, 14:57
My XR seat cover has final torn badly enough that I need to consider getting it replaced. Anybody got any recommendations regarding an upholsterer that has bike seat experience?

I want to get some 'gripper' panels in the new cover but also want someone who will do the job for a reasonable price ie <$100, <$60 if possible. I guess that depends on the material and colour involved though.

Any info appreciated.

TIA

What colours would you be wanting to use SNOman, and were would you want grippy stuff, down the center of seat, and normal non grippy on sides, or do you want grippy all over.

Two Smoker
13th September 2004, 15:06
From what i have seen, i cant recommend Cajun's (uncle is it???) enough, simply awesome work :niceone:

Cajun
13th September 2004, 15:19
From what i have seen, i cant recommend Cajun's (uncle is it???) enough, simply awesome work :niceone:

father in law owns business and sister in law works there as well.

SNOman
13th September 2004, 16:31
What colours would you be wanting to use SNOman, and were would you want grippy stuff, down the center of seat, and normal non grippy on sides, or do you want grippy all over.

Yeah grippy stuff down the middle. My original seat is a blue one piece, however wouldn't mind a seamed two tone setup if I could get gripper fabric. There's actually a picture of my bike on some guys XR350 website

http://www.xr350.com/UNPOSTED-STUFF/David%20Jenkins,-NZ-83XR350RD.jpg

Very dirty after a morning event :smile:

Cajun
13th September 2004, 16:34
what colour grippy would you want and what colour sides would you want, i think we can get gripping in black, blue red, don't quote me on that, and plain pretty much any colour under the sun pm me
off home now

SNOman
13th September 2004, 16:42
What sort of cost would we be talking about? and turn around time?

merv
13th September 2004, 19:56
Back when I was riding XRs these guys in Napier http://www.charmans.co.nz/ made replacement seat covers and I bought a blue one off the shelf from the local Honda dealer for a reasonable price all packaged up for a retail sale. That's a few years ago but I suspect they still make them stock style or anything you might want.

Maybe not as good a deal as getting one from Cajun though.

Cajun
14th September 2004, 07:49
What sort of cost would we be talking about? and turn around time?

Turn around is quick, but i need to know more idea on what you want so i can find out price

SNOman
14th September 2004, 10:28
Have sent you an email with more details.

SNOman
20th September 2004, 14:59
Cajun

Any info on that seat cover yet?