PDA

View Full Version : School Ball

alexthekidd
6th June 2007, 23:54
Well that time of year is coming up again, school balls, proms, formals, whatever the fuck you like to call them. As i get ready to go get my tux at sum stage these next few weeks i began wondering about crazy/hilarious things people may have worn to their ball.

Ditto for arriving to the ball, currently it seems i am going to be stuck with Pearl in some bloody horse and carriage bollocks, weirdest looking horse i've seen too, apparantley was in movies and is a rare horse or some crap.

So anybody out there, funny stories, ideas or just anything related then fire away. Rep awarded for the most funny, helpful or just downright ridiculous responses!

Also put a picture of this horse, weird looking bastard :lol: maybe someone like chancey will know something about it.

peasea
6th June 2007, 23:55
Well that time of year is coming up again, school balls, proms, formals, whatever the fuck you like to call them. As i get ready to go get my tux at sum stage these next few weeks i began wondering about crazy/hilarious things people may have worn to their ball.

Ditto for arriving to the ball, currently it seems i am going to be stuck with Pearl in some bloody horse and carriage bollocks, weirdest looking horse i've seen too, apparantley was in movies and is a rare horse or some crap.

So anybody out there, funny stories, ideas or just anything related then fire away. Rep awarded for the most funny, helpful or just downright ridiculous responses!

Also put a picture of this horse, weird looking bastard :lol: maybe someone like chancey will know something about it.

My daughter has last years gown you could wear.

It's strapless, unless you want me to strap you, in private.

Freakshow
7th June 2007, 08:51
From what I remember MoreFM has a hummer and if you get in early they can take you in that and it is free. Or go to the police college and you can rent the old police cars. They have a chips one and the guy is in uniform and when you pull up the lights are on etc.

blacksheep
7th June 2007, 08:54
it isn't aragons horse from lotr is it ?

MotoGirl
7th June 2007, 09:59
It looks like a friesian to me. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you see it close up - they're absolutely beautiful animals :love:

MotoGirl
7th June 2007, 10:03
Ooh, why are you wearing a tux? It would be hellishly funny if YOU wore the dress :dodge:

gijoe1313
7th June 2007, 10:04
And carry a pumpkin with some mice in a cage...

Indiana_Jones
7th June 2007, 12:49
I have a work ball soon I believe...........

I want Col to take me.

-Indy

Storm
7th June 2007, 13:47
Thats just not right Indy.:( Does AJ know about this?

The Flux Capacita
7th June 2007, 13:58
at least your not being driven there by your mother in her 1984 toyota crown...we had it at the royal nz yaght squadron when they were looking after the america's cup soo all style and flash...i decided to be dropped off a little further up the drive and walk around to save being seen:P

think of a horse as like a motorbike from back in the days...all the cool people rode stallions or whatever

Hitcher
7th June 2007, 14:00
The school ball parent permission slip for Stratford High School had the same conditions on it as the one used for school dances. Top of the list of prerequisite conditions was the following:

1. No gumboots.

Killjoys...

The Stranger
7th June 2007, 14:10
I want Col to take me.

-Indy

That is so wrong.

Paul in NZ
7th June 2007, 14:25
I'll take ya on the trumpy mate!

sunhuntin
7th June 2007, 17:01
i never went to any of my school balls [why risk being bullied outside of school hours??]

i did hear one of my gay friends wore a dress though... by the time the teachers found out, hed already been allowed in! LOL. typical stupid teachers.

another guy wore a gorilla suit [complete with rubber banana] for mufti day one year. unfortunatly, he got made to take it off.

BuFfY
7th June 2007, 17:07
Balls!!!! Ooh I just love balls!
6th form I went in my step dads '67 mustang.. it was lime gold.. totally awesome!
Then 7th form we had a bridal limo!

The thing with arriving in something awesome is that everyone is either inside already or on their way so noone sees you! So not fair when you have made all the effort!

I totally love balls, so if any of you boys need a date fire me a pm ;)

The Pastor
7th June 2007, 17:22
That is so wrong.

Im not sure if you've noticed... but indy IS wrong.:shutup:

MOTOXXX
7th June 2007, 18:40
the first year i went to the ball i did the horse and carrage thing with the girl friend

the next year i told her i didnt want to go with her. it didnt go down too well when me and a mate turned up in two fridge boxes delivered by nz couriers.

i was wearing a saturday night feaver white suit, afro, gold chain, aviators and drunk as hell!!!

good times

Trudes
7th June 2007, 19:38
Coromandel Area School Balls were nothing particularly fancy. I went with an ex, we got pissed before, during and after, danced to a wicked local band, relived some old times and then my ex spewed on my ball dress, luckily I wasn't wearing it at the time!:nono:

Storm
7th June 2007, 21:25
the first year i went to the ball i did the horse and carrage thing with the girl friend

the next year i told her i didnt want to go with her. it didnt go down too well when me and a mate turned up in two fridge boxes delivered by nz couriers.

i was wearing a saturday night feaver white suit, afro, gold chain, aviators and drunk as hell!!!

good times

You sir, are an example. Not sure which sort though :D

MidnightMike
7th June 2007, 21:34
Balls!!!! Ooh I just love balls!

I totally love balls, so if any of you boys need a date fire me a pm ;)

Sorry, but i had to. :rofl:

Indiana_Jones
7th June 2007, 21:40
I embarrased myself at my work social when they played 'Footloose'

-Indy

Colapop
7th June 2007, 21:44
All you need to do is go to Martin's place have a couple of bourbons and I'll sort you out! Why worry about the school's balls - it's yours dropping you should be more concerned about!

Curious_AJ
7th June 2007, 21:46
I wore a pretty dress to my ball, but arrived to the ball in a bus... BWAHAHA great old northcote college budget transport... we ALL had to go in busses.. it was quite stupid really.. but i enjoyed the ball, grooving with all my friends... sadly the decorations were pitiful ... ie.. none!!! but for 2 black jack tables... it was so sad... we wanted masquerade, but the less popular choice got chosen for some reason... oh well...

haha, my friend and i at the ball, the pretty pics wouldnt upload.. so .. heh.. there you go...

BuFfY
7th June 2007, 21:52
I embarrased myself at my work social when they played 'Footloose'

-Indy

I thought you did that down Queen street? And got filmed?

jrandom
7th June 2007, 21:53
take some es and get loose!

Curious_AJ
7th June 2007, 21:56
and another for you all.. heh

Curious_AJ
7th June 2007, 21:57
I thought you did that down Queen street? And got filmed?

they played footloose at his work "do"... he got up and wowed the crowed... heh.. not made an arse of himself.. it was actually really good teehee...

alexthekidd
7th June 2007, 22:01
haha keep these coming people. The throwing up all over the ball dress, aaaah someones getting a slap.

The person tuning up in their mums car, thats gotta be priceless.

So not into the whole Horse and Carriage thing, really cannot be arsed with that sorta crap. According to my mates i'm absolutley positively whipped turning up in that. would be so much cooler to show up on Paul's triumph.

Though i must say i am personally hoping for the girl who is turning up on an alpaca to fall off, biggest drama queen/hypercondriac ever, would be a mastercard moment.

I will accept all of the free bourbon i can get from you Col, just am a little worried about the possible breath testing outside! Bastards!

BuFfY
7th June 2007, 22:05
haha keep these coming people. The throwing up all over the ball dress, aaaah someones getting a slap.

The person tuning up in their mums car, thats gotta be priceless.

So not into the whole Horse and Carriage thing, really cannot be arsed with that sorta crap. According to my mates i'm absolutley positively whipped turning up in that. would be so much cooler to show up on Paul's triumph.

Though i must say i am personally hoping for the girl who is turning up on an alpaca to fall off, biggest drama queen/hypercondriac ever, would be a mastercard moment.

I will accept all of the free bourbon i can get from you Col, just am a little worried about the possible breath testing outside! Bastards!

Oh my god you're in pram!!! are you at Pram col or kapiti?
I was there in 2000 and 2001 before I moved to Auckland. And I am pretty sure they never actually did breath testing there!

alexthekidd
7th June 2007, 22:07
Haha yup i'm a Pram College bitch,

Last year it was on the news about the breath testing, they did it at kapiti after some people caused some major ruckus, and people on the ball committee say its being pushed for and may or may not go ahead:'(

BuFfY
7th June 2007, 22:10
Wow!
Are you 6th or 7th form?
You wouldn't have been there when I was but you miiiight know some people from my year!

Oh.. guess there isn't much else to do in old P Ram

ZeroIndex
7th June 2007, 22:11
Any Hamilton people getting ready to go to 'balls' will probably see me wondering around as....... :shifty: SECURITY :Police:

alexthekidd
7th June 2007, 23:08
Wow!
Are you 6th or 7th form?
You wouldn't have been there when I was but you miiiight know some people from my year!

Oh.. guess there isn't much else to do in old P Ram

I'm a 6th former, quite possibly could know some people from your year... where you in James Trevena-Browns year, he's my lover

dnos
8th June 2007, 11:36
Got some younger friends at school up here, and apparently all the boys have to wear black suits or something ridiculous. Girls have major restrictions on how much skin they show too, but i guess they still get to choose any colour right? Just seems so wrong and must take a lot of the fun out of it. I don't understand why there are so many rules over a fricken ball, isn't it the party afterwards where all the trouble happens?

When i got dragged along to the school ball I raided my Pop's cupboard and found an awesome old suit, complete with top hat and monacle. :)

Storm
8th June 2007, 13:40
Got any photos of Monocled Mortimer? I feel like laughing at something(nothing personal dnos ;) )

dnos
8th June 2007, 13:53
Wow, I look pretty wasted in this photo

Storm
8th June 2007, 14:18
Holy moly! Did your camera sniff a few too many of your pops mothballs beofre taking that shot? :bleh:

Paul in NZ
8th June 2007, 14:33
Holy moly! Did your camera sniff a few too many of your pops mothballs beofre taking that shot? :bleh:

No - his dad was Pablo Piccasso and that was considered a petty good likeness!

BuFfY
8th June 2007, 17:16
I'm a 6th former, quite possibly could know some people from your year... where you in James Trevena-Browns year, he's my lover

James and I went to primary together!!! at the end of st 4 he cried cause he wasn't in my class for form 1 lol
Wow!!!
But yeah, I knew him before he had long hair lol

alexthekidd
8th June 2007, 18:31
James and I went to primary together!!! at the end of st 4 he cried cause he wasn't in my class for form 1 lol
Wow!!!
But yeah, I knew him before he had long hair lol

Haha james is my bitch, you talked to him at all lately?

Do you know anyone like Jason Galland etc.?

BuFfY
8th June 2007, 18:52
Haha james is my bitch, you talked to him at all lately?

Do you know anyone like Jason Galland etc.?

Nah only on Bebo.. we all lost touch when I moved up here at the end of 4th form. How do you know him?
Nah don't think I know Jason... do you know people like Kelly McFeeters or Tom Adin?

alexthekidd
8th June 2007, 18:59
Nah only on Bebo.. we all lost touch when I moved up here at the end of 4th form. How do you know him?
Nah don't think I know Jason... do you know people like Kelly McFeeters or Tom Adin?

I know of stacey mcfeeters lol guess i'm a sibling behind lol

I know him through Hockey, he's just got a contract to go play professionally in Germany. Also named MVP at the world champs last week. Real cool guy lol but by crikey wat did he look like before "The Hair"

Colapop
8th June 2007, 19:32
O FFS! Let's have a love in...

BuFfY
8th June 2007, 19:56
I know of stacey mcfeeters lol guess i'm a sibling behind lol

I know him through Hockey, he's just got a contract to go play professionally in Germany. Also named MVP at the world champs last week. Real cool guy lol but by crikey wat did he look like before "The Hair"

Haha Yeah you must be a sibling behind!

Umm well he looked like a young boy! I am sure I have the pics some where.
Yeah last time I talked to him he was in Germany.. amazing huh!!
Do you know Dane Coles? he is in the NZ under 21 side for rugby... everyone from my year is growing up!

MotoGirl
8th June 2007, 20:14
Did somebody say a Kiwi Biker ball?
There's only one rule: no leather :rofl:

BuFfY
8th June 2007, 20:16
Did somebody say a Kiwi Biker ball?
There's only one rule: no leather :rofl:

:O that would be soooo fun!!
And the guys could wear leather... only if it was nice and tight ;)

MotoGirl
8th June 2007, 20:21
:O that would be soooo fun!!
And the guys could wear leather... only if it was nice and tight ;)

I think most guys on KB would be lost of they couldn't wear it haha
A ball is a bit classy for us bikers...

ZeroIndex
9th June 2007, 03:24
hehe, scoolball tomorrow in hamilton out in melville... mmmm confiscated drinkies.

Did my first security thingy tonight (just got back)... was awesome, I think I've finally found the job-type that I've been looking for...

One of my favorite parts of the evening: Some wanker decided to have a bit of a punch at one of my fellow security officers, who saw the punch coming, and had the guy in a headlock before you could say Kawasaki :yes:
On dragging the guy out, who was putting up a bit of a fight in the headlock, I kicked him in the back of the knees just to help make him 'comply' in the direction we intended on him going :P lots of fun this is gonna be...

My other job was doing wheelies up and down the road making sure no-one was jumping the fence to get into the party, and confiscating LOTS of alcohol, few hundred dollars worth, just by myself :D
I'm drunk for the first time in months, and I've come to realise: The only thing better than free alcohol is confiscated alcohol... :) And the best part: It's all good shit :)

NotaGoth
9th June 2007, 15:48
We had a guy who was gay turn up dressed like a female.. They made him leave....

ZeroIndex
9th June 2007, 16:48
We had a guy who was gay turn up dressed like a female.. They made him leave....

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

The Flux Capacita
12th June 2007, 17:28
hehe, scoolball tomorrow in hamilton out in melville... mmmm confiscated drinkies.

The only thing better than free alcohol is confiscated alcohol... :) And the best part: It's all good shit :)

haha awsome that'l come in handy for BBQ season with hamy bikers aye buddie:yes:

carver
12th June 2007, 17:36

Did my first security thingy tonight (just got back)... was awesome, I think I've finally found the job-type that I've been looking for...

One of my favorite parts of the evening: Some wanker decided to have a bit of a punch at one of my fellow security officers, who saw the punch coming, and had the guy in a headlock before you could say Kawasaki :yes:
On dragging the guy out, who was putting up a bit of a fight in the headlock, I kicked him in the back of the knees just to help make him 'comply' in the direction we intended on him going :P lots of fun this is gonna be...

My other job was doing wheelies up and down the road making sure no-one was jumping the fence to get into the party, and confiscating LOTS of alcohol, few hundred dollars worth, just by myself :D
I'm drunk for the first time in months, and I've come to realise: The only thing better than free alcohol is confiscated alcohol... :) And the best part: It's all good shit :)

lets hope we dont bump into eachother when going about our seperate lines of work eh...
but i know i would get a "please continue good sir"!