PDA

View Full Version : Manawatu: Ashhurst boy catching-up ride, 10 June 07

cowboyz
8th June 2007, 17:14
Well it seems I am catching up to all the old farts I ride with.

Yes on the 10th June 2007 I will become 34 years old and that has to be celebrated on the bike.

Thinking heading over the track down into Waiarapa, Alfredton way to masterton and out round there somewhere. Don't even know why I bother putting this bit in the intro to my posts cause you know thats not really where we are going to go.

Little disappointed that I dont get to skive off work on my birthday like some others round here.

Weather looks like its going to be awesome on Sunday so kick off about 10am from mobil ashhurst.

Whos coming?

chanceyy
8th June 2007, 17:21
ahh bugger lance would love to .. but heading up north tomorrow :(

cowboyz
8th June 2007, 17:23
snob.........................

blacksheep
8th June 2007, 17:26
could be a goer:scooter:

chanceyy
8th June 2007, 17:26
hey I am doing the obligitory daughter twice a yr visit ... ( & catch up with the hamihole kbers) :yes:

anyhow you snob last weekend .. ya didn't come to turangi :lol: :nono:

blacksheep
8th June 2007, 17:27
need to celebrate my b'thday too

blacksheep
8th June 2007, 17:28
hey I am doing the obligitory daughter twice a yr visit ... ( & catch up with the hamihole kbers) :yes:

there wasn't any more room in the trailer was there?:dodge:

chanceyy
8th June 2007, 17:30

ummmm nope :shutup:

cowboyz
8th June 2007, 17:34

i went to hamilton last weekend. nothing there. take my word for it.. that saved you a trip now you can come riding.

cowboyz
8th June 2007, 17:35
need to celebrate my b'thday too

how old you made it to?

cowboyz
8th June 2007, 17:36

my bike doesnt get trailered anywhere unless its got 2 flat tyres and out of gas and even then its not a given.

blacksheep
8th June 2007, 17:37
46:gob: :rockon:

cowboyz
8th June 2007, 17:45
congratulations. You dont look a day over 45!

blacksheep
8th June 2007, 17:54
congratulations. You dont look a day over 45!
:yes: must be my clean living lifestyle:innocent:

yod
8th June 2007, 18:02
shit....might have to do a half assed fix up job on the viffer, anyone got a nc21 left side lower fairing bracket lying round? or a weldy thingy thing wotsit?

cowboyz
8th June 2007, 18:05
What did you do to it?

I am going to work in the morning. If you want to come down in the morning we could make a bracket out of something.

yod
8th June 2007, 18:12
tomorrow morning u mean?

its obviously been fixed before and they've use steel thats too thin so its just given way again (understandable with the MIGHTY power of the V4 :laugh:) - i noticed the fairing moving a bit when i was out vinegar hill way with Phil (he was on a 88 GSXR250 and I STILL couldnt stay in front of him! :laugh:)

not the end of the world - the back end of the fairing is just hangin loose and moving around a bit

dogsnbikes
8th June 2007, 18:14
What did you do to it?

I am going to work in the morning. If you want to come down in the morning we could make a bracket out of something.

Can you do it next weekend coz this I gotta see:dodge:

cowboyz
8th June 2007, 18:19
tomorrow morning u mean?

its obviously been fixed before and they've use steel thats too thin so its just given way again (understandable with the MIGHTY power of the V4 :laugh:) - i noticed the fairing moving a bit when i was out vinegar hill way with Phil (he was on a 88 GSXR250 and I STILL couldnt stay in front of him! :laugh:)

not the end of the world - the back end of the fairing is just hangin loose and moving around a bit

text me in the morning and bring it down (that being the 9th june) and we will jimmy something up for it. I will use something that can handle speeds of 335km/hr so it is sure not to break again.

yod
8th June 2007, 18:21
I will use something that can handle speeds of 335km/hr so it is sure not to break again.

ah yes....very wise

Meanie
8th June 2007, 18:26
Hmmmm may come ill have to see how i feel i got this thing going on called vertigo,had it since last sunday and cant seem to get rid of it. For those of you who dont know what it is ,its dizzy spell gone mad :sick:
Its bloody horrible and no way to control it Not good when your right in the middle of a good ol S bend

u4ea
8th June 2007, 18:29
Hmmmm may come ill have to see how i feel i got this thing going on called vertigo,had it since last sunday and cant seem to get rid of it. For those of you who dont know what it is ,its dizzy spell gone mad :sick:
Its bloody horrible and no way to control it Not good when your right in the middle of a good ol S bend

inner ear infection????

Meanie
8th June 2007, 18:31
inner ear infection????
Kind of but a little more complicated and untreatable, just gotta wait it out

cowboyz
8th June 2007, 18:32

good ride will fix it. Failing that an insurance funded FJR is not a bad consolation prize.

chanceyy
8th June 2007, 19:51
i went to hamilton last weekend. nothing there. take my word for it.. that saved you a trip now you can come riding.

well not going to hammy exactly ... & :yes: the only reason to go to hammy is to catch up with MT & mrs MT .. tri boy & mrs tri boy ... dinner is scheduled for sunday :yes: ... other than that will be based out east of hammy ... bout hour away ..

with very very very nice hot pools :D & a mount right outside

cowboyz
8th June 2007, 20:01
have fun. we will be out riding.

yod
8th June 2007, 20:19
have fun. we will be out riding.

....with at least one trumpet by the sounds of things.....

dogsnbikes
8th June 2007, 20:42
....with at least one trumpet by the sounds of things.....

dont think the kwaka's are ready to see them two by two :innocent:

cowboyz
8th June 2007, 20:51
hey, I got 2 mirrors. 1 for each of you.

Meanie
9th June 2007, 08:44
:D & a mount right outside

you got a new boyfriend up that way havnt you :dodge:

kat13
9th June 2007, 11:02
Cool - thanks. Will be there if the weather looks half good enough (yeah, I've been know to be a wus in winter- must be old age or something). K

cowboyz
9th June 2007, 11:35
Cool - thanks. Will be there if the weather looks half good enough (yeah, I've been know to be a wus in winter- must be old age or something). K

awesome. all the ashhurst boys are being girls and not coming. (or doing the work thing)

yod
9th June 2007, 11:42
awesome. all the ashhurst boys are being girls and not coming. (or doing the work thing)

hey thanks for the fix-it job this morning mate - i got home and told the wife to suit up and we'd give her new gear a road test (just an excuse to take a quick rip through the gorge and back), she was mighty impressed with it

the bracket's still attached - must have been the paint job:laugh:

btw, the weather tomorrow is looking better on this side than the wairarapa side, might wanna revise those plans and stay over here....

yod
9th June 2007, 11:49

hows the mower? find/fix the problem?

yod
9th June 2007, 11:55
, I've been know to be a wus in winter

me too :laugh: i still go out, i just go slower :laugh:

cowboyz
9th June 2007, 11:59
hey thanks for the fix-it job this morning mate - i got home and told the wife to suit up and we'd give her new gear a road test (just an excuse to take a quick rip through the gorge and back), she was mighty impressed with it

the bracket's still attached - must have been the paint job:laugh:

btw, the weather tomorrow is looking better on this side than the wairarapa side, might wanna revise those plans and stay over here....

No worries. Just dont do a comprehensive test on the gear huh?

Bloody fussy Honda riders. I really shouldn't have painted it. The extra weight is going to lower your top speed to the late 290s.

Yeah. looking at teh metservice and thinking about going up the valley instead.

hows the mower? find/fix the problem?

pulled it apart and then remembered it is saturday and went .. fuck it.. threw it in the "I cant be fucked" basket and came home.

yod
9th June 2007, 15:02
Bloody fussy Honda riders. I really shouldn't have painted it. The extra weight is going to lower your top speed to the late 290s.

just wanted to give ya half a chance mate :laugh:

chanceyy
9th June 2007, 15:58
you got a new boyfriend up that way havnt you :dodge:

lmfao .. wishful thinking :innocent: .. umm nope .. to cheeky for most guys to handle :yes:

Mouse
9th June 2007, 16:08
Sorry Cowboyz , to old and too cold for me . My bikes all wrapped up in the garage and I'm by the fire trying to keep warm:laugh: :laugh:

cowboyz
9th June 2007, 16:40
Sorry Cowboyz , to old and too cold for me . My bikes all wrapped up in the garage and I'm by the fire trying to keep warm:laugh: :laugh:

holy shit batman. Are you still alive? I heard you got squashed under a thumb or somefink

Mouse
9th June 2007, 16:46
holy shit batman. Are you still alive? I heard you got squashed under a thumb or somefink

:laugh: I'm still here , and still alive

Bonez
9th June 2007, 17:08
As noted the weather report east is ment be shit, but this side of the ranges, well Manawatu anyway, fine. So take along the wet weather gear. Kids are ment to be moving out, but haven't lifted a finger to help themselves YET, so may just be coming for a quiet toodle ;).

As for bloody fussy honda riders :sick:

And eveyone thats riden with cowboz knows he never uses his mirrors :yes:

yod
9th June 2007, 17:19
mmmm my wife made soup....mmmmmmmmm

edit: oh, hey bonez, wondered when you were gonna turn up....heard about 86's new toy??

blacksheep
9th June 2007, 17:19
are we still going for the 10am from ashurst option then ?,may see if i can drag another couple of peeps along to meet you lot,if thats ok with the ashurst posse?

blacksheep
9th June 2007, 17:20
mmmm my wife made soup....mmmmmmmmm

MATE!where do you live?

yod
9th June 2007, 17:23
MATE!where do you live?

not telling...it's mine...all MINE :devil2:

yod
9th June 2007, 17:25
if thats ok with the ashurst posse?

hey!! dont lump me in with that lot!!

im a big wussy soft as city boy and [proud of it :laugh:

yeah i would imagine 10 at the mobil is still the goer, we could make it somewhere else but cowboyz will throw his toys out if you try......

Bonez
9th June 2007, 17:38
edit: oh, hey bonez, wondered when you were gonna turn up....heard about 86's new toy??Not yet. 955i is it?

cowboyz
9th June 2007, 17:42
As noted the weather report east is ment be shit, but this side of the ranges, well Manawatu anyway, fine. So take along the wet weather gear. Kids are ment to be moving out, but haven't lifted a finger to help themselves YET, so may just be coming for a quiet toodle ;).

As for bloody fussy honda riders :sick:

And eveyone thats riden with cowboz knows he never uses his mirrors :yes:

good to see you showed up. me thinking about heading up the valley now. weather in Bonez country seems a bit dodgey tomorrow.

are we still going for the 10am from ashurst option then ?,may see if i can drag another couple of peeps along to meet you lot,if thats ok with the ashurst posse?

sweet. More the merrier. If we do go up the valley you have to promise not to throw your bike off suzuki corner.

Meanie
9th June 2007, 17:44
Not yet. 955i is it?

Yep a brand new yellow one cowboyz just showed me a pic of it

Bonez
9th June 2007, 17:46
Yep a brand new yellow one cowboyz just showed me a pic of itSo I take it we can call DnB and 86GSXR "THE TWINS".

Meanie
9th June 2007, 17:49
So I take it we can call DnB and 86GSXR "THE TWINS".

Yep itll be interesting when we go to mount up and see the confusion as they sort out whos is whos bike

chanceyy
9th June 2007, 17:50

yeah gawd help us all :D

finally got the pics too .. Noice bike there Al .. will have a closer look when i get back :innocent:

cowboyz
9th June 2007, 17:50
hey!! dont lump me in with that lot!!

im a big wussy soft as city boy and [proud of it :laugh:

yeah i would imagine 10 at the mobil is still the goer, we could make it somewhere else but cowboyz will throw his toys out if you try......

hey........ back in the corner......

Not yet. 955i is it?

check out the "on behalf of 86gsxr" thread.

Yes. the twins. being surrounded by the british.

yod
9th June 2007, 17:53
hey........ back in the corner......

sorry...i keep forgetting.....:bye:

cowboyz
9th June 2007, 17:54
I will let you out when you bring me soup.

blacksheep
9th June 2007, 17:54
sweet. More the merrier. If we do go up the valley you have to promise not to throw your bike off suzuki corner.[/QUOTE]

thats not the one with the white fence around it ,is it?:blink: it hurts when you fall off more when you are an oldie like me so caution is the name of the survival game:doctor:

Bonez
9th June 2007, 17:57
Yes. the twins. being surrounded by the british.Too keep those slanty yellowed eye midget produced bikes honest ol bean. What!

yod
9th June 2007, 18:19
Too keep those slanty yellowed eye midget produced bikes honest ol bean. What!

quite, quite, tea? anyone?

Bonez
9th June 2007, 18:31
quite, quite, tea? anyone?Only the best sir! http://www.twinings.com/home.php One lump or two? Toodle pip, telly ho and all that. What!

Now off to the Hanger to prepare the Sopwith for it's next confrontation with the hun in the sun........

yod
9th June 2007, 18:36
I will let you out when you bring me soup.

now come on, i let you fix the honda...surely thats reward enough for any mere mortal....

Bonez
9th June 2007, 18:43
now come on, i let you fix the honda...surely thats reward enough for any mere mortal....I hope he washed his hands first :dodge:

cowboyz
9th June 2007, 18:44
Only the best sir! http://www.twinings.com/home.php One lump or two? Toodle pip, telly ho and all that. What!

Now off to the Hanger to prepare the Sopwith for it's next confrontation with the hun in the sun........

What the fuck are you on about???????????

now come on, i let you fix the honda...surely thats reward enough for any mere mortal....

You let me - nay forced me to make the bracket backwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yod
9th June 2007, 18:48
You let me - nay forced me to make the bracket backwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wasn't going to mention that you welded it wrong the first time, had to grind it off and then redo it, but since you brought it up......:innocent:

Bonez
9th June 2007, 18:50
What the fuck are you on about???????????

http://www.acepilots.com/wwi/sop_camel.html

Now your education is complete grasshopper:yes:

cowboyz
9th June 2007, 18:50
bugger,....,.,.. might have to get that book "how to get foot out of mouth" for my birthday.........

yod
9th June 2007, 22:02
12 hours and counting - see you at the mobil

hopefully i'll actually get some sleep tonight....

86GSXR
9th June 2007, 23:57
I say chaps, jolly good show.

Light the fire, 900 miles to go :2thumbsup

blacksheep
10th June 2007, 08:23
sorry old beans,woke up feeling like:sick: think i have caught daughters lergie(sp)the thought of throwing up while in my helmet does not appeal,so i will bail out on this one:bye: have a god one:scooter: ride safe:sunny: and hopefully i,ll be out on next one!

cowboyz
10th June 2007, 08:25
shame, but shit happens. catch ya on the next one.

yod
10th June 2007, 09:10
:yawn:

hmmm...

Bonez
10th June 2007, 09:14
Happy bornday cowboyz. Been lumblered with the gand kids. But will try to make lift off........

blacksheep it's been going around our lot too.

blacksheep
10th June 2007, 09:19
not good eh

blacksheep
10th June 2007, 09:21
why is it you always seem to get ill on a weekend?

Meanie
10th June 2007, 10:52
Im still feeling crap:sick: , felt worse when i hear a heap of tooting from out front as you lot do a drive by, talk about rubbing salt into the wound Saw four bikes ride past Bonez, Yod, Kat13 i think and in front again was cowboyz, hasnt anyone learnt not to follow him
Happy birthday cowboyz
Have a safe one

Grub
10th June 2007, 11:13
There's a bunch of Wellyites heading your way for either the Saddle, the Track or both ... i also suggested the cafe at the eastern end of the gorge that heads onto the Track.

If you've got mobile nums for Mrs Kendog, Sels1, Buckbuck, KoroJ you might be able to hook up

cowboyz
10th June 2007, 16:12
nice cafe by the look. never stopped there myself cause it is about 1km from home. Saw a group of bikes coming through feilding but never stopped. we stopped for fuel and they carried on.

Bonez
10th June 2007, 16:47
again was cowboyz, hasnt anyone learnt not to To be perfectly honest he was ok till we hit Feilding..................

Nice to meet Kat13.

Spent quite bit of time talking about PCs and other geekish stuff by the side of the road. Which was ok because it happened to be a hobby of mine till a few years ago. Hence Tux flapping his wings.

86GSXR
10th June 2007, 17:38
Bugger, sorry I missed it! Work eh!

cowboyz
10th June 2007, 17:54
would have been a bit better with a triumph or two in the mix. Anyone know where we could find a couple?

86GSXR
10th June 2007, 19:04
I have a very good idea where we can find a couple of big golds! When's the next group ride then? I know I'll be out there 1st thing tomorrow working on upping those revs some more!

dogsnbikes
10th June 2007, 19:08
yeah and mine will be home on wednesday and she looks good with her fish nets one:shutup:

yod
10th June 2007, 19:23
yeah and mine will be home on wednesday and she looks good with her fish nets one:shutup:

uh-oh...i can see this thread going downhill from here....