PDA

View Full Version : You want $200?

knight rider
8th June 2007, 20:25
here's the catch.....

I need someone to clean & balance/tune my carbs & fix the funny sound coming from my header pipes. I know I could take it to bike shop but he's busy & I want it done now & want to learn how to do it. So if anyone around wellington knows how to do it pm me I've got the cash waiting for you.......

I can borrow a four pot balance gauge and a 90 degree 1/4 inch driver & an air compressor

ZeroIndex
9th June 2007, 03:28
One of the local bike shops should be able to do that for you...

Now..... where's my $200??? :p

knight rider
9th June 2007, 07:11
One of the local bike shops should be able to do that for you...

Now..... where's my $200??? :p

cheeky bum lol

knight rider
9th June 2007, 08:35
I can borrow a four pot balance gauge and a 90 degree 1/4 inch driver & an air compressor

knight rider
9th June 2007, 20:02
well I think it's the carbs that needs work. When idiling at cold it keeps stalling & when idiling it sounds like the revs are bouncing up & down

Milky
21st June 2007, 15:31
If you haven't got this sorted yet - From what you say it sounds like you might have a leak on the inlet side. Is the funny sound 'chuffing' from the headers? Give all the header bolts a little tweak and see if that fixes it. Sometimes you can feel the gas escaping on your hand, or see carbon buildup around the outlets from the head.

ZeroIndex
21st June 2007, 17:52
I'm still waiting for that $200... or was that false advertising? :p

knight rider
21st June 2007, 17:55
I'm still waiting for that $200... or was that false advertising? :p

was gonna give someone $200 to fix it but you didn't fix it cheeky bum. Anyway it's in the shop now

knight rider
21st June 2007, 17:56
If you haven't got this sorted yet - From what you say it sounds like you might have a leak on the inlet side. Is the funny sound 'chuffing' from the headers? Give all the header bolts a little tweak and see if that fixes it. Sometimes you can feel the gas escaping on your hand, or see carbon buildup around the outlets from the head.
have tried tightening the bolts but only worked for like 5 mins. It's in the shop now

ZeroIndex
21st June 2007, 18:42
was gonna give someone $200 to fix it but you didn't fix it cheeky bum. Anyway it's in the shop now

I gather they'll probably want $400?

knight rider
4th July 2007, 14:59
I gather they'll probably want $400?

yup about that price