PDA

View Full Version : Opening up Hyosung GT250 can

forkoil
9th June 2007, 21:01
Does anyone know what can be done to a standard can to let it breath better and make a throatier sound?

skidMark
9th June 2007, 21:08
get a big screwdriver or spike and hit it into the baffle plates all the way down the muffler....

big crowbar also works...

if thats not enough take it to a shop get it cut open gutted out then welded back together.

doing any of this will void your warrenty most likely though.

SM

BarBender
9th June 2007, 21:13
Does anyone know what can be done to a standard can to let it breath better and make a throatier sound?

...or call Warren on 0210352218 and he'll gut it and stick some perf in their for you. Sounds mint. Will cost you about 2 hundy

forkoil
10th June 2007, 10:53
I have done that years ago on another bike and it worked OK, so I'll give it a go. Thanks for the responses

Pancakes
10th June 2007, 11:51
I can supply you a carbon/glass can, ready to bolt on for $350, then you'll have the factory one for wof's/resale etc, 2" straight through. Looses a wee bit of bottom end without the chamber but will rev out freely to 12k if you let it. There is a wait to get the tube in. I have a "dummy" one that you can see/hear on my bike if you like.

motoGP
10th June 2007, 17:44
DONT DO IT!

I've seen one go BANG because of a de-baffled muffler. Valves had a hard time on the rear cylinder. If you do it, do it properly.

ArcherWC
10th June 2007, 19:35
...or call Warren on 0210352218 and he'll gut it and stick some perf in their for you. Sounds mint. Will cost you about 2 hundy
seconded, he does great work, and has done a few hobags already