PDA

View Full Version : Greymouth Street Race

Kickaha
14th September 2004, 19:56
Ok there's no prize money and not many trophies,but you do get to thrash your bike legally around the city streets

Last year I entered 3 classes on my bucket and got 11 races for the day and could have had some more if my exhaust hadn't broken,to be on the safe side this year I'm taking 2 bikes and entering in 5 classes so I figure on about 15-16 races for the day

They're also trying to organise a bike show and possibly a demo by the sidecar guys

Greymouth Street Race MNZ permit 7246
Labour Weekend Sunday 24th October
Entry Fee $60
Classes
F1
F2
F3
Bears
Buckets
Classics
Period 82

You can cross enter as many classes as your bike is eligble for at no extra charge
Entries must be in by Oct 9th late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the organiser up to Oct 16th with a extra $50 late fee
Entry forms available from
The Secretary
PO Box 166
Greymouth (enclose a self adressed envelope) or pm me and I could probably scan it and email you

Pickle
15th September 2004, 13:11
Have been to this meeting twice as a spectator and can recommend this as a great weekend. The roads to Greymouth are bloody marvellous ( Buller Gorge or Springs Junction / Reefton ).
There are pubs open right beside the circuit most holding BBQ's on the street, Cafes open so you can sit having your latte and still watch the racing.

If anyone needs an excuse to go South over Labour weekend then this is it unfortunately we will not be going this year as we are going to Gisborne for the Wine & Food Festival, Dam more good roads and fine food, wine to consume. :2thumbsup

Paul in NZ
15th September 2004, 13:33
Used to be a regular trip when we lived in ChCh...

My mate Steve and I were in a cafe right on the track enjoying a coffee and watching the bikes go past. Steve was trying to con me into entering... I'll build a bike you ride it deal... I was explaining to Steve that me being a poofteenth faster than him did not actually qualify me in any special way when there was an almighty commotion outside the cafe' and a rider (sans motorcycle) flew through the air at about eye level into the hay bales...

We drank our coffee and nothing more was said on the matter!

Do they still have that bend at the roundabout by the bank! Jeeze! That gave me the willies! Not a lot of room for error!

Paul N