PDA

View Full Version : Trackside Video - Suzuki Trackday 9 June 2007

Leong
10th June 2007, 19:37
Something a bit different... no on board stuff this time....

A beautifully fine day not only makes the riding better, but the video and photos look better too. Of course a few KB'ers feature on the video. Suzuki trackdays are a GSX-R lovers paradise and though unintentional this shows in the footage and photos I got.

The meeting was very well run by the Kiwi Rider people who appear to have setup a company to run these events. There were very few incidents and virtually no delays so we got at least six sessions each despite there being four speed groups. And all for a $50.00 entry fee on a Saturday! Gotta love Suzuki!!

Highlight of the day for me was letting Jason (vtec) take my bike out for a session. He went out at the front of the fast group and despite being on a road bike on road tyres didn't get passed by anyone! He lapped in the 1.42s, the same as Craig Shirriffs did during the lunch break on the demo GSX-R 750 so was happy with that!

Thanks Jason for the ride there and back, and cheers Terry for the use of your truck and trailer!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SMfYIaMKgCo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SMfYIaMKgCo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Meekey_Mouse
10th June 2007, 20:16
Woohoo! Awesome video Leong :rockon:

I've never seen a video of me on the track before... I'm 3:15 on the KB vid or 4:51 on the You Tube one ^_^ Thank you soo much!

Bling sent :D

MotoGirl
10th June 2007, 20:23
Something a bit different... no on board stuff this time....

Cheers for the vid :rockon: it's cool seeing myself!

NinjaBoy
10th June 2007, 20:40
Great video Leong. Looks like the new oxford shirt was essential equipment with the Wind, but at least it was dry.

Kendog
10th June 2007, 22:35
Excellent video, well done.

saul
11th June 2007, 06:54
Awesome vid L nice editing (music was not my taste but that is by the by).

1:42 is quick for your mate just jumping on your bike:yes:

Yep it looked cold.

Good on Szuk NZ:rockon:

chris
11th June 2007, 10:09
Hi Leong,

Nice vid. Just one thing, are you able to edit it? The day is actually run by TrackFun for Suzuki, not Kiwi Rider. No worries if you can't. I've sent the link to Suzuki too.

BarBender
11th June 2007, 11:28
Nice vid Leong.

Leong
11th June 2007, 19:06
Great video Leong. Looks like the new oxford shirt was essential equipment with the Wind, but at least it was dry.
Yep, coldest I've ever been there - the shirt works well! But there was plenty of grip even in the first session!

1:42 is quick for your mate just jumping on your bike:yes:
Yup! He is talented. That's only 2 seconds slower than when Shaun did 5 or 6 laps on my bike.

Hi Leong,

Nice vid. Just one thing, are you able to edit it? The day is actually run by TrackFun for Suzuki, not Kiwi Rider. No worries if you can't. I've sent the link to Suzuki too.

Hi Chris, I can't edit the uploaded video, but can delete and replace it if necessary. I prefer not to as it takes forever to upload. I remembered seeing something about TrackFun with the registration forms, hence the reference to you guys setting up a company in my blurb, but I couldn't remember the name and wanted to get it done yesterday, (or it might not have got done at all!)

chris
12th June 2007, 08:34
Hi Chris, I can't edit the uploaded video, but can delete and replace it if necessary. I prefer not to as it takes forever to upload. I remembered seeing something about TrackFun with the registration forms, hence the reference to you guys setting up a company in my blurb, but I couldn't remember the name and wanted to get it done yesterday, (or it might not have got done at all!)

No worries, Leong.

007XY
12th June 2007, 13:13
awesome video dude..thanks..:yes: even saw myself in there..

007XX
12th June 2007, 21:07
Most excellent! Being new to KB, I wasn't able to recognise you guys on the day, even though we might have crossed paths through forums.
Somehow, I got a bit shy and didn't manage to just walk up to people and say: "you wouldn't happen to be called .... on the KB site, would ya?"
You all looked like you were having a lot of fun.

TIE, your bike looks and sounds awesome..Especially like the blue lights!

vtec
18th June 2007, 21:56
Hey Leong,

You don't do anything by halves do you. A quality Goh production. Thanks for the props in your post too.

Anyway, me and the bike are alright after the stack on the weekend. Definitely my most painful crash yet, took me a while to get up, but no permanent damage, and I'll be test riding that K5 by the end of the week. Thanks for coming down, sorry for the lacklustre performance, I'll be running better condition tyres in future, had no grip on the power all day. Had another look at the tyre today, and it was way past the tread indicator on the right hand side, to the point where the tread had nearly dissappeared. Made a bad call on running that tyre.