View Full Version : Black Sabbath-The Dio years

Headbanger
11th June 2007, 11:46
Bob Dylan.....nah.

Axel Poser circus....no way in hell.

Black Sabbath featuring the legend Ronnie James Dio

Helllllllllllllllllll YEAH.

Playing in Jafaville on Aug 16.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.nz/event/24003EC7BA691DA5?artistid=1099139&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200

caesius
11th June 2007, 11:49
No Ozzy? Not all bands are what they are because of the lead vocalist, but for me Black Sabbath is one.

Still, I wouldn't say no if tickets came up...

Headbanger
11th June 2007, 12:07
I'm a big fan of both era's, For me the first album they done with Dio (Heaven and Hell) ranks up there with the best 2 or 3 they done with Ozzy, And imo Dio's body of work (outside of Black Sabbath) is superior to Ozzy's output (outside of Black Sabbath) by a long shot.

On the other hand if I was to be left on a deserted island for the rest of my life and could only take six albums then I would nominate the first six Black Sabbath albums.

Either way, Im happy, This lineup stands on its own legs, and I personally think Ozzy is shot, what I have heard of his latest album left me cold, sounded so digitized and weak.

MisterD
11th June 2007, 12:10
No Ozzy? Not all bands are what they are because of the lead vocalist, but for me Black Sabbath is one.

Could you seriously imagine Sabbath without Tony Iommi? But I agree that the Dio-fronted version is clearly the inferior model...

caesius
11th June 2007, 12:11
I personally think Ozzy is shot, what I have heard of his latest album left me cold, sounded so digitized and weak.

Yeah I agree with you there. His last piece of good work was in Reunion for me.

caesius
11th June 2007, 12:13
Could you seriously imagine Sabbath without Tony Iommi?

Musically no, I see your point. But Ozzy brings Black Sabbath something else. Fresh bat anyone?

MisterD
11th June 2007, 12:19
I'm a big fan of both era's, For me the first album they done with Dio (Heaven and Hell) ranks up there with the best 2 or 3 they done with Ozzy, And imo Dio's body of work is superior to Ozzy's output by a long shot.

On the other hand if I was to be left on a deserted island for the rest of my life and could only take six albums then I would nominate the first six Black Sabbath albums.

Either way, Im happy, This lineup stands on its own legs, and I personally think Ozzy is shot, what I have heard of his latest album left me cold, sounded so digitized and weak.

I never much liked any of Dio's stuff, I gave it a good listen years ago 'cos I went to school with Rowan Robertson the kid that was plucked from obscurity at about 16 years old to play guitar for RJD when he won an audition....

New threads! Six albums for a desert island, bands changing lead singers...Sabbath, Van Halen...erm **scrapes barrel** INXS:shutup:

The Pastor
11th June 2007, 14:21
most interesting, I wonder how much tickets will be?

outlawtorn
11th June 2007, 15:03
I wouldn't mind seeing this lineup, I was fortunate enough to be in the audience in 1997 in the NEC Birmingham Arena when they played their first dates of the "Reunion" tour. Excellent gig, nothing beats Ozzy, Dio is good, but Ozzy is just hands down the winner.

outlawtorn
11th June 2007, 15:04
most interesting, I wonder how much tickets will be?
$116 each :shit:

The Pastor
11th June 2007, 15:08
not for me then lol.

Maha
11th June 2007, 15:10

Not so sure...the rest of your life (be it on an island or not) could go on for a while....so you should take an assortment of music rather than six of just one pop artist..... Alan Parsons Project springs to mind....you know, for those relaxing times...:yes:

Shadows
11th June 2007, 18:23
Fucking wicked! The best band in The World is coming to NZ!
Ozzy or Dio... fuck it... beggars can't be choosers!

Biff
11th June 2007, 19:50
Fkinayeeeee!

Dio in concert are shit hot...as the main man in Sabbath he was a legend. Ozzie or RJD? hmmm...tough call.