PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on a bike plz

Lias
12th June 2007, 13:24
Friend of mine is looking at buying a bike.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=103856003

Anyone have any comments / thoughts on that model's reliability, km's, price etc etc.

avgas
12th June 2007, 13:38
looks ok to me, but has he ridden one yet? as i rode one and was not inspired. To me it felt like a cross between the BMW and the TL. With all the bad points of both.
But then again that was just my preference, some people love em.
Tell him to take it for a ride before he hands over the coin

Pwalo
12th June 2007, 13:39
FWIW my mechanic reckons they're pretty reliable and well up to high mileages, of course with the proviso that they have been regularly serviced.

The only thing that I'm aware of being a possible problem is cam chain tensioners (it's a Honda), and awful tank range (again it's a Honda), but you'll need to have a good look at it in the flesh. (I'm not sure about that last bit).

RC1
12th June 2007, 13:48
i rode one not to long before i rode the TLS and found the TLS a bit more of an allrounder bike seemed to be a bit more comfy and the torque seemed better , but its still a good bike there are a few who ride these on kb and im sure they will say the honda is better :finger: but not imo

Dooly
12th June 2007, 13:51
I found my one a good re-entry into motorcycling for me.
Plenty of user friendly power, and rider comfort.
As its pre 02, the tank will be smaller than my one, but its not that much of a down side.
A good alrounder big v twin IMO.