PDA

View Full Version : Fender Telecaster California on TardMe

SARGE
13th June 2007, 11:03
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=104435421

this is a Fender Squire Tele California Series and Frontman Amp..

must go

riffer
13th June 2007, 12:10
LOL. I can see how there was some confusion.

In the late 60s Fender made a couple of different versions of the Telecaster.

The Telecaster Esquire was a cheaper version of the Tele, which was identical with the exception of the neck pickup.

And it's actually worth a fair bit now.

The Squire models were created by Fender in the 80s, and were assembled in the Japanese factories (way back when the Japanese would work for peanuts) and the quality was very very good. This second tier of Fender was eventually moved to Mexico when the Japanese got too expensive (and marketed as Fender - made in Mexico) and the Squire model manufacture was shifted to China and Indonesia, using lower quality woods than the 80s Squires.

If you can get your hands on an 80s Squire Stratocaster or Telecaster they're worth some pretty good money now...

SARGE
13th June 2007, 17:07
If you can get your hands on an 80s Squire Stratocaster or Telecaster they're worth some pretty good money now...

so buy this one as a collectors item from when the Chinese would work for Peanuts..

R6_kid
13th June 2007, 17:52
i feel an infraction coming on... Joni will burn you for posting in the wrong forum

SARGE
13th June 2007, 22:02
i feel an infraction coming on... Joni will burn you for posting in the wrong forum

meh... :whocares:

*insert chorus from Me & Bobby McGee here*

BarBender
13th June 2007, 23:56
meh... :whocares:

*insert chorus from Me & Bobby McGee here*

Welcome back Sarge.
Got any new tunes?