PDA

View Full Version : Alan Clark's dilemma: To meet the Dalai Lama or not...

MisterD
13th June 2007, 13:08
There's a tough one for you comrade Clark...do you meet the Dalai Lama and pander to all your chattering liberal voters or not, because let's face it, it's not a good move in the sucking up to China stakes.

Will she or won't she? Who's good with the odds around here?

MSTRS
13th June 2007, 13:15
Nah....she sorted it last week with the new immigration policy.

Biff
13th June 2007, 13:21
That woman has some balls...so I believe she will/would (is is planned/on offer?).

Feel free to slap her around for some of her decisions over the years, but she's a woman with strong principles IMO. And that's rare in a politician.

MisterD
13th June 2007, 14:04
Feel free to slap her around for some of her decisions over the years, but she's a woman with strong principles IMO. And that's rare in a politician.

Strong principles of doing or saying whatever it takes to keep the wool over the majority of unintelligent voters' eyes and herself in power...

eliot-ness
13th June 2007, 14:58
The Dalai Lama was here in 2002 after a tour of Australia, where, after threats from China, government officials refused to meet him. In New Zealand he met Jim Anderton and Phil Goff despite similar threats. Helen Clarke was in Australia at the time. I've no doubt she will meet him this time. I believe her comment at that time was, 'NZ doesn't bow to foreign political pressure' or words to that effect.

MSTRS
13th June 2007, 15:04
Her Creepiness (HC) has no principles beyond ensuring that no matter what she does, shit sticks to someone(else).
I suspect that last visit, she planned to be 'away' etc so if there was a backlash from China, she could say that it was done in her absence and without her consent....
This time...watch this space

Swoop
13th June 2007, 15:15
'NZ doesn't bow to foreign political pressure' or words to that effect.
Political pressure does not concern Heilen. Cash or bank cheque only!

Steam
13th June 2007, 21:11
Yeah she'll meet with him. I have my ticket already, looking forward to it.
He will be speaking on:

A Human Approach to World Peace
* Solving Human problem through transforming Human attitude
* Compassion as a pillar of world peace
* World religion for world peace
* Individual power to shape Institutes

Hitcher
14th June 2007, 18:51
The two love birds met today. HC now has DL's cellphone number so she can text him.

Flatcap
14th June 2007, 19:09
The two love birds met today. HC now has DL's cellphone number so she can text him.

What did he do to earn that Karma?

Murder a baby or summint?