PDA

View Full Version : First long ride of the season

LB
16th September 2004, 05:35
Now that the temperatures seem to have warmed up slightly, and so long as it's not too wet (yeah, call me a woose.....) we're planning to ride up to Morrinsville this weekend. Will leave just before daybreak Saturday, up to Wanganui, then Paraparas/National Park/Taumarunui. Will spend the day with my Dad, stay overnight, then back home Sunday, leaving Morrinsville around 7.30/8.00am. Most likely will come back via Taranaki (ah, the Awakino Gorge.....)

I haven't done a long ride on the 1000 yet, so I'm really keen. I don't seem to be getting terribly good fuel economy (though it's not nearly as bad as yours Matthewt!) so it'll be good to try it out on a trip.

Blakamin
16th September 2004, 07:24
Now that the temperatures seem to have warmed up slightly, and so long as it's not too wet (yeah, call me a woose.....) we're planning to ride up to Morrinsville this weekend. Will leave just before daybreak Saturday, up to Wanganui, then Paraparas/National Park/Taumarunui. Will spend the day with my Dad, stay overnight, then back home Sunday, leaving Morrinsville around 7.30/8.00am. Most likely will come back via Taranaki (ah, the Awakino Gorge.....)

I'm riding to hastings on saturday to see my sister... shame they're 2 different directions!

Hitcher
16th September 2004, 09:27
Good to see that you're intent on getting some calluses back on your bum! Summer beckons... I hope that the forecasters are wrong about this El Niņo thing.

Gasman
16th September 2004, 10:09
:sunny: I missed that news Hitcher. What are the weather guys saying?

vifferman
16th September 2004, 10:22
.I haven't done a long ride on the 1000 yet, so I'm really keen. I don't seem to be getting terribly good fuel economy (though it's not nearly as bad as yours Matthewt!) so it'll be good to try it out on a trip..
.If it's anything like my V-twin, it'll be heaps better with a bit of open-roading. I get ~120km per 13litres commuting, but with my short weekend jaunt, it's gone up to nearly 170km!

Blakamin
16th September 2004, 10:37
If it's anything like my V-twin, it'll be heaps better with a bit of open-roading. I get ~120km per 13litres commuting, but with my short weekend jaunt, it's gone up to nearly 170km!

glad i got the 400 then... I got 200ks on 9 litres of fuel on the KB ride a coupla weekends ago!

Sparky Bills
16th September 2004, 13:54
I used to get that on my Gixer,
After Ive been racing it, It doesnt like anything under 8grand.
I only been getting about 160-170km's out of her now.
Am going to take out carbs soon, but simply dont have time (am sure you all know how that is??)
Am going to wait for my new bike before I go on any major rides.
But who knows, spur of the moment is still possible. :eek:

Blakamin
16th September 2004, 14:01
I used to get that on my Gixer,
After Ive been racing it, It doesnt like anything under 8grand.
I only been getting about 160-170km's out of her now.
Am going to take out carbs soon, but simply dont have time (am sure you all know how that is??)
Am going to wait for my new bike before I go on any major rides.
But who knows, spur of the moment is still possible. :eek:
are you testing the r1 this weekend???? should "test" it to Hastings :yeah:

jrandom
16th September 2004, 14:09
If it's anything like my V-twin, it'll be heaps better with a bit of open-roading. I get ~120km per 13litres commuting, but with my short weekend jaunt, it's gone up to nearly 170km!

13 litres?

That'll do me for 380km.

Commuting.

:bleh: