PDA

View Full Version : Hello, i'm new here...

Juan
16th September 2004, 07:12
Hi all, just joined your site, looking into the idea of moving to New Zealand in a couple of years time and fraid you guys and gals will be pestered for info on all thing Kiwi

As for bikes between myself and my good lady wife we have six and a half, the half being a mini moto, the others are 1000 and 600 Fazers (FZ1) RVF 400, 400 babyblade and a pair of MV's, F4 and Brutale

Oh and we live on the Isle of Man....

White trash
16th September 2004, 07:37
Welcome to the Kiwibiker community, Juan.

Lovely stable of machines you good folk have, and the perfect location for giving them a regular workout!

toads
16th September 2004, 07:49
welcome aboard!, Great to see another husband and wife along that both enjoy biking!! Nice ( large collection of bikes you have there too)

Juan
16th September 2004, 07:51
Welcome to the Kiwibiker community, Juan.

Lovely stable of machines you good folk have, and the perfect location for giving them a regular workout!

Thanks for the welcome, as for good workout, only really the Mountain section of the course is safe to give them a work out these days, and soon we will have a speed limit as the "nanny state" is up and running over here, wish they would just leave us alone to play.Been good while it lasted tho!!!!

Juan
16th September 2004, 07:59
welcome aboard!, Great to see another husband and wife along that both enjoy biking!! Nice ( large collection of bikes you have there too)

Thanks, starting to get a bit cooler here now so the MV's will be in the house soon :cold: :msn-wink:

ching_ching
16th September 2004, 08:32
There can be only Juan.

Welcome, welcome. Lovey herd of horses you have.

Any chance of some pics?

ching_ching

SPman
16th September 2004, 08:34
A pair of Fazers, a pair of 400's and a pair of MV's! Phwoar! :first:

Road bikes for most occasions.

Gidday

jrandom
16th September 2004, 08:36
1000 and 600 Fazers (FZ1) RVF 400, 400 babyblade and a pair of MV's, F4 and Brutale

Oh and we live on the Isle of Man....

Did you win the lottery, or just die and go to biker heaven?

vifferman
16th September 2004, 08:42
Welcome, Juan.
If/when you do come over here, just bung all the horsies in the container (well packed, and with some hay, of course). You'll have to get them vinned before they can go on the road, but that should be a mere formality.

Ms Piggy
16th September 2004, 08:47
Welcome along to our world Juan...pester away about all things kiwi :niceone:

Why New Zealand btw.

jrandom
16th September 2004, 08:58
Why New Zealand btw.

Because we're *so* much nicer than uk.rec.motorcycles.

Juan
16th September 2004, 09:00
There can be only Juan.

Any chance of some pics?

ching_ching

Some pics guys and gals

vifferman
16th September 2004, 09:01
Why New Zealand btw.And because we welcome millionaires from Asia, terrorists from Afghanistan, refugees from the Isle of Man, and like that there:grouphug: .

vifferman
16th September 2004, 09:02
Some pics guys and galsHorrible, Horrible bikes, Juan.
I'd drop them in the sea on the way over, if I were you.

Juan
16th September 2004, 09:07
Did you win the lottery, or just die and go to biker heaven?

Just born here :niceone: and a mad property market :msn-wink:

jrandom
16th September 2004, 09:10
Horrible, Horrible bikes, Juan.
I'd drop them in the sea on the way over, if I were you.

No no, ecological sensibility and all that.

Bung 'em in a shipping container and I'll dispose of 'em safely for you :innocent:

Hitcher
16th September 2004, 09:12
Nice kit, Juan. One of the perks of living in a tax haven with some nice riding roads, I guess?

And welcome to our gargre!

Juan
16th September 2004, 09:16
Welcome along to our world Juan...pester away about all things kiwi :niceone:

Why New Zealand btw.

You drive on the same side of the road as us :cool2:

You speak the same language.... and you have lots of nice roads :2thumbsup

Thanks for the welcome, have to go for now as teenager wants the web :mad:

Eddieb
16th September 2004, 09:52
Just born here :niceone: and a mad property market :msn-wink:

So you want to leave a beautiful island, thats tax free, hosts the greatest motorcycle road race in the world, and has banned caravans

to come here... where we have our own raging property market, caravans, tiny (in comparision) road races and proper sting you everywhichway taxes.

:spudwhat:

Although it is kinda real pretty on our islands.

Marknz
16th September 2004, 17:53
Hey Juan, how about we just do a straight swap? My place and my bikes, yea I'll throw in the bucket racer as well, for your place and let's say just one of your MV's. Honest, I'll look after it for you :cool2:

Juan
17th September 2004, 05:15
Hey Juan, how about we just do a straight swap? My place and my bikes, yea I'll throw in the bucket racer as well, for your place and let's say just one of your MV's. Honest, I'll look after it for you :cool2:

Only the one??? :lol:

Juan
17th September 2004, 05:24
So you want to leave a beautiful island, thats tax free, hosts the greatest motorcycle road race in the world, and has banned caravans

to come here... where we have our own raging property market, caravans, tiny (in comparision) road races and proper sting you everywhichway taxes.

:spudwhat:

Although it is kinda real pretty on our islands.

Tho it would be nice to be tax free, unfortunatly we do pay tax.. The TT may well be living on borrowed time and speed limits are on there way :kick:
And belive it or not the course is boring me these days :eek5:
43 this year and just have itchy feet...

Where is the "best" place to live in your fine land? (steps back and waits for the arguments!!)

LB
17th September 2004, 05:24
Hi Juan and Mrs Juan. Welcome to KB. Nice bikes. We've got some great roads out here to use them on.

Don't listen to what the Aucklanders say, Wellington's the best place to live!!

Juan
17th September 2004, 05:30
Hi Juan and Mrs Juan. Welcome to KB. Nice bikes. We've got some great roads out here to use them on.

Don't listen to what the Aucklanders say, Wellington's the best place to live!!

Wot about jobs? I'm a engineer and mrs Juan (Ruth) is a driving instructor...
Is that just for ease af getting between the two Island or wot?

Thanks for the welcome

LB
17th September 2004, 05:37
Hi Juan - not really sure about the job front but there's heaps of people over here who need Mrs Juan's help.

Getting between the islands is a pain in the ass cos of the ferry, but at least we're right here ready to hop on. There's nice roads everywhere really, though the South Island has far less people, a much grippier surface, less "forces of evil" and amazing scenery. There's some neat threads about south island touring - have a look-see through all of Hitcher's posts, he's done about ten million trips down south and is going again in a week or so. (Me? Jealous? You bet.)

scumdog
17th September 2004, 08:08
Don't listen to them, the South Island is boring, long open roads with bugger all traffic to dodge around, long distances between latte' shops and fewer motorbike shops. :ride:

- and don't get me going about the weather! We're sick of shovelling up hypothermic penguins from the road and losing bikes in the snow drifts (well some of the north of Taupo types will have you convinced that's what the weather down south is like).

Welcome to the looney bin!! :)

Devil
17th September 2004, 08:48
Don't listen to what the Wellingtonians say, Auckland is the best place to live!!
Fixed :)
:spudbooge

SPman
17th September 2004, 09:22
Hi Juan - not really sure about the job front but there's heaps of people over here who need Mrs Juan's help.
Yes, if only they'd use those services!

2 MV's, - just like Bikerboy!

Fraid you'll have to move to Wellington coz
a - theres no more room left in Auckland (until I leave)
B - keeps you nice and central to most of the good roads.

Paul in NZ
17th September 2004, 09:48
Do your self a favour... Don't listen to these people. They are all MAD (I tells ya)

You and the missus, send a couple of your bikes out here, fly out, suit up and go for a 2 month berle around the countryside checking out the place. Drag the moaning teenagers with you or hire a car and take a good look!

Then decide. yes, it's some dead money but cheaper than making the wrong choice..

As for jobs, it's a good time because there is a shortage of some skills. depends on what sort of engineer you are?? As for driving instructors? She can teach my @#$%ing car killing clutch zombie daughters for a start off....

(calm paul calm)

Seriously. Come for a visit. We will pass you around and I'm sure you can swing a few free nights here and there... Well ok, you can stay at our place but only if you don't mind sharing... ;-)

Paul N

Ghost Lemur
17th September 2004, 13:55
Do your self a favour... Don't listen to these people. They are all MAD (I tells ya)

You and the missus, send a couple of your bikes out here, fly out, suit up and go for a 2 month berle around the countryside checking out the place. Drag the moaning teenagers with you or hire a car and take a good look!

Then decide. yes, it's some dead money but cheaper than making the wrong choice..

As for jobs, it's a good time because there is a shortage of some skills. depends on what sort of engineer you are?? As for driving instructors? She can teach my @#$%ing car killing clutch zombie daughters for a start off....

(calm paul calm)

Seriously. Come for a visit. We will pass you around and I'm sure you can swing a few free nights here and there... Well ok, you can stay at our place but only if you don't mind sharing... ;-)

Paul N

Couldn't have put it better.

Having lived pretty much everywhere in this country. Everywhere has it's pro's and con's. It very much depends as to what your priorities and desires are.

Don't know if your wife's qualifications are recognised here, but sure it wouldn't be too hard for her to meet local criteria or what-have-you. As for engineering, more likely that not you'll be able to find something in you area, although that might limit the range of areas you can choose to live in.

Coming over for a visit you not only give you a chance to scope out the country side but also the job prospects as you go too.

Juan
18th September 2004, 03:00

(calm paul calm)

Paul N

Why thank you, we have a master plan for next october, Moto GP in Quatar 1st weekend in Oct, Moto Gp 2nd w/e in Malaysia and 3rd w/e Moto gp at Philip Island, then hopefully whatever hols I can swing in NZ for a look around.

Engineer wise (maybe not so wise!) i'm a CNC miller making things for anything from presses to ejector seats.... even some bits for PFM bike brakes :niceone:

Good advice I feel re coming over for a good look, we have two yeas to sort thingswhilst daughter is doing A levels..

Thanks again

SPman
18th September 2004, 07:17
Is that a pic of some of your handiwork?

Hey, very tasty RVF by the way, yr welcome to bring that over....prolly fewer tasty RVF's over here than MV's :confused:

Juan
18th September 2004, 07:31
Is that a pic of some of your handiwork?

Hey, very tasty RVF by the way, yr welcome to bring that over....prolly fewer tasty RVF's over here than MV's :confused:

Yes to the handiwork, PFM radial mount 6 pot calipers and floating discs, we made (the company I work for) those for Ryan Farquar for his ZX10.

as for the RVF wild horses would not separate my wife from that bike!!! :eek:

Her_C4
18th September 2004, 08:23
Ha ha ha :bleh: She means in the North Island of course... those in the South Island already know how :laugh:

Getting between the islands is a pain in the ass cos of the ferry, but at least we're right here ready to hop on. There's nice roads everywhere really, though the South Island has far less people, a much grippier surface, less "forces of evil" and amazing scenery. There's some neat threads about south island touring - have a look-see through all of Hitcher's posts, he's done about ten million trips down south and is going again in a week or so. (Me? Jealous? You bet.)

Yeah right on!!

Welcome aboard Juan :spudbooge

BTW I would be prepared to move the mighty B4 out of the garage and reshouse somewhere else just to look after your F4's if you just wanna send them here first.... :love:

magnum
19th September 2004, 10:09
eh upp,welcome :ride:

Angry Puppy
19th September 2004, 10:24
Ah! the Isle of Man. The last of the great tax havens! Welcome aboard me ol' mucka! Good to have a some more fazers on board. Don't take this the wrong way, but do you FOC-U by any chance?

Shed-loads of us are ex-pats, so any advice you need, just holla.

tip number 1 - your UK tellie will work just fine over here! (not that you'll want to spend any time watching it because terestrial TV is even more shite the the UK. Oh how I miss auntie beeb (that and the fact there are some VERY twisty roads over here)).

Have you been over for a reccie yet? It's amazing how many people immigrate without ever visiting the intended destination first (in general. not just to NZ), which would probably explain the number of people who go home after the first year.

Fazer Bloke.

Juan
19th September 2004, 11:09
Ah! the Isle of Man. The last of the great tax havens! Welcome aboard me ol' mucka! Good to have a some more fazers on board. Don't take this the wrong way, but do you FOC-U by any chance?

Yeah did it for a while when I had my 600, the 600 is now my wifes, good site

Shed-loads of us are ex-pats, so any advice you need, just holla.

tip number 1 - your UK tellie will work just fine over here! (not that you'll want to spend any time watching it because terestrial TV is even more shite the the UK. Oh how I miss auntie beeb (that and the fact there are some VERY twisty roads over here)).

Have you been over for a reccie yet? It's amazing how many people immigrate without ever visiting the intended destination first (in general. not just to NZ), which would probably explain the number of people who go home after the first year.

Fazer Bloke.

Hopeing to get over oct next year for a while, will more than likely holla a fair bit before we decide for deffo, Cheers, Juan

inlinefour
28th January 2005, 00:05
Welcome and enjoy :banana: