PDA

View Full Version : Advise to newbees

FROSTY
16th September 2004, 10:33
This is one of the most friendly communities I have ever encountered.
Mr (mss) newbee you will make a lot of really good freinds.
But keep in mind that like any community there is a fair social economic diversity here. You also need to keep in mind That lest people find your tale untrue keep probability in view.
In other words save the tall tales that may or may not be true untill people know you.
If a certain KB member said he pulled a 200km/h wheelie .I'd believe him cos I've seen it done.
If I said it all the KB guys would say BS--cos they know I cant wheelie for shit.

manuboy
16th September 2004, 10:57
Hey Frosty ... good call. It'd be a brave newbie that did that anyway i reckon. I've got nothing to brag about... my girlfriend could probably beat me round Ruapuna on her mountain bike... :msn-wink:

Nutter34
16th September 2004, 12:23
Only one way to stop that and that's to go there more often. They had a 'have a go' two weeks ago. Were you there?
A whole bunch of Nelsonians were there, me on my black RD350.

scroter
16th September 2004, 12:28
Hey Frosty ... good call. It'd be a brave newbie that did that anyway i reckon. I've got nothing to brag about... my girlfriend could probably beat me round Ruapuna on her mountain bike... :msn-wink:

i like that :lol: . seruously though the levels of different riders can vary a great deal and im talking huge, but where all there cause we love it whatever our levle is aye.

manuboy
16th September 2004, 12:52
Only one way to stop that and that's to go there more often. They had a 'have a go' two weeks ago. Were you there?
A whole bunch of Nelsonians were there, me on my black RD350.

I was there, soaking up the atmos. Was a good day for it. I talked to a load of people (some from Nelson - there was a guy riding a 1200 of some sort). Was surprised by the variety of bikes - there was a guy on a bucket 250 - he was pissed cos he thought that c grade meant you could only pass on the main straight but he had to keep looking out for riders who were taking his line at a much higher speed.... guess that'll always be a problem...

Definitely REALLY KEEN, but would like to pick up something like an fzr400 or something (anything cheap!!!) cos i'm not keen to throw the sv down the road (yet). Would also need a mate who knows where abouts the engine is... :bleh:

Really i'd just be keen to get out there and follow a half decent rider around to try to learn as much as poss ...

White trash
16th September 2004, 13:29
But keep in mind that like any community there is a fair social economic diversity here. You also need to keep in mind That lest people find your tale untrue keep probability in view.
In other words save the tall tales that may or may not be true untill people know you.
If a certain KB member said he pulled a 200km/h wheelie .I'd believe him cos I've seen it done.
If I said it all the KB guys would say BS--cos they know I cant wheelie for shit.

Where as I can spin as much shit as I like, safe in the knowledge that nobody listens to a damn word I say and everyone's aware of what a wanker I am. :msn-wink:

Juan
17th September 2004, 05:47
So I should not tell you all that I am the fastest man I know round the TT course :not: :devil2:

White trash
17th September 2004, 07:43
So I should not tell you all that I am the fastest man I know round the TT course :not: :devil2:

Loving that one! Similar to the fact that I'm the fastest man I know round my bedroom :killingme

Quasievil
17th September 2004, 07:48
Where as I can spin as much shit as I like, safe in the knowledge that nobody listens to a damn word I say and everyone's aware of what a wanker I am. :msn-wink:
Sorry wasnt listening ya wanker :msn-wink:

Quasievil
17th September 2004, 07:49
I know a few KB oldies that spin shit regulary as well lol

scumdog
17th September 2004, 07:57
You mean not ALL the stories on this site are 100% fact? Shock, horror!!! :eek:

2_SL0
17th September 2004, 08:00
I pulled a wheelie at 300kmh on my GN 250, honest. Once I put it down I accelerated up to a top speed of 350kmh. All this was done on the Hunua gorge road, while eating a big mac. (It was a combo but I lost the coke and fries at 260kmh.) :msn-wink:

White trash
17th September 2004, 08:03
Fuch yeah, mate.

Last night, I was heading over the 'tukas. And I caught up on this guy on a CBR1000RR XYZ! And boy, did he get a surprise when I wheelied my GZ250 round the outside of him with my knee on the deck.

When he turned up at the summit, 10 minutes later he was like, "Man! You should see the rubber that thing leaves on the road! Fuck, I thought only Valentino Rossi could do that!"

And I was like, "Valentino who?!"

Yeah! :msn-wink:

scumdog
17th September 2004, 08:24
WELL! since we're 'coming' out with true stories, had to tow start a D8 bulldozer the other day with my sporty, had me worried on the gravel but once we hit the tar-seal and I got to 50kmh the old bully just lurched into life

- mind you the cockie wasn't too fussed at trying to hold the beast in a straight line at that speed but he should have warned me to keep it slow and not 'pull' so hard. :whistle:

merv
17th September 2004, 08:36
he should have warned me to keep it slow and not 'pull' so hard. :whistle:

Didn't ya mum tell ya you'd go blind or something?

FROSTY
17th September 2004, 08:38
Well Funny you should say that. On my rg50 bucket one night I was riding through town and got chased by a couple of hells angels.
After I rode through the old bus station and through the civic carpark i couldn't loose em so I rode down into the sky tower lift and round the top of the tower.
I left the rg up there so If ya look real close on a dark night youll see this little black blip with a number 20 on it goin round and round and round. :banana:

merv
17th September 2004, 08:43

So I'd have to say either welcome to our forum John McGuinness or shame you don't know John.

scumdog
17th September 2004, 12:55
Didn't ya mum tell ya you'd go blind or something?

She was the bulldozer driver but I thought it would throw you if I said 'he' :blah:

Ms Piggy
17th September 2004, 13:10
Loving that one! Similar to the fact that I'm the fastest man I know round my bedroom :killingme
Yeah much to the dissapointment of your wife - poor Lena. :buggerd:

Joni
17th September 2004, 13:18

:lol: I like that CSL.... such wit can only lead to a great weekend ahead!!! :niceone:

Yiipppeeeeeee, its Friday!!!

scumdog
17th September 2004, 14:12
:lol: I like that CSL.... such wit can only lead to a great weekend ahead!!! :niceone:

Yiipppeeeeeee, its Friday!!!

Well b.f.d!! I START work at 8 tonight!! Never mind the forecast is shit and in only 4 weeks I get 10 days leave which includes the Waikaia M.A.T.E.S. rally :banana: :2thumbsup

White trash
17th September 2004, 14:15

You two been gossiping again! I've had a gutsfull of this backstabbing. Think I'll go and have a wee cry in me beer......

Blakamin
17th September 2004, 14:16
Well b.f.d!! I START work at 8 tonight!! Never mind the forecast is shit and in only 4 weeks I get 10 days leave which includes the Waikaia M.A.T.E.S. rally :banana: :2thumbsup
you'll probably have a busy night then, with it being friday and all??

scumdog
17th September 2004, 14:22
you'll probably have a busy night then, with it being friday and all??

If it pisses with rain and there's nothing on at the pubs it COULD be quite but hey, in this game you count on nothing :no:

White trash
17th September 2004, 14:31
Come on S/Dog! It's fucken hicksville central, what can happen?

"Help! Someone's vandalised me tractorrrr."

"Mr Dog, come quick! One'a me calves 'is bin cow-napped!"

DEATH_INC.
17th September 2004, 14:40
I rode to work at 50kmh today on both wheels.....

White trash
17th September 2004, 14:41
I rode to work at 50kmh today on both wheels.....

That's taking it too fucken far, man :cool2:

Blakamin
17th September 2004, 14:50

:killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme

scumdog
17th September 2004, 15:38

Woo WT! that troll ain't going to work you f..... dang, got me again. :doh:

You wait till you've had a tractor vandalised AND a cow napped calf, you'll laugh on the other side of your face then :bleh: :banana:

Slipstream
17th September 2004, 18:32

oo, oo, oo. Can I be the fastest woman I know to go round the TT course? :first:
... I'm mean we are talking about the Touring Tractor course aren't we? With all the cows stuck in mud and stuff? :D

I can get my tractor round the course in a sweet 2 1/2hrs :spudbooge :yes: :P

Holy Roller
17th September 2004, 23:11
Woo WT! that troll ain't going to work you f..... dang, got me again. :doh:

You wait till you've had a tractor vandalised AND a cow napped calf, you'll laugh on the other side of your face then :bleh: :banana:
Yeah or you just cruze over a hill to find some fella with a still smoking rifle and one dead cow claiming he just found it that way. Or as my mate, who took over from me on the farm wakes to bring in the cows and finds that the old jiang 250 has left home on an extended holiday and had to use the cage to bring in the cows. :angry2:

Juan
18th September 2004, 02:47
So I'd have to say either welcome to our forum John McGuinness or shame you don't know John.

Ah but I don't know John, so therefore i'm still the fastest man i know :blah:

But I do know his bike!! :niceone:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3681