PDA

View Full Version : BEAUTIFUL day for a ride! (16 June)

1vanvan1
16th June 2007, 12:51
What a brilliant day! Well in Auckland anyway. Haven't had one of these in a while.

I went for a ride out from Howick, Around through Maratei, Clevedon over Twiglight and home thorugh Whitford. Saw many bikers and waved to a few.
Out to woodhill tomorrow to give the dirtbike a blat as well if its like this!

But its still bloody cold out there!

Where'd you ride today?

jade
16th June 2007, 13:56
I had an off day today. first caught a group of bikers in albany that I could tell were going for a blat, k7 thou - black with pillion was leading
speed triple zx12r and something else plus me
I wasnt in my zone and found myself rushing trying to keep up, as we got a bit more rural the pace upped and eventually I pulled over and decided I wasnt in the right state of mind, hungover and no boots plus a runny nose after a decent ride so i turned around and went back to my original destination, upon overtaking a car I got the most violent tankslapper ive had before and It slowed me back down.
couple hours later on a busy northshore road where motorcycle dealers are located I wound out 2nd gear when a car crossed my path, I was on the brakes hard, sliding sideways but I kept my cool and powered out
very fucked.
its 1:55, beautiful day - Ive got nothing to do but im not going back out today
p.s - very smoothe k7, Id be very interested to know what tyres you had, with a pillion no less

johnnyflash
16th June 2007, 14:30
yep its a doosy, we took a ride from Gelnfeild to Massey over the back way, then off to helensville via the Old North Rd, and enjoyed the old north rd so much we took it back, only around 80-90kms all up but what a sweet run, roads good seal, dry and a little of everything, sweepers, a few tight ones (for a cruiser) but just magic day..

carbacca
16th June 2007, 14:34
yep havent had any days like these for a while now, lets hope it holds tomorrow

went out through henderson, swanson, rainui then bethels and back home for lunch

good weather seems to have drawn out a fair number of cages too, just got back from filling up tried to have a run on the motorway but was chocka block full of cages so i gave up and went home