PDA

View Full Version : Weather

Big Dan
16th June 2007, 23:25
Well just coming home from a dinner at a friends and saw its 0 degrees and its f*&king freezing and this isn't the normal winter i've come to get use to in jaffaland i'm in a house with no heater and no fire place and i shaved all my hair off in some mid life crisis thing

Hope all of you are warm and safe

Dan

howdamnhard
16th June 2007, 23:32
Yip coming home from work tonight lost feeling in toes and fingers.Thought you couldn't get frostbite in Auckland.Sitting by the heater now defrosting,time to break out the thermals.Glad I don't live any further South.

Big Dan
16th June 2007, 23:35
i use to live in wellington and this is so much like down there might be a case of sleeping in tomorrow morning

scumdog
16th June 2007, 23:38
There are cars falling off the road every other night down here due to ice - you don't know you're born ya big soft Jessie!!

(Although I admit I parked my jandals for the winter a couple of weeks ago)

But yeah, winter sucks I guess but the way I look at it is that you appreciate summer all the more. (when we get a summer)

Jantar
16th June 2007, 23:52
3 of my 4 rides to work this week were at -7 ( I normally don't ride when its colder than -6) so last night I took the cage, and it turned out to be bloody tropical at 0 degrees. :sunny:

peasea
16th June 2007, 23:53
Well just coming home from a dinner at a friends and saw its 0 degrees and its f*&king freezing and this isn't the normal winter i've come to get use to in jaffaland i'm in a house with no heater and no fire place and i shaved all my hair off in some mid life crisis thing

Dan

Just had a friends round for a barbie, beautiful sky, chilly but clean and clear on the North Shore. Was out today, cold fingers but what a day!!!!!

Chores aside tomorrow for more of the same.

"There's nothing wrong with the weather, you just need to dress accordingly"...(Billy Connelly)

Big Dave
17th June 2007, 00:55
Beaut afternoon in the Hunuas and Bombay Hills.
They wuz traversed with some rapidity too.
Crisp and Blue - 14c ish.

Mully
17th June 2007, 11:26
This is global warming lads. The Greens were right. Repent, or we will all be damned to a life of increasing temp..... oh, hang on. Bollocks.

Beemer
17th June 2007, 12:16
Beautiful day here yesterday - not quite shorts and jandals weather but tee-shirts were the order of the day! It didn't rain until late last night so no frost this morning. Heaps of snow on the ranges but not too bad here today either, albeit a tad cool.

skelstar
17th June 2007, 12:25
Rode up to Manf at 6:30am from Welly. The frosts on the side of the road justified the numbness in my toes and fingers. Heated hand grips that had burnt my hands on other occasions were not doing their job at all yesterday morning. VFC!!!

The Pastor
18th June 2007, 11:38
This is global warming lads. The Greens were right. Repent, or we will all be damned to a life of increasing temp..... oh, hang on. Bollocks.

Duuuuuude, you're onto it man. The carbons are coming the CARBONS are COMING!!!!!!!!.

Joni
18th June 2007, 11:55
It was -4 this morning when I left for work :cold:

Too much for my body to handle... the bloody heat pump at home stopped working because it was too cold... so much use that damn thing is... :cry:

slinky
18th June 2007, 11:57

Dan

yeh saturday morning about 9ish it was 6 degrees [by the temp gauge in my mates car]
get a gas heater! they rock!

Jantar
18th June 2007, 12:02
An 8 degree frost here today. Its just climbed above zero about 30 minutes ago and looking like a beautiful day. I might just for a ride around the block this afternoon.

Babelfish
18th June 2007, 12:07
I did the kapiti-akl-kapiti trek over the weekend via the desert road. I had full marino thermals on, three pairs of socks, singlet, long sleeved t-shirt, jersey, sleevless fleece, leather jacket, lined cordura pants, wet wether jacket, double fleece neck warmer, wool glove inserts AND I STILL FELT THE COLD! All my northern english breeding has escaped this jessies bones I'm afraid, although I guess the target was still achieved and I still enjoyed the ride. :drool:

Dilligaf
18th June 2007, 12:26
found this beautiful winter poem and thought it might be a comfort to you.

It was to me, and it's very well written.

ENJOY!

" WINTER "

a poem by Abigail Elizabeth McIntyre

SHIT!

It's Cold !

peasea
18th June 2007, 22:22
yeh saturday morning about 9ish it was 6 degrees [by the temp gauge in my mates car]
get a gas heater! they rock!

They eat up your oxygen, make you do silly things, like agree with the missus and do the dishes. Nah, get a beanie and a bottle of Jim.

Big Dan
18th June 2007, 22:25
i'm in search of a gas heater to buy so if anyone got one for sale PM me i purchased a beanie for my shaved head today

Joni
19th June 2007, 12:57
There is this homeless man I get food for often here in Chch… I noticed a while back he was not around anymore… was worried.

I hear he pretended to rob the BNZ so they would put him in jail… he just sat in the bank and waited to the cops to arrive… he told the judge he could not face another Chch winter and please put him in jail so he can be warm… the judge put him away until November…

Poor bugger.
I think of him every morning as I cross the square on my way to work… today it was -2.

Hope you are warm mate, where ever you are right now.

:(

onearmedbandit
19th June 2007, 13:01
It's friggen cold but I'm going to go out for a ride this afternoon, the sun is shining, there's no wind so seize the day!

imdying
19th June 2007, 13:04
You know the max today is supposed to be 9 degrees, and that's supposed to bucket down?

onearmedbandit
19th June 2007, 13:13
Don't see no rain out there at the moment. And I can wrap up warm on the bike. You're just upset because your bike is in your garage.

imdying
19th June 2007, 13:25
Be smart, take your wets.

Lissa
19th June 2007, 14:50
Today in the Wairarapa.. on the way to Mt Holdsworth. :sunny: Beaut day for a ride.

doc
19th June 2007, 15:14
It was -4 this morning when I left for work :cold:

Too much for my body to handle... the bloody heat pump at home stopped working because it was too cold... so much use that damn thing is... :cry:

Harden up girl you Moderators are suppose to be tough. I saw a temp colder than once on the news.

Joni
19th June 2007, 17:09
Harden up girl you Moderators are suppose to be tough. I saw a temp colder than once on the news.:lol: If anyone told you I was tough doc you were talking to the wrong person who does not know me very well...

Big Dan
19th June 2007, 19:37
:lol: If anyone told you I was tough doc you were talking to the wrong person who does not know me very well...

Hey Joni

Dont change Joni i like the rest of KB love ya just the way you are.

How have you been you welcome to come over for a hot drink anytime:sunny:

Take care

Dan

Big Dan
19th June 2007, 21:18
yet another cold night in auckland brr brr

Jantar
19th June 2007, 21:24
-7 or lower forecast again tonight and a black frost on the cards as well. I guess it will be a very careful ride to work in the morning. :cold: :ride:

Big Dan
19th June 2007, 21:47
right i've got the following on

track pants
t shirt
polarfleece jacket
bath robe
beanie
socks

and yet i'm still fucking cold

Jantar
19th June 2007, 21:50