PDA

View Full Version : VMCC RD2 Offical times

quallman1234
17th June 2007, 09:51
Times for round two here (not posted on the vic site yet :)).

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=218749

Enjoy

GSVR
17th June 2007, 10:35
These times reflect the coldness of the day and track surface.

Toast
17th June 2007, 12:33
Garry: How much do you reckon the difference between yesterday and a good day would be, on average?

Sketchy_Racer
17th June 2007, 12:42
IMO about 1-2 seconds..

Yeah yeah i know, im not garry. but thats how it felt from my part...

GSVR
17th June 2007, 12:45
Garry: How much do you reckon the difference between yesterday and a good day would be, on average?

I wasn't racing so can't say personally but the times in F3 are a couple of seconds slower than normal. Some peoples setup's may have worked better than others. Would be good to here from of the racers how there times compared with what they would exspect on a warmer day. Of course the colder the day is the more power your engine makes (in theory at least).

Possum41
17th June 2007, 14:35
I was down on power due to a leak in my exhaust and without second gear i was struggling. I managed a fastest time of 1.19 which i think had the day been warmer i might have had a bit more confidence in the front end and tried for a 17 at least. The cool air also affects your ability as a rider too i feel, i found it difficult on friday and saturday to get into a groove because of the temperature.
Overall though i managed 2 4ths and a 2nd in F3 so good points for the series dispite my bike issues.

ArcherWC
17th June 2007, 18:58
I was on average 2-3 seconds slower than the test day friday, it was definatly much colder on saturday

VasalineWarrior
18th June 2007, 10:09
Hadn't ever ridden the bike at Manfield before but was happy with 1.27.8. Without the cold and spits of rain though I might have been able to get a 1.27 flat, grip was I have to say a lot better than bloody Taupo

codgyoleracer
22nd June 2007, 11:47
Was a bit of a weird day track temp wise, the wind sucked the heat out the day before & the track never really warmed up. It seemed to get cooler as the day moved on. The feedback from the front tyre was similar to the tyre being slightly below pressure, - The race tyres never got up to the correct operating temperature & we would have been better to be on road biased tyres which operate effectivly at a lower temperature.
This was proven by the tyres being warmer when we went out on tyre warmers than when we came back in from racing.......(not normal , - but thats racing in the winter)
Times were down about 1 second maybe. Later in the day time differnces was more as riders became more "spooked" by the conditions & a few crashes. :yes: GlenW