PDA

View Full Version : VMCC's GREED PART TWO!

GIXser
17th June 2007, 10:50
After going to manfield for the weekend, " i have to eat me beans"!
i thought /assumed the we wouldnt get enough track time,, i was wrong!!!

i was very impressed with the running of the whole event by vmcc and how organised it was and want to thank the volunteers that made it happen.!!

(even though i think cross entering is a load of bollocks)

Mental Trousers
17th June 2007, 11:06
Good on ya Ed.

GSVR
17th June 2007, 11:10

i was very impressed with the running of the whole event by vmcc and how organised it was and want to thank the volunteers that made it happen.!!

Where alot of competitors there but didn't seem to be as many as at Taupo. The 216 entries must have included the cross entries and not the actual number of competitors I'm thinking.

Seemed to be very few holdups with all the race program getting completed despite all the offs. Alot of the fallers could ride/push back to the pits which helped

Sketchy_Racer
17th June 2007, 11:13
The VMCC did exactly what they do best.

They run a awesome meeting. Thats why its so popular.

Thank you all to all the organisers and helpers. It was awesome

-Sketchy Glen

DEATH_INC.
17th June 2007, 11:14
Yep, it all ran very smoothly....the only complaint we had ( a minor one) was when we were on the dummy grid and they held up a five minute board, so we went back and threw the warmers back on, and then they sent everyone out! after a mad scramble we made it but it was nowhere near five minutes....
Still it was a very well run event :niceone:

White trash
17th June 2007, 11:14

Listen cock, if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em. What's wrong, don't like seeing 20 600s in front of ya at the end :dodge:

DEATH_INC.
17th June 2007, 11:17
Listen cock, if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em. What's wrong, don't like seeing 20 600s in front of ya at the end :dodge:
I'd happily go in the 600's, so they can kick my ass there too if they'd let me....

mikey
17th June 2007, 13:20

I understand the feeling, that you don't get enough time on the track, and i must say i was amused by your solution

by peddling along at half quarter pace trying not to scrub your tires in so they last all year, you probably do feel the illusion of spending more time on the track. what ever works for you.

Drew
17th June 2007, 17:43
Well done for the public change of heart, I didn't race, but if you're gonna say you were happy with it, I'll eat any ill words I spoke of the way it was run too. The entire day was very well controlled, and managed, hats off to VMCC.

I notice you haven't done a track day/race report, doesn't have anything to do with me being ten seconds quicker round the track, my first time on your bike does it?

Clivoris
17th June 2007, 18:02

Ta for that GIXser. The new track team are bedding in real well and doing an outstanding job. There is a huge amount of glamorous work that goes on behind the scenes as well and we are always on the look-out for peeps to help. B.M.W. has stepped up as our new secretary and if there are any Wellingtonians out there that would have an interest in taking on a role to support her it would be greatly appreciated. Committee meeting is this tuesday at Evans Bay Yacht Club, 6.30.
As a club we are working hard at doing a good job and giving everyone a fair shake on race day but there are many variables outside our control. We hope that we have a fair balance at the moment but we know that we can't please everyone. It's pleasing to see many people (myself included) giving racing a go for the first time. I suspect that this site has to take some responsibility for it too. It's great to see people being encouraged to give it a go.

Nicksta
17th June 2007, 18:39
I agree... was run just as good as I hoped.... tight ship as usual... and was great to allow the races to continue when the off's were off the track and could be wheeled to safety and collected promptly. The crash crew did an awesome job! Time keepers, well done also as the times and placings were soo efficient i hadnt got my warmers on before a fellow competitor was at my pit shed showing me the placings!
Only thing I had an issue with was gridding up, my last race i hadn't pulled to my position (along with a few others yet) and the green flag was dropped, so i was still rolling in first and had to gun it.....

but top day, thanks VMCC, see you next month :)

GIXser
17th June 2007, 18:50
I understand the feeling, that you don't get enough time on the track, and i must say i was amused by your solution

by peddling along at half quarter pace trying not to scrub your tires in so they last all year, you probably do feel the illusion of spending more time on the track. what ever works for you.

hmmm, hows ya missus "sally"? ohh..... thats right she left ya didnt she...(something about a tinie winkie"...) dont worry mate we wont tell anyone....

GIXser
17th June 2007, 19:01

mate .. im seriously thinkin about the 600 idea you came up wiv....and oh yeah the army are still on full alert after your ''colon cleansing'' in waiouru..:yes:

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
17th June 2007, 19:49
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1098900#post1098900

ArcherWC
17th June 2007, 20:10
Was my first road event (have done plenty of MX) and was VERY impressed with how smoothly every thing went. Still wish I had more track time though

Nasty
17th June 2007, 20:12

:clap: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :clap:

Go BMW ... hehehe

boomer
17th June 2007, 20:22
hmmm, hows ya missus "sally"? ohh..... thats right she left ya didnt she...(something about a tinie winkie"...) dont worry mate we wont tell anyone....

thats a tad harsh mate:yes:

i'm kickin myself now.. if i'd have been there i'd have been 3grand up

mikey
17th June 2007, 21:26

my little weiner wasnt the problem, more the "i finish to qucik problem" but hey ill might bump into someone that like ten seconds of hard core non stop bedford rockin one day,

you on the other hand are just one slow gay looking cunt,
and you'll always be slow. infact you are probably getting slower every time you ride

1.30s on a wanked out superbike, i dont know why you bother turning up.

GIXser
18th June 2007, 09:37

come on pussycat give me a kiss.

lets see who started the name calling ..."fucktard" rings a bell dont it ???

lay of the personal insults and recieve the same respect aye.....!!

GIXser
18th June 2007, 09:50
my little weiner wasnt the problem, more the "i finish to qucik problem" but hey ill might bump into someone that like ten seconds of hard core non stop bedford rockin one day,

and you'll always be slow. infact you are probably getting slower every time you ride

hmm .....i didnt think my 117.3 ... was to bad myself, but hey im sure you would have doner much better:yes:
and the reason why i turned up was to give you a kiss, but you shunned me....next time though aye...!!!

skelstar
18th June 2007, 09:51
thats a tad harsh mate:yes:
Agreed.....

Reckless
18th June 2007, 10:16

Well done for the public change of heart, I didn't race, but if you're gonna say you were happy with it, I'll eat any ill words I spoke of the way it was run too. The entire day was very well controlled, and managed, hats off to VMCC.

I notice you haven't done a track day/race report, doesn't have anything to do with me being ten seconds quicker round the track, my first time on your bike does it?

come on pussycat give me a kiss.

lets see who started the name calling ..."fucktard" rings a bell dont it ???

lay of the personal insults and recieve the same respect aye.....!!

Jeepers guys and gals?? Never been involved in racing but if that is the way you people carry on, your doing your sport a great dis-service. Makes me wonder if I should be bothered spending my money on the gas to get there and the entry as a spectator.

GIXser
18th June 2007, 10:27
mate a lot of it is just banter" with a little serious shit thrown in...

Duke girl
18th June 2007, 10:38
Well done GISxer for having the balls to admit u were wrong with your original thread. I am 1 of the volunteers 4 the Vic Club and most of us there this yr are 1st timers and r doing the best job we know how. One thing I have learnt in life is that u cant and wont please everyone but if u can please a huge majority then I think that saids it all. I myself thought that the meeting went and ran extremely well and I am looking forward to the next one next month, just like I hope u r.

Reckless
18th June 2007, 11:05
mate a lot of it is just banter" with a little serious shit thrown in...

Mate no wonder if this crap goes on, my first impression when wandering through the pits at Paeroa was "where are all the young guys", there weren't many. This is not the first thread I've read here like this either. After being involved in quite a few years top level karting, nobody would bag some one for slower lap times. Strikes me as bad sportsmanship at any level, in any motorsport. I stick by my previous observation: You guys are publicly doing your sport a grave dis-service!!

GIXser
18th June 2007, 12:11
Mate no wonder if this crap goes on, my first impression when wandering through the pits at Paeroa was "where are all the young guys", there weren't many. This is not the first thread I've read here like this either. After being involved in quite a few years top level karting, nobody would bag some one for slower lap times. Strikes me as bad sportsmanship at any level, in any motorsport. I stick by my previous observation: You guys are publicly doing your sport a grave dis-service!!

mate you will find the guys dissing" the times dont race themselves!! and have nothing better to do >>>>>>>>>others are friends takin the piss!!

Clivoris
18th June 2007, 12:47
Makes me wonder if I should be bothered spending my money on the gas to get there and the entry as a spectator.

Free entry for spectators Reckless. Our series isn't about making money out of people. The size of the fields and the quality of the racing is well worth the effort. The weather can be challenging though.
This is my first crack at racing and I was as slow as a cautious middle-aged man can be. However, I have received nothing but support and encouragement. A few of the posts around here can be abrasive but most of it seems to be geeezers that know each other practicing the Kiwi art of showing how much you like someone by pulling their hair.

Nasty
18th June 2007, 12:50
:laugh:
A few of the posts around here can be abrasive but most of it seems to be geeezers that know each other practicing the Kiwi art of showing how much you like someone by pulling their hair.

I'd pull you hair darling .. bit you don't seem to have a lot of it :laugh:

bistard
18th June 2007, 12:50
Clive,Whats this about "Pulling Hair" Wouldnt that normally imply that you have hair?
It would also appear that you have passed on your missfire to ME
Thanks for that,would you like it back???

Clivoris
18th June 2007, 13:03
:laugh:

I'd pull you hair darling .. bit you don't seem to have a lot of it :laugh:
I can always arrange for special access to the hair that's left unshaved sweety.:sick:

Clive,Whats this about "Pulling Hair" Wouldnt that normally imply that you have hair?
It would also appear that you have passed on your missfire to ME
Thanks for that,would you like it back???

Mmmm. Sounds like your bike is pretty crook mate. It would'nt be fair of me to just take the missfire... Tell you what, I'll swap you the CBR (missfire free) for that barely developed green thing of yours if you throw in a dozen beers.

bistard
18th June 2007, 13:09
I can always arrange for special access to the hair that's left unshaved sweety.:sick:

Mmmm. Sounds like your bike is pretty crook mate. It would'nt be fair of me to just take the missfire... Tell you what, I'll swap you the CBR (missfire free) for that barely developed green thing of yours if you throw in a dozen beers.

Now thats a good Tui ad
You could always,just bring the beers around & we could talk shit