PDA

View Full Version : Windy Whanga Ride

Sensei
17th June 2007, 18:07
A good group braved afairly windy day here to head into Whanga Pub for a ride today & apart from the gusts the road was in good condition apart from afew goats / sheep on the side . Seen as it was my wifeys Birthday she came on the back of the RSVR & was a good chance to try the new M3 rear out with a pillion on . Set the shock to my 2 up setting & off we went to meet up with the others at Ingelwood . Me & partner headed off first & kept up a good speed with the M3 rear giving excellent feed back & corner grip while the M1 front was working as mint as ever going into Whanga with Dazza on his Superduke catching us up heading up Whanga saddle . Stopped at the top where partner gave him shit that when ever he passes me my bike seems to go faster & corners lower :Punk: . Dazza said our other mate was close behind but hadn't turned up yet & hoped he had not fallen off " He had " a front end washout on his trick F1-750 Ducati . I headed on to Pub & learnt this when Footy & Brian turned up with Footy on the back off the KTM 640 , Footy was Ok gear was pretty scuffed & stuffed but body intacked . A Whanga burger & chips for lunch was premo as was afew JBeams . Talked to mate that raced with Whitetrash [ jimmy] yesterday & said he was flying & there where alot of people falling off as well . Seen as we had the boys been looked after we left to head home early & had an even better ride coming out with the excellent 2 up handling & confidence of the RSVR . Afew pics of the group with V-Twins been the predominant choice of bike today .

soundbeltfarm
17th June 2007, 19:44
was it dry out there all day?
it was pretty wet out our way this arvo.
sounds like a good ride had.
when are the new owners of the whangs pub moving in or have they already moved in.

Dazza
18th June 2007, 09:28
Poor old Footie, not @ work a wee bitsore today, helped him unload his bike last night, looking a bit worse for wear but not too bad all things considered, wasn't exactly a slow speed low side. Just goes to prove once again about wearing the correct gear :yes: Road was in bloody good condition, couldn't get over how dry it was.Been riding this winter (when not riding into sun) without sunglasses & certainly makes riding in those shady areas more certain, takes the guess work out of the equation when reading the road surface :yes:

Dazza
26th June 2007, 10:59
I was accussed of hooning out to Whanga on Sunday, just because it was a black Vee Twin, after a little digging I think I know who the culprit was :shutup: