Keystone19
19th June 2007, 08:27
Girly Coffee Ride (GCR) 3

Date: Saturday 23rd June
Meet: Botany Downs BP
Time: 1pm
Destination: to be confirmed
Pace: slow

Due to popular demand, this is the contingency ride for those who missed the ride on the 10th and anyone else who wants to join in.

Chickadee will be in charge of this ride!

Kiwifire72
19th June 2007, 10:49
Sounds good will have to convince the boss to go and I will tag along to keep her safe from all you gals lol

Qkchk
20th June 2007, 17:09
Would love to come along but Im working this Sat..... Sunday would of been ok.

<G>
22nd June 2007, 13:48
Sorry I'm missing this one - have fun and take care in the wet!

Keystone19
22nd June 2007, 19:27
With the weather looking dodgy I'll leave the call to Chickadee in the morning!

Have a great ride if it goes ahead girls!

Lteejay
23rd June 2007, 08:23
Hey girls - is this going ahead today?

Chickadee
23rd June 2007, 08:25
Sure is, see you there at 1pm!

Lteejay
23rd June 2007, 08:35
:yes: See you there. Botany BP - there isn't more than one is there?

Chickadee
23rd June 2007, 08:52
It's tucked behind the block of shops with Kmart, you'll pass McD's on Ti Rakau, Kmart and turn left at the T junction where Chapel Road intersects Ti Rakau and you'll see it as you come around the corner.

See you there!
Christine

McJim
23rd June 2007, 09:03
Chickade (My wife) has asked me to help out with the organisation of the ride today. I notice there's at least one rider coming from the shore. If you're unsure of how to get to Botany BP I will be at Barry's Point Road from 12:00 - 12:20 to make sure you get to the start of the ride with ease.

I can't remember where the space is (there's an unused space between bike shops from memory) But I'll sit on a red Ducati looking kind of prominent so you don't miss me.

McJim
23rd June 2007, 16:34
:yes: See you there. Botany BP - there isn't more than one is there?

Ah - didn't see you today - we were at the BP Botany corner of Chapel road and Ti Rakau (K-Mart) I'm guessing you were at the BP Botany Junction?

Sorry.

Good to see some brave efforts from the lasses in the nasty windy weather today - well done! And thanks to Paddy for being tail end charlie.

Lteejay
23rd June 2007, 16:37
Missed you guys - was running late and didn't get there until 1:30 :bye:
Headed to Whitford and on to Clevedon as thought you guys might be heading that way, but didn't see anyone. Enjoyed my ride, but was looking forward to catching up with the girls.
Next time :yes:

Hope you all had a fun ride

McJim
23rd June 2007, 16:46
Missed you guys - was running late and didn't get there until 1:30 :bye:
Headed to Whitford and on to Clevedon as thought you guys might be heading that way, but didn't see anyone. Enjoyed my ride, but was looking forward to catching up with the girls.
Next time :yes:

Hope you all had a fun ride

You must JUST have missed us then - by mere seconds - we left about 1:28.

Lteejay
23rd June 2007, 17:24
Thought you would all chat for a while after getting there, so I figured I would have a high chance of still catching you guys before you left.

It was a windy windy ride but had fun. Next time I wont be late :shutup:

Keystone19
23rd June 2007, 17:42
Congrats to everyone who went on the ride! Hopefully I'll be back on the bike soon and can make the next one! Feel free to organise one without me though!!! Can't stop a good thing now that we've got it going!!

And huge thanks to Chickadee and McJim for stepping up and running this one!

puddy
23rd June 2007, 19:17
Great effort by all!And that was a nice cafe too.Cheers Mcjim.:yes:

Chickadee
23rd June 2007, 19:58
Nice to meet you all
Miss L, Flat Battery & Puddy for coming and keeping the morons off our butts. Some very insonsiderate cagers out there when L plates were clearly displayed.

Nice wee coffee stop at Calendula Cafe out near Glenbrook (left turn on the way to Waiuku).

The weather wasn't great and the wind certainly gave us a few waggles on our journey, but it's all experience which we are richer for. Glad you made it home safe.

Hope we get good weather for the next ride - and at least the Whitford Road has been tar sealed instead of loose stuff like it's been for weeks. I can see a trip to Kaiaua being in order!

Thanks to Keystone19 for helping organise this one, rest up Jill, look forward to seeing you back on 2 wheels soon.

Chickadee/Christine