PDA

View Full Version : Competition: TXT, wots nxt?

Hitcher
19th June 2007, 14:18
Firstly, apologies for the title. It's probably one of the hardest things I've had to type. I am currently being counselled by the BDOTGNZA's Remedial Grammar Unit.

Recently I was having a coffee with an acquaintance of mine who is a professional recruiter. The conversation turned to the growing tide of illiteracy that appears likely to drown us all, and she remarked "Oh, it's much worse than that!"

"What do you mean?"

"We are getting increasing numbers of people applying for secretarial and other office administration roles who are texting us their job applications."

"No..."

"Yes!"

"Including their CVs?"

"Yes!"

"No..."

You should get the general gist of things from that conversation.

Which got me to thinking: How easy would it be for one to write one's CV/work experience in 160 characters?

There's only one way to find out, and there are sufficient cunning linguists on Kiwi Biker who should be well up to this challenge.

Knock yourselves out! Fabulous prizes will be awarded to the best contributions.

The only rules are that is has to be a resume/CV and that it cannot exceed 160 characters.

The Pastor
19th June 2007, 14:23
My job title is 160 charaters long :(

TerminalAddict
19th June 2007, 14:39
I r a l33t hax0r, bow b4 me coz I r r00t

TerminalAddict
19th June 2007, 14:49
I read your email

Hitcher
19th June 2007, 14:57
To get the ball rolling, here's an ineligible example of what I had in mind...

Outstndgly gd spn doctor. Lrnd ntrstng stuff @ uni & othr plcs. Famous for the cr8ve & unusual. Pshnt abt gd comms. Wks well in tms. Xspnsv but wrth it.

Swoop
19th June 2007, 15:02
Largely understandable for the youth, who has a couple of after school jobs as the sum total work experience.

A different approach though.

Lias
19th June 2007, 15:06

<3 those tshirts.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/frustrations/31fb/

MSTRS
19th June 2007, 15:27
Pshnt abt gd comms.

*splutter* :shit: :killingme

SARGE
19th June 2007, 15:47
but when you get a qualified, experienced applicant, you pass him/ her over for some douchebag who speaks TXT language .

not that im bitter of course ... :whocares:

Sniper
19th June 2007, 15:54
GAH!! Surely this is a joke??? :eek5: