PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN: Ducati748 & RGV250 (Hawke's Bay, 19 June)

That Guy
19th June 2007, 19:42
Hi all, haven't posted on here for ages (no excuse), but anyway some bad news for me:

Stolen while in short term storage in a locked shed in Hawkes Bay:

2000 Ducati 748S, Red, 5 spoke marchesini wheels, gold nitride Showa forks, Arrows exhaust, Reg, 34UFT, Approx 25,000kms.

1992 Suzuki RGV250 F3 race bike. Blue, arrows exhaust system, number 43.

Homemade blue/white trailer, storage bin on front and aluminium checker plating deck. Reg 2332T

Any info appreciated please email me; but at best protect yourselves and don't go buying any cheap 748 parts or racing RGV bits, or a very handy motorcycle trailer with late 1980s motocross stickers on it (inlcuding a nice Britten one!)

To those theiving *&%*&%@%% I know some people who know some people so you better hope I don't find out who you are, 'cause those people owe me some favours. I'd be happy to use it on you.

Attached a couple of pics.

Happy riding out there folks and lock your own up!! (I did but....sigh)

kneescraper
19th June 2007, 19:54
That sucks mate, best of luck with finding the bikes..its a bit sad to think but they are prob lying in some shed in parts....what a waste.

Sorry mate...insurance?

gijoe1313
19th June 2007, 19:54
Now that fark'n sucks ... :angry2: Sorry to hear about some low-lifes nicking your pride and joys :no:

Was there any footage shot by the lock-up facility?

bladez
19th June 2007, 19:57
wot the fark is this world coming to if a guy or girl rips of other motorbike ppl :nono: i think catch them and use them to retread ya tires :yes:

jimbo600
19th June 2007, 20:37
Jesus arse mate!!! What a pack of cunts.

surfchick
19th June 2007, 20:40
oh no...
oh no...
such nirrrce bikes :(
hope you can trace the buggers who boosted them ...:2guns:

Cajun
19th June 2007, 21:15
Damn that Sucks mate.

Hope you find ya toys.

nudemetalz
19th June 2007, 21:18
Really sucks for sure. Good luck finding them and will keep an eye out.

Mom
19th June 2007, 21:19
That is the pits! Man I really hate this sort of shit, good idea to post it up here, a bit of advice, bump this one up everyday, different people come on here at different times of the day is all........good luck in recovering something out of this!

xgnr
19th June 2007, 21:21
A thousand curses on the scum-dog bastards... life is too short for that sort of crap. Someone knows who they are. So please pass the info on to the appropriate peeps.

Nice bikes, hope you get them back :yes:

u4ea
19th June 2007, 21:27
theres far too much of this goin on.......:nono: GUTTED
Hope ya get ya babies back sooon.........and I hear knee capping works a treat.......:innocent:

That Guy
20th June 2007, 08:32
Thanks for the comments....Jimbo600 your comments sum it up well!

Well the cops found the trailer dumped just north of hastings - thanks to them - nice to see my speeding ticket taxes do some work. To be fair dealing with the cops has been excellent - they have been responsive and friendly to deal with.

Of course no bikes on the back of the dumped trailer.....

PS yes had some insurance but not enough.....especially when it comes to replacing the Duke which I had had since new and had a lot of sentimental value for personal reasons.

u4ea
20th June 2007, 08:36
Well the cops found the trailer dumped just north of hastings - thanks to them - nice to see my speeding ticket taxes do some work. To be fair dealing with the cops has been excellent - they have been responsive and friendly to deal with.

thats some good news!!!they may be on a trail all going well

Stickchick
20th June 2007, 08:41
That does seriously suck dude. I'm sure the HB crowd will keep an eye out when on our rides or are about town.

Stupid question....why were they being stored up here?

RC1
20th June 2007, 08:46
that sux dude ,glad to hear they found the trailer hopefully it leads to more recovery for you ,

MSTRS
20th June 2007, 08:50
That is shit, mate. Stolen to order, I'd say. Distinctive trailer dumped is a clue.
Still, sometimes there is a happy ending...fingers crossed this will have one too.

Nasase
20th June 2007, 11:29
Sad to hear mate. My bike was stolen and recovered by the police last week by pure chance. Not alterd, still had the plate on it.

Mine was gone for 2 months and id pretty much come to teh conclusion that i fuc*ed up and no one can be trusted. If its not in my actual house from now on im not satisfied its secure.

Hope you recover it mate... i can only dream of having a bike like that :)

Kflasher
20th June 2007, 12:08
Will keep eyes peeled for ya.

speights_bud
20th June 2007, 17:25
That sucks dude, i ride the napier/hastings road daily so will keep a speciall eye out.

kro
20th June 2007, 19:32
Was there any footage shot by the lock-up facility?

Whats the insurance liability here as well?

shafty
20th June 2007, 19:56
Super bad luck Mate - good Karma coming your way! I'd be keen to PAY the cops to fingerprint the trailer, cos it would be worth the possible cross match and being able to collar the low life preeks one day in the future.

tri boy
20th June 2007, 19:57
Agh, bugger.:angry:
I hate thieving f**kers. Eyes are looking in the Cow town for ya mate.

_intense_
20th June 2007, 21:26
Bad, sad luck man, hope someone finds the scum. Nothing fks me of more than ^$%!^#% that mess with other peoples shit :2guns:

That Guy
25th October 2009, 07:27
I know we give the coppers a hard time when we get nicked for doing 114 or whatever - but I have to absolutley take my hat off this time:

2.30 am last night the phone rang - "sir we have found your Ducati" I was half asleep...initially I thought it was a prank call....but no, the boys in blue found the Duke through a bit of luck, and, possibly, a lead into a crime ring stealing bikes to order. WHOOPEE! Go the Police! Over 2 years later and they found it parked outside a Mt Wellington motel.

It had bogus plates but apparently is in good condition. After 2 years I wonder what the insurers will want for it.

Anyway, 2 x constables from Glenn Innes Police Station: THANK YOU. And if this leads to nailing down a crime ring of low-lifes stealing our bikes, I'll be doing a ring around this site to get those two gents a holiday to the gold coast. As it stands I'll be visiting them with some goodies to say thanks.

PS I got a name out of them too....who's for some back street justice?

cs363
25th October 2009, 07:34
Wow! That is seriously good news, good to see the cops close a case and better still maybe shut down some professional bike thieves.
Will you get an option to get the bike back or will it just be sold by the insurers?
Makes you wonder reading that, how many of the flash bikes you see some people on are actually theirs.....

That Guy
25th October 2009, 07:52
Will you get an option to get the bike back or will it just be sold by the insurers?

Yeah not sure of the process there. It belongs to my insurance company so I'll get in touch and see what the story is. 748s are great if they are maintained properly but if its been thrashed for the last two years and not had a belt change or anything it could be a hand grenade ready to go off by now...

scracha
25th October 2009, 08:05
Yeah not sure of the process there. It belongs to my insurance company so I'll get in touch and see what the story is.

You must be stoked. Make them a derisory offer of about 4 grand. I mean, it's "stolen recovered" with no history.

StoneY
25th October 2009, 08:15
Back street justice my ass lets beat them to death with wet bus tickets in Aoetea Square at midday!!!!

Bike thieves...scum of the fuckin earth

Great to hear our cops doing some good
I for one would contribute to ya holiday fund mate, they do cop too much flak for the awful job they have to do

cs363
25th October 2009, 08:26
Yeah not sure of the process there. It belongs to my insurance company so I'll get in touch and see what the story is. 748s are great if they are maintained properly but if its been thrashed for the last two years and not had a belt change or anything it could be a hand grenade ready to go off by now...

:lol: yeah...the hand grenade thing was what was going through my mind!
I suppose they could be caring bike thieves......

Be good to name and shame the thieving scum, but I guess that's probably not allowed in this overly politically correct world we live in where the crims have more rights than their victims! :shifty:

That Guy
25th October 2009, 08:41
I thought about naming the guy but then though what if he's innocent and bought from someone else...from what the police said it doesn't sound as though he is innocent but I also wouldn't want to stuff up their investigation but blurting something out dumb on here - especially if their investigations lead to bringing down a crime ring of bike stealing *#&#&&&@&@ers.

I'll post up here though if they do get more than just my bike.

Was thinking about the "no history" thing...a bike like a 748 if it has been neglected could cost as much as the thing is worth to get it sorted....guess we'll see.

Conquiztador
25th October 2009, 18:00
Nice! Go the boys in blue!

Glen Innes/Mt Wellington... Is it the patched ones I suspect??

skidMark
25th October 2009, 18:04
good work from the rozzers

skidMark
25th October 2009, 19:27
if ya need it bought down to ya i can throw it on a trailer and bring it down i dont mind so long as ya cover the gas

That Guy
25th October 2009, 19:41
if ya need it bought down to ya i can throw it on a trailer and bring it down i dont mind so long as ya cover the gas

Thanks mate a very generous offer. Far more valuable than the cost of petrol is your time, so I appreciate that. Don't know if I'll buy it back, depends on a lot of things, the biggest of which I have a big mortgage and no real spare cash!:doh:

skidMark
26th October 2009, 11:03
Thanks mate a very generous offer. Far more valuable than the cost of petrol is your time, so I appreciate that. Don't know if I'll buy it back, depends on a lot of things, the biggest of which I have a big mortgage and no real spare cash!:doh:

No worries mate, no need to cover my time just the fuel and ill enjoy the roadtrip...

Mully
26th October 2009, 14:02
the biggest of which I have a big mortgage and no real spare cash!:doh:

I know the feeling.....

Amazing they got it back at all.

Offer the insurance company fuck all. Chuck it in the garage at home and use it as a project - i.e. strip it completely (it'll be de-reg now anyway) and do a bit at a time when you have the handy cash.

Good project for winter nights (or rainy weekends)

BASS-TREBLE
26th October 2009, 16:18
Projects rock dude!
And awesome news, I have to say it is surprising they didn't call it off after 2 years.

How many kms did they do on it?

skidMark
11th December 2009, 13:16
Projects rock dude!
And awesome news, I have to say it is surprising they didn't call it off after 2 years.

How many kms did they do on it?

any more than one is too many....