PDA

View Full Version : Back pack protector?

shcabbeh
20th June 2007, 02:05
Has anyone tried anything like these?

http://www.buymoto.com/Axio_Backpacks_s/116.htm

They don't mention anything about protection and would probably help screw your back if you came off. Especially with a laptop in there as one blurb suggests...

Can you wear a back protector and still fit those on or get ones with a protector installed too or are backpacks just a bad idea in general?

bobsmith
20th June 2007, 10:03
if the bag extends down near your hip so that it doesn't force your spine to hinge at the bottom of your bag it should be fine... Oh well that is until the lithium polymer battery on the laptop blows up or starts burning and burns through anything it comes in contact with...

shcabbeh
20th June 2007, 11:08
if the bag extends down near your hip so that it doesn't force your spine to hinge at the bottom of your bag it should be fine... Oh well that is until the lithium polymer battery on the laptop blows up or starts burning and burns through anything it comes in contact with...

What if you had a full back protector underneath it? Ignoring the laptop thing because I a) don't have one and b) wouldn't trust that much weight on my back...

Some of those don't look like they'd extend to the hip.

I remember doing a New Plymouth to Auckland ride with a backpack (stupidly I admit) and it was loaded with crap and very uncomfortable after awhile. I wonder if these are any better or safer.