PDA

View Full Version : REAL people

scumdog
20th June 2007, 13:21
I have made the observation from contacting members of KB on-line and 'in the flesh' that it seems that older members are more true to their on-line persona than younger ones.

Younger members seem to like to portray an alter-ego on-line, they seem to think nothing of telling a far-fetched story, make outrageous claims etc. - nothing is too wild "cos it's only the internet guy"

Older members (I suspect) come form the old school of letter writing with a pen and paper where you tended to stick with fact in the knowledge you would very likely (in general) be meeting the recipient of the letter you had written.

Youner guys seem to revel in their anonimity it seems.

Any comments one way or the other - truthfully??

Drum
20th June 2007, 13:26
An interesting hypothesis, and one that I suspect is correct.

Sniper
20th June 2007, 13:33
Its proberbly very true scummy.

Stems from the Im 100 foot tall and bulletproof syndrome too. As well as "older" (not me :p) people tend to have learnt the lesson that you don't need to spend most your time trying to impress people.

Something I learnt a bit too far down the track and kick myself for oftenj enough

MisterD
20th June 2007, 13:34
I would suspect that accumulating years leads to a higher level of comfort in one's own skin and a lessening in the amount one feels one has to prove....grumpy old gits and proud of it, eh?

Paul in NZ
20th June 2007, 13:34
I guess more 'experienced' people know that sooner or later your alter-ego is likely to bounce back and alter your face so they are not so outrageous in their on-line personality......

Beemer
20th June 2007, 13:42
I agree - I've had some terrible abuse on here from younger people and I certainly doubt they would say those things to me in the flesh. I don't pretend to be a genteel lady but I know I would be horrified if some snotty nosed little teenager came up to me in real life and told me to go fuck myself! But several of them think nothing of doing that online.

There are exceptions, of course. I can't remember his online name but I remember some posts made by a 16 year-old (who is probably older now) that really surprised me because of their insight. Someone confirmed they knew the guy and he really was 16, and I was impressed.

There are also some people on here who are my age or older who are total tossers in cyber space. Who knows, they may be nice in real life (their friends assure me they are!) but here they can be obnoxious.

Some of us are good at getting our point across and some of us aren't. Some use the PM function to continue the discussions and in most cases this is great because it cuts through the bullshit. However, there are a few on here who think a PM is just a more private way to be a bully.

I tend not to exaggerate on here because there are many people here who know me and who would pull me up on it immediately!

Rashika
20th June 2007, 13:43
I guess more 'experienced' people know that sooner or later your alter-ego is likely to bounce back and alter your face so they are not so outrageous in their on-line personality......

yep I think that is the crux of it for most of us... Mind you some of us are just as daft in the flesh as well :innocent:

sels1
20th June 2007, 13:45
A fairly true observation I think SD.
And to add to Pauls comment - NZ is not a big place, and it is not uncommon for people who meet online on to end up meeting face to face (particulaly in motorbike circles). The wiser ones tend to bear this in mind before posting trash.

Crasherfromwayback
20th June 2007, 13:54
I agree with SD too....but young guys are often guilty of trying to be someone else in real life too. Hence it's generally them that are found outside a pub bashing each other!

tri boy
20th June 2007, 13:56

True true.
Talking when I should of been listening, and Two black eyes, with just one punch. Are two expressions that people can't fully comprehend until they have truly lived.
A mate of mine applied for the Police force years ago. He was bright, sensible, and approachable, but the recruitment officer suggested that he should "go drive a truck for a while".
You can't beat life experience.
Being a bit humble doesn't make you weak in the eyes of the knowing. It shows strength, and maturity.
Mind you, telling someone to "get f**ked" :shit: can be delightful.....in moderation.

Panther
20th June 2007, 13:59
Finally, a yung'un bashing thread.

Holy Roller
20th June 2007, 14:04
It not surprising, seeing what the young uns write on the bebo and myspace pages and txt to each other. Big theats that if IRL would see one hauled up before the courts. No thought for the feelings of the other or any concequences for their own actions. There seems to be a belief that one can say whatever they want and it does not matter as it is their right.
Older folks have lived through a bit more stuff and usually treat others as they themselves would like to be treated. (there is always exceptions) Itis always a buzz to meet people IRL after all we are here cause we are pandering to our addiction or obsession which ever it may be.

kiwifruit
20th June 2007, 14:05
I'm nice online, i'm nice in person... but i'm not really young = (

SARGE
20th June 2007, 14:12
im actually meek and quiet in real life...rather bookish and puny

yod
20th June 2007, 14:16
Finally, a yung'un bashing thread.

:woohoo:

umm...how old to ya have to be to join in?? 35+?? :lol:

inlinefour
20th June 2007, 14:17
I have made the observation from contacting members of KB on-line and 'in the flesh' that it seems that older members are more true to their on-line persona than younger ones.

Younger members seem to like to portray an alter-ego on-line, they seem to think nothing of telling a far-fetched story, make outrageous claims etc. - nothing is too wild "cos it's only the internet guy"

Older members (I suspect) come form the old school of letter writing with a pen and paper where you tended to stick with fact in the knowledge you would very likely (in general) be meeting the recipient of the letter you had written.

I'm pretty much an annoying prick in real life when I want to be, or are bus taking the piss out of someone, or myself. I can behave quite wel when the need arises, but too much of that makes Johnny Rotten a pretty boring lad...:yes:

TerminalAddict
20th June 2007, 14:17
I've got digital tourettes ... I only swear online :nya:

Lissa
20th June 2007, 14:22
Some people on KB I think I would be quite intimated to meet... scary. Thankfully most of the ones I have meet are just nice people.. young or old. Most people from KB are just very interesting people from different walks of life with their own problems and stories to tell... is why KB is awesome. :yes:

tri boy

No age limit. Post something dumb and shortsighted, and watch the cyber bashing unfold.:bash: :corn:

avgas
I think its a little different.
Older people who lie and bullshit online a far better at it......and can do it to your face

MSTRS
20th June 2007, 14:41
I think its a little different.
Older people who lie and bullshit online a far better at it......and can do it to your face
Us older types have had more practice at telling lies, so now they sound believable

Mine's bigger than yours.

See what I mean?

Brian d marge
20th June 2007, 15:01
Whats wrong with telling the ladies it really is 12 inches ???

Stephen

40 plus and still dreaming ....

Paul in NZ
20th June 2007, 15:16
im actually meek and quiet in real life...rather bookish and puny

Tui moment?

Paul in NZ
20th June 2007, 15:16
Whats wrong with telling the ladies it really is 12 inches ???

Stop putting your foot in it...

Maha
20th June 2007, 15:25
Im real..go ahead..touch me....:yes:
There are some very mature younger ones on here, and very child like youngers ones on here...same goes for some older memebers, they are easy to pick....the only thing i cant figure out is the cut off age....

cowboyz
20th June 2007, 15:29

34+

Oh and to make you feel really old that original comment came from a 20 something.

yod
20th June 2007, 15:33
34+

nah mate 35+ - you're officially lumped in with the young 'uns....

LilSel
20th June 2007, 15:43
I think that could be quite on the ball!!...

I am young... but in person when I meet KB'rs am quite shy... not on here tho... thats the only comparison I can make personally.

Out of the people I have had the pleasure of meeting they are as they are online... Maha + Mom=Lovely online + lovely in person... The Busa's... very friendly online + in person... Skidmark... well... goes without saying lol... :)

Maha
20th June 2007, 15:50
Maha + Mom=Lovely online + lovely in person... The Busa's... very friendly online + in person...

And my bike is a Blue Lovely...:blip:
Yeah the Busas are ok i guess.....:dodge:

NighthawkNZ
20th June 2007, 15:50
In real life I don't have a borg implant... (though I be working on this) :innocent:

However I tend to agree with you on this Tom...

Krusti
20th June 2007, 15:52
I would tend to agree with you scum. What us older foggies tend to realise though is that words written quite often have a totally different meaning from those spoken.

Accounts for why so many people get misunderstood texting.

Or maybe I'm just an old fart..:Punk:

Brian d marge
20th June 2007, 15:53
Stop putting your foot in it...

when I do that I use metric

Stephen

White trash
20th June 2007, 16:24
Not me Scummy. I'm a bigger prick in real life than I am on here.

avgas
20th June 2007, 16:31
Us older types have had more practice at telling lies, so now they sound believable
Even you believed that one ;)

Harry33
20th June 2007, 16:32
I've meet some really cool young people and some really cool old people. All walks of life are going to come on here. It's a forum trolls and all.
I just try and keep a open mind and sometimes I learn things.

Maturity generally comes later in life when your smart enough to look back and figure out you where once a Asshole too. lol Well I was a asshole when I was younger.:Punk:

TerminalAddict
20th June 2007, 16:33
Not me Scummy. I'm a bigger prick in real life than I am on here.

My prick is bigger in real life <_<

did I post that outloud?

edit: WARNING - Objects on the internet may seem larger than they are

janno
20th June 2007, 16:42
Good thing about the weeb - you get to see a person's sense of humour come through which may not be noticeable if you met them at your local watering hole if they are a tad shy or whatever. So when you do meet them the ice is already broken!:yes:

Bad thing about the weeb - can tempt some people into saying outrageous or truely hurtful stuff because they don't have to look the other person in the eye. Cowards!:angry: :angry:

Best thing about the weeb - instant answers to just about any question. If someone doesn't know, they know someone who does.

Has it made bikers even more social than the old days, do you think? I haven't been in the scene long enough to know, but I'd be interested in some of the old hand's opinions.

(Old in a purely subjective sense of course. . .):shutup:

By the way, at 36, anyone older than me is officially ancient. And I intend to milk it for all it's worth.

Big Dave
20th June 2007, 16:53
Meh - I'm a legend in real life too.

limbimtimwim
20th June 2007, 16:58
http://www.danah.org/papers/

But a short article that may provide some insight (Same author):

http://www.zephoria.org/thoughts/archives/2007/01/01/ephemeral_profi.html

The article is about how young people are more willing to discard personalities and start over. Their online self being someone that they care not to maintain, and if it becomes too tarnished, forget the password or are just 'over it', they can move on.

In real life, it's quite a lot harder to change.

Some of the old crusties ( ;) ) here have been doing the same thing for years. Wife, kids, house, job. Perhaps you have forgotten what it is like to change your life every few years , school, uni, moving out of home, first job, motorbike :).

Ie. The young in' who appear different from their online persona IRL is in fact a different person from who they were just a few months ago. But perhaps the personality of the screen name remains largely static as time goes on, fixed somewhat on who that person was when they first started using the (Or a) site.

MidnightMike
20th June 2007, 17:04
There are exceptions, of course. I can't remember his online name but I remember some posts made by a 16 year-old (who is probably older now) that really surprised me because of their insight. Someone confirmed they knew the guy and he really was 16, and I was impressed.

Theres always the insolent and the insightful, personally, I prefer to be the latter. Others dont, though I agree its mainly us "young'ns" that do so, though theres plenty of you older folk :dodge: aswell that have verbal diarrhea and therefore decide to 'shit' throughout these forums.

scumdog
20th June 2007, 17:05

Those article is about how young people are more willing to discard personalities and start over. Their online self being someone that they care not to maintain, and if it becomes too tarnished, forget the password or are just 'over it', they can move on.

Kinda a parallel to racing games/war games on PS2 etc.

Ya lose?

Sheesh, simply hit the restart button, no consequences, no repercussions

But real life ain't like that - although an awful lot lose sight of that fact.:yes:

johnnyflash
20th June 2007, 17:13

So true Scumdog, I think it started a long time ago, Ive been on the "net" since the very early days in the 80's when BBS's were the in thing, and that was something that stood out to us then as well, so it has not changed in the passing years, the younger community even then fell in love with the annonimity of it all, and though they are now 20 odd years older they still follow that line. I think the older fellows operate like they were standing in front of the other guy and try to talk with some respect..

yungatart
20th June 2007, 17:32
Maybe some of the "young" ones feel they have something to prove, while most of us who are more "mature" couldn't give a rats arse about how we "appear" and are rather more comfortable with the personality we have been lugging around with us for umpteen years.
Most of the young ones that I have met are really nice, both on and off line, although they tend to be a little more reactionary.

Colapop
20th June 2007, 17:40
I dunno what I'm like in 'real' life - I suspect the same as I am on here... others often give an appraisal that seems to me to be a little large. All I know is that I'm a hopeless liar so I have no choice but to be who I is...

Ummm.... coz I'm am who I is does that make me old?

SPman
20th June 2007, 18:15

Younger guys seem to revel in their anonymity it seems.

Hmmmm.......There are many outspoken people I've met on here, that are very much like that in real life. It can be a mite embarrassing, at times, if you are, generally, a quiet woos, like me.
And, obviously, to the quiet mass of people on here - they don't seem to last too long, for one reason or another.

Obviously the difference between real life, in all it's shades, echoes and nuances, which can put quite different meaning into words and expressions which seem outrageous in the stark printed word and relative sterility of the net, where people who have never met and don't know how to react to the individual, can take umbrage, outrage or offense at something, which if said in conversation, can mean or intend something quite different.
Some people make allowances for the electronic literalness and tone it down, (often older people who may have had a lot of strife in their life), some don't notice, because thats really how they are in real life and others just don't care......because that's how they are????

Perhaps, younger people are still trying to find their real persona - I know I changed a lot from 15 to 35, and the net is a place to try out something different, experiment without having to expose themselves too much.
Older people have perhaps found who they are, are comfortable in that, and that is how we generally see them ....

(Eg. - Mstriumph doesn't say stuff on here that she wouldn't, face to face! She's just as, if not even more, forthright in real life!! She knows she's gonna get flattened one day, but that doesn't stop her. If she thinks something needs to be said or done, nothings going to stop her....)

Edbear
20th June 2007, 18:18
Meh - I'm a legend in real life too.

:yes: :innocent:

chanceyy
20th June 2007, 18:31
funny thing the internet most ppl find it easier to say things online than express themselves in real life .. its a fantasy life for some ppl .. the only difference is that the "biker community" is small & unless you never plan on attending any rides you will met others

I am no different on web than in real life (thank gawd) can not see the point in pretending to be something I am not ..

Str8 Jacket
20th June 2007, 18:40
Ya prob right Scummy. Im quite different in "real life". Sometimes.

T.W.R
20th June 2007, 19:15
What goes around comes around :yes: so if you're into spinning bullshit here, somewhere along the line the bullshit comes home to roost.

a lot is dependant on the persons morals & conscience. It's better to be straight up with others rather than spin a veil of untruths.

KoroJ
20th June 2007, 19:29
I dunno what I'm like in 'real' life - I suspect the same as I am on here...

Na....your online hugs are more manageable as nothing gets broken, like birds backs, blokes arms etc.

Deviant Esq
20th June 2007, 19:42
I'm one of the younger ones. Whenever I go to a KB meet here in Christchurch (or the last one I went to in Wellington), I'm almost always the youngest member to show up... and I don't consider myself to be that young, compared to some of the regular posters on KB. But at 24 I'm almost always a minimum of 10 years younger than anyone else showing up to meets.

So being a younger one you'd think I'd want to stand up and make my voice heard against Scumdog's comments... but you'd be wrong. I agree with what he's said, mostly. There are still some older members who aren't true to their online persona... but much fewer than the younger members, it seems.

I'd say I'm the same online as in person. Pretty talkative and sociable either way. I don't say anything online I wouldn't say in person. But then, I've had it asked of me before: "Are you sure you're only 24? You sure don't come across as that young." Maybe that's why I get on well with people older than me.

miSTa
20th June 2007, 20:09

Ya not contacting my member in the flesh ya dodgy old bugger :nono:

terbang
20th June 2007, 20:22
Well what ya see is what ya get though my spelling is a bit better in real life.

oldrider
20th June 2007, 20:36
OK Ok already SD, I confess, I am not really a teenager! I was just kidding. :yes: John.

Mom
20th June 2007, 20:48
Personally I don't give a toss what others think of me.
The "real-ness" of a person comes from life experiences and not necessarily age/years. Have met some "mature" KBers who were completely challenged lets say.

BTW...I'm 36

You are 36?????????? I am old :yes:

I am, what I am and who I am.....here or in person. I must be real, cos I have lived a little.

Mully
20th June 2007, 20:58
I think it's a teenager (Caution, generalisation) thing to big-up your comments. My brother has only recently stopped bragging about chicks, cars, bikes etc. He's 21 in September.

Personally, I never embellish my posts.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go take way too many drugs, drive my mega pimped cars and sleep with my many super-model girlfriends.

Maha
20th June 2007, 21:19
I dunno what I'm like in 'real' life - I suspect the same as I am on here... others often give an appraisal that seems to me to be a little large. All I know is that I'm a hopeless liar so I have no choice but to be who I is...

Im sure theres a few on here that can help you answer me ole' shimwah but best leave it alone, you know where you stand with us. Be happy in the knowledge that being who you are suits you best....and suits us....:yes:

BarBender
20th June 2007, 21:51
...but have to say I've met some "real" younger people from KB too.
The "real-ness" of a person comes from life experiences and not necessarily age/years. Have met some "mature" KBers who were completely challenged lets say.

Well said mate. :yes:

Mully
20th June 2007, 22:15
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go take way too many drugs, drive my mega pimped cars and sleep with my many super-model girlfriends.

Oh, and drag my knee on a public road.

xwhatsit
20th June 2007, 22:24
I'm a young fellow.

I don't think I've got an online persona. If I'm feeling shitty and arrogant and opinionated in real life I'll be exactly the same online. If I'm feeling relaxed and happy having just finished exams I'll likely behave the same way.

If I was going to invent an online persona to try and be cool, I'd be much more awesome than some geeky guy riding an old 250 single -- instead I'd be from the ghetto and ride an R6.

TerminalAddict
20th June 2007, 22:48
I'd be swedish . .with blonde hair and big boobs ;)

Rhino
20th June 2007, 22:58
Interesting observation SD. I would tend to agree with you, although I have met some young KBers who are suprisingly like their online persona.

Regarding the older members, I would say that Colapop, The Busas, MSTRS, Yungatart, The Quicks and DMNTD are all quite similar to their online image in real life.:yes:

Now, do we run a raffle as to which one is going to be the first to react to the "older" tag?:innocent:

Indiana_Jones
20th June 2007, 23:46
im actually meek and quiet in real life...

That's me too

-Indy

Disco Dan
21st June 2007, 00:32
I like to think im diferent in 'real life' as oppossed to my rather strange reputation on here.... :yes:

...I do get lost though. lots. Heck, I even got lost in the carpark tonight... :innocent:

...Proper English gentleman me :yes:

I suspect you are right though SD...

shcabbeh
21st June 2007, 01:20
I'm 19 and agree with the OP.

I've been on the internet for almost 8 years now and can see people my age going through various stages online. It's so easy to hide behind a screen so a lot of people do. I did it for ages and have witnessed countless examples of it through all the sites I go on and have been on. It does get boring though, so there's hope.

You just gotta remember not to take people hurling abuse online seriously. A lot of people don't realise that (check the reader feedback on The Herald), and feed the trolls, making it worse.

White lies and trolling are far easier to get away with anonymously online. Most people who do it would not normally as it's too easy to see through and their reputations are on the line. Those that do it will eventually grow up, so it's not all bad.

Reckless
21st June 2007, 01:40
Older members (I suspect) come form the old school of letter writing with a pen and paper where you tended to stick with fact in the knowledge you would very likely (in general) be meeting the recipient of the letter you had written. Youner guys seem to revel in their anonimity it seems.

I guess your simply saying they are fulla shit!!

Us older types have had more practice at telling lies, so now they sound believable?

We sound believable cause we actually believe our own bullshit:bash:

I'd be swedish . .with blonde hair and big boobs ;)
you'd be busy as well:yes:

Nuff said! Now you all know i'm fulla shit off and online.:rockon:

Sanx
21st June 2007, 06:40
I know I'm a lovely c#@t...choose either of those words

"coat", "can't", "chit", "chat", "clot", "cyst", "cast", "cost", "colt", "coot"?

Nope ... dunno what you're on about, mate.

janno
21st June 2007, 08:09
This morning I'm a lovely coat.

Was a high of 13 degrees in Brisbane yesterday, with the windchill bringing it down to 5.:cold:

I've conveniently forgotten what it was like to have frozen water pipes in Invercargill for 10 days straight. . .

Oops. Here ya go.:innocent: (Passes thread back.)

yungatart
21st June 2007, 08:21
Now, do we run a raffle as to which one is going to be the first to react to the "older" tag?:innocent:

That would be me I guess!
Yes, I'm an old grandma! And damn proud of it!
Like a fine wine I just get better with age!

And that has to be the truth, cos I'm well past the age of bullshitting to impress!!!:dodge:

MSTRS
21st June 2007, 09:35

Ah, sorry. Bit slow these cold mornings. I'd like to think that the dog hid my slippers, not that I forgot where I left them....
Oh, and DMNTD? c#@t is not how you spell 'cute' :shit:

judecatmad
21st June 2007, 09:57

I agree with this - I've found that you're more likely to make honest friendships with people online if you are honest yourself. Met hubby online so it must be true!

The only difference for me between the online world and the real world is I'm actually more likely to talk to people in the online world. Am quite the social retard in real life! LOL

I am, of course, quite gutted to be considering myself in the 'older' group..... :crybaby:

MSTRS
21st June 2007, 10:07
I am now officially concerned :shutup:

Nah, it's ok fulla. I'm a lesbian. I'm attracted to girls. It's your spelling that I was pointing out...

Joni
21st June 2007, 10:07
I am, of course, quite gutted to be considering myself in the 'older' group..... :crybaby:Huh?! And Im older than you... so its aunty Jo to you from now on missy :sunny:

Re the topic , I find the younger people on KB all about shock value... lets see what we can say to get the biggest responce out of people... strange I was never like that when I was younger, my mother would have slapped me silly...

Hurting people intentionally just to get a responce is a bazaar concept to me.

Edbear
21st June 2007, 10:22
is a bazaar concept to me.

Mmmmmmm! Interesting Freudian slip...:yes:

Joni
21st June 2007, 10:25
Mmmmmmm! Interesting Freudian slip...:yes:Or just the wierd saffa in me coming out :bleh:

James Deuce
21st June 2007, 10:40

The article is about how young people are more willing to discard personalities and start over. Their online self being someone that they care not to maintain, and if it becomes too tarnished, forget the password or are just 'over it', they can move on.

Some of the old crusties ( ;) ) here have been doing the same thing for years. Wife, kids, house, job. Perhaps you have forgotten what it is like to change your life every few years , school, uni, moving out of home, first job, motorbike :).

Ie. The young in' who appear different from their online persona IRL is in fact a different person from who they were just a few months ago. But perhaps the personality of the screen name remains largely static as time goes on, fixed somewhat on who that person was when they first started using the (Or a) site.

That is VERY DEFINITELY the narrow view of someone at the bottom of the mountain looking up.

Stuff that happens to you during the "doing the same thing" period provokes deeper and more profound personality changes than anything that happens in the vacuous, personality-as-deep-as-a-raindrop period. The apparent stability of a deep and meaningful relationship and a stable base of operations can free up a great deal of bandwidth for you to work on your own humanity.

inlinefour
21st June 2007, 10:52
Or just the wierd saffa in me coming out :bleh:

The penny has dropped, you Africiarn(sp)?

Ocean1
21st June 2007, 10:53
The apparent stability of a deep and meaningful relationship and a stable base of operations can free up a great deal of bandwidth for you to work on your own humanity.

Well that's me well and truly fucked then.

Knew I took a wrong turn there somewhere...

Joni
21st June 2007, 10:54
you Africiarn(sp)?If I knew what that was maybe I could answer your question :bleh:

spelling is so bad I really dont know what you mean

Deviant Esq
21st June 2007, 11:11
If I knew what that was maybe I could answer your question :bleh:
I think he's trying to ask if you're Afrikaans (a language), but what he really means is are you black. IL4: Nope, she's not. Still a Saffa, mind - blunt as a cinder block :nya: - but we luvs ya anyway Joni! :love:

Disco Dan
21st June 2007, 11:15
I find the younger people on KB all about shock value... lets see what we can say to get the biggest responce out of people... strange I was never like that when I was younger, my mother would have slapped me silly...

Yeah thats pretty strange....

...so Joni, hows your sex life? :dodge: :shutup:

Joni
21st June 2007, 11:23
...so Joni, hows your sex life? :dodge: :shutup:Cant do much at the mo... got a tummy bug! Dont feel too sexy when you vomiting your lungs out :sick:

:lol: Glad to see Im helping keep this thread on track.

inlinefour
21st June 2007, 11:29
If I knew what that was maybe I could answer your question :bleh:

spelling is so bad I really dont know what you mean

Yea I had the same problem too, yea I know your SA and white as you almost belted the shyte outta me one day in the past...

Crisis management
21st June 2007, 11:30
Well that's me well and truly fucked then.

Knew I took a wrong turn there somewhere...

I'm with you, I have absolutely no idea what Jim's on about here!

Hmmmm, maybe it's more about what Jim is on? :innocent:

vifferman
21st June 2007, 12:25
Yeah, I'm actually taller and uglier in real life than on here. :shit:
And even more boring and forgettable.

Ocean1
21st June 2007, 12:47
Yeah, I'm actually taller and uglier in real life than on here. :shit:
And even more boring and forgettable.

Fer chrisake make up yer mind.

Either you're old, interstingly creased by a mis-spent youth and don't give a flying feck what anyone thinks about that, or you're still busy squandering a wayward childhood and ain't worth noticing.

Ya can't have yer cake an' eat it too.

Pm me if in fact you found a way...

vifferman
21st June 2007, 12:59
Fer chrisake make up yer mind.
Well, that's easily said, but incredibly hard to do.

Either you're old, interstingly creased by a mis-spent youth and don't give a flying feck what anyone thinks about that, or you're still busy squandering a wayward childhood and ain't worth noticing.
Option C.

Ya can't have yer cake an' eat it too.
Cake... ? Where's the cake? I like cake! :yes:
Does it have icing?

Ocean1
21st June 2007, 15:53
Well, that's easily said, but incredibly hard to do.

Correct, I've been deferring enterprises of such momentous import until I grow up.

Option C.

Which I was sorta hoping involved a sort of perpetual adolescence but without all the blood. Leme know if you’ve got that down huh?

Cake... ? Where's the cake? I like cake! :yes:
Does it have icing?

Well if in fact ya did have that option you'd know that option C in fact consists of truckloads of black forest gateau. With real cream. And cherries the size of cricket balls. And shaved dark chocolate, and, and…

Whilst enjoying all the benefits of the physique of one of the better known Greek Gods.

Storm
21st June 2007, 18:23
Sign me up for that cake eating please Mr Ocean. Wouldnt want you getting lonely munching away :D:D

Ocean1
21st June 2007, 18:32
Sign me up for that cake eating please Mr Ocean. Wouldnt want you getting lonely munching away :D:D

Not up to C yet dude.

Still working on B.

Bikes, Babes, Beaches, Babes, Bourbon, Babes...

But you go for it sport.
Report back y'hear?

Hitcher
21st June 2007, 20:57
Omigod! This thread is like so totally omigod, like. I was like reading it and like my brain kind of like melted. Shreeeek!

peasea
21st June 2007, 21:17

You're starting to sound............almost..almost...........human.
Nah, must be the Jim I've devoured.
Truth, truth, let me think.........
Yup! Got it.

Today we have the most communication devices that we've ever had, and with that we have lost the abilty to communicate.

FRONT THE PERSON!

It's a dying art.

However, as an aside, in my travels (and my limited cyberspace experience) I have found bikers to be the most honest and upfront people on the planet.

Bar none.

(However, that's a generalization, not supported by statistics and overall court appearances.)

And I generally appear in court, with a bar, in supported overalls of dubious statistics.

kro
21st June 2007, 21:25

In some ways, you're quite correct. I see a lot of people who don't care about their "online reputation", and stir everyone up, and be buttheads all the time, but in doing so, could not call on KB as Sarge did yesterday, when family crisis hit, as they would have already painted themselves into a corner with their stupid antics.

This doesn't always equate to an age thing, but I would say you're pretty close to the mark Scumdog, well said.