PDA

View Full Version : HELP Wanted !

Disco Dan
20th June 2007, 17:26
Im in a pickle..... I had about 4 people booked to help me move house on Friday and after talking to all of them today they have all let me down one way or another....

I have a 2 tonne truck booked for the day.... but just myself to move all of my stuff.... there is a few heavy items...

Im asking for help!

If you can help me move house all day Friday then please, please pleease give me a ring on 0211601457 or PM me!

I will pay you (somehow) but I am actually reaally desperate and need someone to give me a hand all day!!!

Disco Dan
20th June 2007, 17:44
Everyone of my friends are suddenly 'working' or studying or 'changed their minds'.... ....the one person that can help can only help on sat, and even then he cant do any heavy lifting.

I could only get the truck for the friday and not over the weekend.

So now I am stuck, I have the truck... new empty house and everything sitting in boxes with no-one to help me move it all :(

Even if you can only help me for a couple of hours, that would be better than nothing!!!

Im one stressed out disco at the moment.... :crazy: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mom
20th June 2007, 17:52
You plonker for picking Friday!!!! Mate, I cant lift for shit, but man I am good at packing and cleaning after........but I am working! How bout a night time shift?

R6_kid
20th June 2007, 18:10
friday night or saturday I may be able to help out, but not during the day sorry mate. Where's the new pad?

Macktheknife
20th June 2007, 18:38
My misunderstanding mate, I can help on Friday, still can't lift much though.

WarlockNZ
20th June 2007, 18:45
Friday night is good for me ??? does that help ?? .. like after work at shit ??

Stirts
20th June 2007, 20:24
I can help...for a little while in the am.....and for a girl, I can actually lift some heavy shit! :apumpin:

Address would b handy...PM or txt :wait:

Mully
20th June 2007, 20:37
Dude, I can help Friday evening if required. I'm West too.

Let me know if I can help.

Cheers,
Marcus

MyGSXF
20th June 2007, 20:49
Sorry matey.. can't actually help ya.. (unless ya wanna pay my air fares there & back.. :innocent: )

:shutup:

But do wanna say.. don't stress ok.. put it out there & trust in the universe.. all will work out!! :yes:

Jen :rockon:

ps: looks like I'm gunna be doin the same in 3 weeks too.. :shit: :angry:

Drum
20th June 2007, 20:53
If you can't find anyone during the day, I suggest going into a local backpackers common room/ kitchen and offering $50 to anyone that can help for the day. Should get a taker I'd say.

0arbreaka
20th June 2007, 20:55
How much you willing to pay?:innocent:

WarlockNZ
20th June 2007, 20:56

Bastard! .. where's your sense of community ??? .. I'm sure the Disco will be putting on some beers .. what more do you need??

Deviant Esq
20th June 2007, 20:59
Poor form. The fact that he's actually willing to pay someone would be enough for me if I was in Auckland and available on the day. I wouldn't be asking for anything in return though, that's not what being a KBer and helping another is about. A beer maybe, that'd do me.

Good luck Dan.

0arbreaka
20th June 2007, 21:07
Im just lookin for an excuse to pull a sicky, a beer or two is payment enough.

WarlockNZ
20th June 2007, 21:10
Tell you what Disco ... if you can't find any help .. i'll take the day off to help .. i'll pm you my cell number

Disco Dan
20th June 2007, 21:40
My misunderstanding mate, I can help on Friday, still can't lift much though.

Cheers mate really appreciate it ay! :yes:

I can help...for a little while in the am.....and for a girl, I can actually lift some heavy shit! :apumpin:

awww :love: ...I still think you let me cut your hair so you can help me out in the arvo ;) hehe

Tell you what Disco ... if you can't find any help .. i'll take the day off to help .. i'll pm you my cell number

Cheers dude, a few people have text/pm'd me etc should be right now!

Morcs, MTK and Stirts you are FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! :yes: :love: :love:

What a great place KB is ay! So nice to get home from AWNMR and find all these offers of help!!!

THANK YOU!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Stickchick
20th June 2007, 22:11
Cheers mate really appreciate it ay! :yes:

awww :love: ...I still think you let me cut your hair so you can help me out in the arvo ;) hehe

Cheers dude, a few people have text/pm'd me etc should be right now!

Morcs, MTK and Stirts you are FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! :yes: :love: :love:

What a great place KB is ay! So nice to get home from AWNMR and find all these offers of help!!!

THANK YOU!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Aww its good to see not everyone takes the piss out of you up there dude :yes: :rockon:

BuFfY
20th June 2007, 22:13
I would offer to help but I am so bad at lifting stuff... I generally just smile sweetly at the nearest guy lol
Hope the move goes smoothly for you! Atleast now you can think that your muck up was people piking.. and now you are all sweet!

Disco Dan
20th June 2007, 22:15
Aww its good to see not everyone takes the piss out of you up there dude :yes: :rockon:

yep, just like pigs can now fly... with all the advances in gentic engineering an all ;)

Stirts
20th June 2007, 22:20

:shit: like fark I would let you cut me hair....prob end up with a #1....spose helmet hair would'nt be an issue. Will get cut....then cruise over to help some more....may even bring beer :yes:

Disco Dan
20th June 2007, 22:21
:shit: like fark I would let you cut me hair....prob end up with a #1....spose helmet hair would'nt be an issue. Will get cut....then cruise over to help some more....may even bring beer :yes:

awww now were talking ;) Thanks "skirts" :yes: :yes: :yes:

Yes I have clippers... and im prepared to use them! hehehe

Stickchick
20th June 2007, 22:28
yep, just like pigs can now fly... with all the advances in gentic engineering an all ;)

Well goo dluck with the move. I know what its like to have to move with only you as when I moved my stuff back in Welly there was me and one other person and has you have met me, bet you couldn't picture me moving lounge suites etc. It wasn't pretty :yes:

Stirts
20th June 2007, 22:29
awww now were talking ;) Thanks "skirts" :yes: :yes: :yes:

Yes I have clippers... and im prepared to use them! hehehe

Feck....ummm....actually I just sprained my...my ummmmm....my bum cos I shat myself when you said "clippers" so I ahhhh....I wont b able to make it after all.......heeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

C U Fri :yes:

Disco Dan
20th June 2007, 22:30
Well goo dluck with the move. I know what its like to have to move with only you as when I moved my stuff back in Welly there was me and one other person and has you have met me, bet you couldn't picture me moving lounge suites etc. It wasn't pretty :yes:

I can imagine! :dodge:

People that are coming to help have not seen the size of my aquarium yet :shutup: hehe

Stickchick
20th June 2007, 22:33
I can imagine! :dodge:

People that are coming to help have not seen the size of my aquarium yet :shutup: hehe

You shouldn;t have mentioned that until after the move :shutup:

Disco Dan
20th June 2007, 22:35
Feck....ummm....actually I just sprained my...my ummmmm....my bum cos I shat myself when you said "clippers" so I ahhhh....I wont b able to make it after all.......heeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

C U Fri :yes:

My mini needs towing to the new place too... brakes are a bit dodgy.. ie there is none. so I have cut a hole in the floor pan for your feet ok? ;) *flintstones* ...if not, I need someone to ride both the bikes over there :P hehe

FYI - there will be lots of beer for helpers!! ;)

Stirts
20th June 2007, 22:48
My mini needs towing to the new place too... brakes are a bit dodgy.. ie there is none. so I have cut a hole in the floor pan for your feet ok? ;) *flintstones* ...if not, I need someone to ride both the bikes over there :P hehe

FYI - there will be lots of beer for helpers!! ;)

SHITC%^TA*#EF*#KDRINK!

Meesa dont finks skyline has tbar doh......you best get cuttin thro that floor of the...mini??????????????

gijoe1313
21st June 2007, 10:30
Ahhh I can help after I finish skool on Friday ... after 3.30pm that is... just drop a me a PM with details...

And fortunately, I can lift very heavy stuff! Mind you, with all the helpers you got booked already, seems you don't need another hand? :whistle:

Blondini
21st June 2007, 13:48
PM me or you have my number if I can help I am free bout 11 til 3.:yes:

Disco Dan
25th June 2007, 22:50
I can help on Friday, still can't lift much though.

I can help

I can help

I can help

BIG HUGE THANK YOU TO THOSE THAT HELPED ME MOVE HOUSE ON FRIDAY!

...what a mission that was!!! Its amazing how much stuff you accumulate over the years... :innocent:

They all arrived bright and early, skidmark arriving literally moments after my morning coffee... ...everyone got stuck in, picking up the truck and the weather turned nasty... giant hail stones started denting cars... the drive back was interesting... still getting the hang of driving a 2 tonne truck after 3 years and I kept spinning the back wheels out on the corners :innocent: two trips under the excellent supervision and expertise of MTK's packing skills and we were done! Beers were dispensed and pats on back all round! Still unpacking stuff 4 days later... :shit: boxes coming out of my fricking ears... and picking bits of sticky packing tape off socks is something im looking forward to forgetting! :Punk:

Internet, phone etc is still not going... *groan* and some wally filled the sump of the spa pool with epoxy glue... so a plumber has been ordered so it will be all ready for the house warming! ! ! :Punk: ...which FYI will be in a couple of weeks - as my flatemate and I still have a lot to do!!! :yes: :yes:

Thanks again to everyone that helped out, all the phone calls and text messages offering help! I am humbled by the community spirit on this site and cannot believe the response I got! Wont be moving again for a while I can assure you!!!! :yes:

gijoe1313
25th June 2007, 23:16
See ya bastich! I told ya I should have come in and given you a hand... and not ridden and rattled my dags around Raglan! :rofl: All good, glad to hear you got sorted horted and now comes the moment of truth...

How much of your gear got flogged by the movers!? :lol:

Macktheknife
26th June 2007, 10:34
It was easy to do Dan, a pleasure to help.

Morcs
27th June 2007, 17:13
No worries Dan, anytime.

So whens the KB Housewarming...? :D

skidMark
27th June 2007, 18:10
can't have the housewarming just yet my vfr is looking like shite

gotta make it prettier b4 the housewarming or ull all laugh lol

skidMark
27th June 2007, 18:16
BIG HUGE THANK YOU TO THOSE THAT HELPED ME MOVE HOUSE ON FRIDAY!

...what a mission that was!!! Its amazing how much stuff you accumulate over the years... :innocent:

They all arrived bright and early, skidmark arriving literally moments after my morning coffee... ...everyone got stuck in, picking up the truck and the weather turned nasty... giant hail stones started denting cars... the drive back was interesting... still getting the hang of driving a 2 tonne truck after 3 years and I kept spinning the back wheels out on the corners :innocent: two trips under the excellent supervision and expertise of MTK's packing skills and we were done! Beers were dispensed and pats on back all round! Still unpacking stuff 4 days later... :shit: boxes coming out of my fricking ears... and picking bits of sticky packing tape off socks is something im looking forward to forgetting! :Punk:

Internet, phone etc is still not going... *groan* and some wally filled the sump of the spa pool with epoxy glue... so a plumber has been ordered so it will be all ready for the house warming! ! ! :Punk: ...which FYI will be in a couple of weeks - as my flatemate and I still have a lot to do!!! :yes: :yes:

Thanks again to everyone that helped out, all the phone calls and text messages offering help! I am humbled by the community spirit on this site and cannot believe the response I got! Wont be moving again for a while I can assure you!!!! :yes:

it's ok no worrys, my bike is invading ur loverly garage , mwuahahahhahah

dnt put her outside, shes to frail for the cold lol

Disco Dan
28th June 2007, 17:11
No worries Dan, anytime.

So whens the KB Housewarming...? :D

another week or so............ managed to set the house on fire this morning though... cleaned the pump house out... then switched on the gas heating... *boom* ...lucky I had a garden hose nearby... :innocent:

it's ok no worrys, my bike is invading ur loverly garage , mwuahahahhahah

dnt put her outside, shes to frail for the cold lol

hmmm......