PDA

View Full Version : It's official...I'm a biker again!

Krayy
17th September 2004, 14:01
Alright, so I haven't got the beard, the worn down leathers or the dark wrap-arounds, but I do have myself a 2k Honda VTR250 in the garage downstairs. Yes!!!!!!

So background-wise, I'm in my high 30's and have been wanting to scratch this itch since I sold my last bike around 15 years back to conincide with my OE. Got back to NZ and had to have a cage for work, then got a desk job and got myself a scooter (Bug Bandit - highly recommended). The SWMBO has finally let me get a little more freedom between my legs (not in THAT way), so here I am, the newest "official" Kiwi Biker.

Glad to meet you all, and heres to a "drop-free" next few years!

Joni
17th September 2004, 14:04
Alright, so I haven't got the beard, the worn down leathers or the dark wrap-arounds, but I do have myself a 2k Honda VTR250 in the garage downstairs. Yes!!!!!!

So background-wise, I'm in my high 30's and have been wanting to scratch this itch since I sold my last bike around 15 years back to conincide with my OE. Got back to NZ and had to have a cage for work, then got a desk job and got myself a scooter (Bug Bandit - highly recommended). The SWMBO has finally let me get a little more freedom between my legs (not in THAT way), so here I am, the newest "official" Kiwi Biker.

:spudwave:

riffer
17th September 2004, 14:06
Good on ya Krayy.

Plenty of us in our mid to late 30s on KB!!!

scumdog
17th September 2004, 14:17
Welcome, I could have said the same as celticno6 - in '85! :eek:

Mr Skid
17th September 2004, 14:38

Congrats Krayy, they're a nice looking bike, and actually manage to pull off being bright yellow.

Myself and a few others here have done the ride safe course you mentioned, and it's well worth the effort.

Tigger
17th September 2004, 14:45
Welcome Krayy,

Great choice on the bike! :msn-wink:

Not that I'm biased in any way....... of course not...... no, not at all......

It looks great in yellow too. :niceone:

dhunt
17th September 2004, 15:01
Congrats on the new bike. Looks very nice in yellow. Just need a bigger pic to see it better. Happy riding :ride: Just remember the two round black things stay facing the ground.

aff-man
17th September 2004, 15:22
arse another one to influence us younger fella's :killingme :killingme :killingme .

Welcome mate hope to see ya out there :spudwave: :niceone:

Ms Piggy
17th September 2004, 15:45
Hi Krayy,
Welcome along! I hope you get that itched scratched on a regular basis and have lotsa fun! :niceone: Great bunch here.

Cheers CSL

Marknz
17th September 2004, 17:28
:first:

Good on ya fella...

toads
17th September 2004, 17:42

yeehaar, good to hear another person of my vintage has joined the ranks, I totally relate to getting back into bikes after a good long stretch bikeless etc, it is so therapuetic to get on a bike and forget about everything except the road, just magic, you won't regret getting a bike again, but I guarantee it won't be long before you up the cc rating lol!! welcome :sunny:

LB
18th September 2004, 04:50
Hi Krayy: welcome to the KB site. A great place to visit.

Her_C4
18th September 2004, 08:07
Good on ya Krayy.

Plenty of us in our mid to late 30s on KB!!!

...and plenty of us either side of that as well!! :msn-wink:

Welcome aboard Krayy

:spudwave:

Vagabond
18th September 2004, 08:53

:mellow: So what took u so long ? :cool2:

Welcome aboard !

Zapf
19th September 2004, 01:49
Hi ya,
Nice to see another VTR250 on here :) should consider coming out on some of our weekend runs if u are into that sort of thing.

Cheers. Zapf

magnum
19th September 2004, 10:07
hello and welcome in :scooter:

inlinefour
28th January 2005, 00:07
Welcome and enjoy :banana: