PDA

View Full Version : About to buy my first Cag...

NofearX18
21st June 2007, 16:17
hey guys. in like 3-4 weeks im going to buy my first 47cc FF(full Fairing) cag. i would much rather buy a used one but if i cant find a use 1 im going to have to buy new...i was going to buy a Lucky 7 as they are much better bikes but they dont make them anymore and i cant seem to find anywhere that sells them for a decent price and ot many people are selling them used either.

i have big plans as far a paint goes but performance wise not so many plans. as i am gettin ready to drop close to $600 into my X18 mid bike im not going to be spending much on my little bike.

Basically i want to paint it to an area 51 scheme:

-black body
-lime green frame
-lime green spokes on the wheels with the chrome/alluminum lip
-AA powered lime green innerglow/underglow
-any lime green accesories i can find.
-custom alien stickers
-other custom stickers

(Cornholio! you know the importance of good stickers ;))

as for performance im only gonna be moding:

-sprockets
-Carburator
-exhaust
-and other little cheap stuff.

but yea. this is only gonna be my "toy around" bike. i just want to get a start in the smaller bike world. so im gonna give it a shot.

pics of my plans at the bottom. the photoshopped one was 1 that some1 made for me. the one drawn on paint is mine and my plans for it.

hope y'all like.

anyway. let me know what ya think! ... until then!:moon: :finger: :beer: :scooter:

NofearX18
21st June 2007, 16:21
:gob: ooops i completly fogot my pic.... LOL it wont let me put the drawling i made on paint up but the one a freind made is there... close enough...

IamCornholio
21st June 2007, 23:20
There is a member here named Newmanz with a store...

Check his avatar for the address and check it out. He may be able to help you get a new bike??? Not really sure but worth asking. See his thread a few lines down about 'cheap chinese bikes'. :rockon:

IamCornholio

NofearX18
22nd June 2007, 07:43
hmmm i cant seem to find that thread... can you find a link for me?

bungbung
22nd June 2007, 14:12
Nofearx18, are you in Delaware? Newmanz is located in New Zealand.

xwhatsit
22nd June 2007, 16:05
Sorry to bother your thread, but was just wondering what a cag is? Is it an acronym, or an actual word? Trying to think of all the things it could be but I can't work it out lol.

NofearX18
22nd June 2007, 16:49
bungbung:

yes im in little old DE and if hes that far away i cant imagine shipping :p LOL

xerxesdaphat:

a cag is short for caglari which is a really cheap chinese made pocketbike. its pretty much the base model of pocket bikes. but yea they come in HF (Half Fairing) models and FF (Full fairing) models. either way they are SLOW! and need alot of work to be decently relieable and decently fast ;)

but in my oppinion they are worth the $200 because cmon now.. thats cheap for good fun...

IamCornholio
24th June 2007, 16:14
bungbung:

yes im in little old DE and if hes that far away i cant imagine shipping :p LOL

xerxesdaphat:

a cag is short for caglari which is a really cheap chinese made pocketbike. its pretty much the base model of pocket bikes. but yea they come in HF (Half Fairing) models and FF (Full fairing) models. either way they are SLOW! and need alot of work to be decently relieable and decently fast ;)

but in my oppinion they are worth the $200 because cmon now.. thats cheap for good fun...

Not at all trying to stir up garbage but...

It's 'Cagliari' and that refers to ALL of them and not just the china bikes. :yes: It just refers to the type of bike and not the manufacturer.

Also, My 'china' bike is NOT slow and will very easily make piss come out of an unsuspecting rider. :shit: I use a good quality digital speedometer that does not lie and I can easily see when I have done stuff to our bike to cause it to go slower or faster... :scooter:

If your particular 'cag' is slow, It needs more work, money and 'boostports' and then more work... Soon you may become scared of it and THEN you will know you have it dialed in correctly. If it does not 'feel' spooky, you just need to tune more to get it there... :yes:

NofearX18
26th June 2007, 06:29
well i found some1 selling a L7 for $170 something... he says we can split shipping do it would be like $209. it has no mods to the engine but he says he rarley ever rides it. he is 41 and he only really used as a display in his office... imma buy it if he still has it come the 7th :D

sorry Cornholio. shoulda worded myself better on that post...

IamCornholio
26th June 2007, 13:31
well i found some1 selling a L7 for $170 something... he says we can split shipping do it would be like $209. it has no mods to the engine but he says he rarley ever rides it. he is 41 and he only really used as a display in his office... imma buy it if he still has it come the 7th :D

sorry Cornholio. shoulda worded myself better on that post...

You just got seriously lucky finding that bike for that price friend... :yes:

Better snap that up for sure IMO. :rockon:

NofearX18
27th June 2007, 10:09
im buying it tonite or tomorrow :D

NofearX18
28th June 2007, 16:15
fuck. they guy sold it when HE TOLD me he was gonna sell it to me today... o well imma look for something else used...

newmanz
2nd August 2007, 00:05
Just make sure that if you buy a second hand bike really pay attention to the engine and frame. Check those welds, see if it has been repaired anywhere.
Check the engine for power loss once it has heated up from a good ride.
Check the carb for leaks, and ease of running.
All these parts can be replaced affordably, but its best to know what to look for.

Or save your $$$$ and buy a brand new water cooled bike. They fast reliable and allow anywhere from 80km/h to 120km/h depending on the engine used.
Wicked wicked fun, thats what it is all about, and speed = fun .... and sometimes a sore bum.

minimotobike
16th August 2007, 20:18
fuck. they guy sold it when HE TOLD me he was gonna sell it to me today... o well imma look for something else used...

Any updates on your cag my boy?:headbang: