PDA

View Full Version : *Sigh* eerrrrrrrrr *crash*

Slipstream
17th September 2004, 20:40
I chose my user name for one reason, but now it seems more appropriate than ever.

Every small thread I post on seems to end with my post, just like a .... a ... a handbrake :( :weep: :crybaby: :cry:

*sniff*

But I suppose the good thing about that is that I get the last word :D :D :D

Anybody else find that they're turning more and more into their user name? Does anyone use their user name outside the site other than anyone born with their name?

Anyone using 'Talldarkandhandsome' ? ... Hey. How you, ... a-doin'? :msn-wink:

NC
17th September 2004, 20:45

:killingme :killingme

StoneChucker
17th September 2004, 20:51
Yeah, I seem to live up to my name. But, it's more my bike living up to it, and not so much me...

Yamahamaman
17th September 2004, 20:53
Yeah, I seem to live up to my name. But, it's more my bike living up to it, and not so much me...
A harder rear tyre might solve your problem :laugh:

Zed
17th September 2004, 20:58
I chose my user name for one reason, but now it seems more appropriate than ever.

Every small thread I post on seems to end with my post, just like a .... a ... a handbrake :( :weep: :crybaby: :cry:

*sniff*Lol. I'm sure you're just imagining things HB!

Anybody else find that they're turning more and more into their user name? Does anyone use their user name outside the site other than anyone born with their name?Not sure about turning into my user name, but the times I meet other KBr's on group rides or at the track we usually identify eachother by our KB names. It's quite funny with a bunch of us standing around introducing ourselves as "Zed", "Firefight", and "Drunken Monkey" for instance! :msn-wink:

Slipstream
17th September 2004, 21:01
A harder rear tyre might solve your problem :laugh:

S T: maybe just ride a bit slower ....tcha... what am I saying :wacko:

:thud:

...You know I've just spent about 5mins trying to say yamahamaman .... it's not that easy... unless I'm doing it wrong. :o

Slipstream
17th September 2004, 21:03
:killingme :killingme

none huh? :mellow:

Slipstream
17th September 2004, 21:09
Lol. I'm sure you're just imagining things HB!

Not sure about turning into my user name, but the times I meet other KBr's on group rides or at the track we usually identify eachother by our KB names. It's quite funny with a bunch of us standing around introducing ourselves as "Zed", "Firefight", and "Drunken Monkey" for instance! :msn-wink:

Hmm, I think it would be funnier hearing a conversation with the names.
Like "Drunken Monkey had zed firefight the trashman and spankme the handbrake didn't ching ching!" :laugh:

Actually ... I feel like going and writing a haiku <_<

NC
17th September 2004, 21:15
none huh? :mellow:

I'm not to sure, really. I haven't met anyone yet..... :blink:
And they don't have any MUG shots up.....

Oh that's a idea for a thread :msn-wink:

White trash
18th September 2004, 08:14
Mug shots of me all over this friggin site.

And I aint photogenic.

Jackrat
18th September 2004, 09:27
JackRat,RustyJack.
Depends on where I am at the time.
You leave something too close to a Rusty thing and it to becomes rusty if it's made of the right stuff.
RNMC.

Slipstream
18th September 2004, 12:14
what kind of bike is it you're sporting in that photo? :scooter:

and

what a cute puppy ....wooja wooja :love:

Slipstream
18th September 2004, 12:16
Mug shots of me all over this friggin site.

And I aint photogenic.

But your bikes seem to be. :P More of them please. :2thumbsup

White trash
18th September 2004, 12:18
what kind of bike is it you're sporting in that photo? :scooter:

and

what a cute puppy ....wooja wooja :love:

That's an XS 650. Very cool in an old school kinda way.

jrandom
18th September 2004, 16:49

You're a 26-year-old female with an R1.

You could be forgiven for joining a biker forum website in the hope of bumping into someone who, if they didn't go by that handle, should.

Unfortunately we're all either geeks, crusty old farts or pedantrists around here.

Also, Trashy's right about not being photogenic. :moon:

dangerous
18th September 2004, 17:21
Anybody else find that they're turning more and more into their user name? Does anyone use their user name outside the site?
emmmm....... well I reckon that I'm getting further away from being my user name, might be considered as getting older, or growing up.... na that wont happen :rolleyes:

And had my user name for many a year now..... never could figger it out, anyone wanta come 4x4ing or for a drive/ride maybe? I'm safe as, and do have a clean record believe it or not. :apint:

scumdog
18th September 2004, 18:25
I'm not sure that I'm turning into my name - probably more the other way around, with a sophisticated name like that I'm not really complaining, - and I did not pick it but hey, we all have our burdens to 'bear'

I now use it everywhere, in fact anything sent to 'scumdog, p.o. box... gets to me at work.

Don't worry HB, you brobably suit your name :blah: :blah: :killingme

Slipstream
20th September 2004, 23:01
You're a 26-year-old female with an R1.

Yes I am a 26 year old female, but alas and alack I do no yet own an R1 :weep:

But I hope to have one next year :soon:

Slipstream
20th September 2004, 23:06
Don't worry HB, you brobably suit your name :blah: :blah: :killingme

That's the point I was making in my first post...I like corners in fast cars... :cool:

But this is a bike forum :ride:

and

Mongoose
20th September 2004, 23:16
Hmmmmm, wonder if I will turn into a cute but fast and dangerous critter? :) :confused: :puke: :no:

White trash
21st September 2004, 07:55
white trash by name, extremely White trash by reputation.

Blakamin
21st September 2004, 08:27
I dont even know what a "Blakamin" is... was given to me by a mate on the piss about 10 years ago.. he was slurring at the time, but it sounded funny so i used it on my email account... stuck with it except for online gaming where I'm "ABloke" :eek:

jrandom
21st September 2004, 08:56
Yes I am a 26 year old female, but alas and alack I do no yet own an R1 :weep:

But I hope to have one next year :soon:

Better update your 'current bike' to reflect that then, or you'll have all the boys knocking on your door wanting a ride and being disappointed.

[Edit: I see you've uploaded a profile picture. I'm afraid that changing your bike details isn't likely to stop them from knocking, now.]

Slipstream
21st September 2004, 11:32
Better update your 'current bike' to reflect that then, or you'll have all the boys knocking on your door wanting a ride and being disappointed.

[Edit: I see you've uploaded a profile picture. I'm afraid that changing your bike details isn't likely to stop them from knocking, now.]

Will do :) :niceone:

[But I know someone who might :whistle: ]

marty
21st September 2004, 11:37
so what is the HB riding at the moment?

Slipstream
21st September 2004, 11:41
so what is the HB riding at the moment?

Unfortunately nothing at the moment. :no: :crybaby:
Lack of funds and the such. But Next year promises to be very exciting on the 2 wheel front. :niceone:

So till then I'm stuck on the back ... i must be mad :crazy:

Mongoose
21st September 2004, 11:53
Unfortunately nothing at the moment. :no: :crybaby:
Lack of funds and the such. But Next year promises to be very exciting on the 2 wheel front. :niceone:

So till then I'm stuck on the back ... i must be mad :crazy:

Hmmmm, can we all reserve a decision on the madness, waits for proof either way :yeah: :banana:

Cajun
21st September 2004, 12:05
Cajun waves @ The Handbrake.

jrandom - i already knocked on Handbrakes door dc:<

White trash
21st September 2004, 12:10

Spunky!!!!!!

Will do :) :niceone:

[But I know someone who might :whistle: ]

Do you wanna borrow Uncle Deano, Cycosis and Jimbo? They're gonna look after my daughters when they're a bit older, I'm sure they'd be happy to oblidge. :niceone:

marty
21st September 2004, 12:14
i've heard the r1 is a good first bike. predictable handling, good brakes, cheap to insure. actually, talk to wkid - i think he was learning on his one, and i'm pretty sure he liked it

White trash
21st September 2004, 12:18
i've heard the r1 is a good first bike. predictable handling, good brakes, cheap to insure. actually, talk to wkid - i think he was learning on his one, and i'm pretty sure he liked it

S'Funny. I heard they were absolute mongrels that spat top level riders with little provocation?

:killingme

Slipstream
21st September 2004, 12:26
S'Funny. I heard they were absolute mongrels that spat top level riders with little provocation?

:killingme

Lucky I'm not a top level rider then innit :p

Nah, I love R1's, but I think I might just get a wee lil' 250. Unless I can get my 'Full' by the time I get my bike.
Maybe an Aprillia will do the trick ;)

Slipstream
21st September 2004, 12:33
Hmmmm, can we all reserve a decision on the madness, waits for proof either way :yeah: :banana:

You just need to ask my kid for a reference.
It would go something like this:

MG: 'Who are you?'
Kid: 'I'm the number one chick!'
MG: 'Who's your Dad?'
Kid: 'He's da man!'
MG: 'Who's your Mum?'
Kid: 'She's crazy ... wooOOOOooo :wacko: '

It's great to have a brainwashed kid ... thanks Dad! :calm: ... :kick:

jrandom
21st September 2004, 12:38

Yeah, I heard the same. Seems the better a rider you are, the less likely you are to stay upright on one of 'em.

In fact, Rossi probably couldn't even get a leg over an R1 on the stand without being spat off.

So, perfect for a learner then.

Motu
21st September 2004, 12:43
Motu means island - maybe I'm an island to myself.The name is shortened from Motupaika - an onomatopoeia in Maori for motorcycle...say it fast with a porirua accent.I resemble my username for sure.

I thought all threads finished with one of my last word posts - all new pages seem to be mine too.

Slipstream
21st September 2004, 12:57
Motu means island - maybe I'm an island to myself.The name is shortened from Motupaika - an onomatopoeia in Maori for motorcycle...say it fast with a porirua accent.I resemble my username for sure.

Um....where the :pinch: is Motupaika? Do you come from there?

marty
21st September 2004, 13:12
Um....where the :pinch: is Motupaika? Do you come from there?
OMG.

you should soooo get yourself an R1. or an aprilia. the RSV's are pretty docile i've heard