PDA

View Full Version : New bike and winter's here!! ughhh

Ange!
21st June 2007, 22:25
Got 12 wks to go on my restricted and am gonna have to do a DD course in a car as don't think I can keep away from my new ride. Will only put me 6 wks ahead but that seems a lifetime right now !!!

Rashika
26th June 2007, 09:34
Welcome to KB Ange... good luck on the licence thing, tell us more about ya bike ;)

SDU
26th June 2007, 11:45
Welcome to the nuthouse!
Time will soon roll past & winter will be over & you'll be sitting sweet with your full.
Whats the new ride!

surfchick
26th June 2007, 20:17
i have a bad habbit of buying bikes just as winter comes on. first my learners bike, the trusty srv250 (april) and now me ducati... (april) right about the time when the clocks change and the day is shorter and auckland turns into an endless rain-bath of southwesterlies... that's right when i decide to spend every penny i have on a bike... ;)

oh yes and welcome:rockon:

Ange!
30th June 2007, 20:05
Neat red custom 1200 - absolutely georgeous - now I just have to keep it lookin that way!

Lissa
30th June 2007, 20:29
Neat red custom 1200 - absolutely georgeous - now I just have to keep it lookin that way!

Welcome to KB Ange! Enjoy the new bike.. and hope you pass your test... 12 weeks must feel so far away. Reminds me I should sit my Restricted... :mellow:

:Punk:

Ange!
30th June 2007, 21:46
Hi Lissa-yep get your restricted out of the way. I'm giving in in and doing the DD course so I should be set to do my full license round the 23rd or so of July all goin well......

kiwi cowboy
1st July 2007, 15:04
hey ange good luck with the test.
Horsesvshorsepower eh best o both worlds giddy up yeeehaaa

Ange!
12th July 2007, 22:10
Yep a clydie x and a welshy for Torque and thoroghbred/hanoverian for speed,
Just depends on the mood!

Ange!
14th August 2007, 18:10
Yahoo! now have my full license, was pouring and cold when I sat it last Monday. On rolled Sunday and took my first ride on the 1200 -what a blast, now I can't wait for the weekend - was keen before but am totally addicted now. No more hoping that I can get passed slower traffic - just open up and go. Now to get some ks under my belt as headin to Invers in November -Another of the 40 +rs!

surfchick
14th August 2007, 18:15
OMG 250 to 1200 omg oooomg five times the power, five times the mayhem, five times fun :Punk: enjoy

SDU
15th August 2007, 16:34
Congrats:rockon:
Where are the pics of your new bike? Hope the weather warms up & you get more rides in

Cave Cleaner
15th August 2007, 16:39
Yahoo! now have my full license, was pouring and cold when I sat it last Monday. On rolled Sunday and took my first ride on the 1200 -what a blast, now I can't wait for the weekend - was keen before but am totally addicted now. No more hoping that I can get passed slower traffic - just open up and go. Now to get some ks under my belt as headin to Invers in November -Another of the 40 +rs!
WOW!!!!!! That is a big jump if I say so myself. Take care out there, and ""ENJOY""

Sparky Bills
15th August 2007, 16:43
Welcome.
Winter should be starting to let off a bit now.....maybe....actually... are we that lucky?

BMW
16th August 2007, 18:44
that is a big jump- ride careful. Good to see more people on bikes too!

Ange!
17th August 2007, 18:59
Thanks - I intend to take my time to really get to know this bike - so far very forgiving, balanced, comfortable and heaps of fun - what more could a gal want!:innocent:

Mrs Oakie
24th September 2007, 19:46
Wow 1200........I am still getting used to my EL250! I am riding again after 25 years and am just loving it. I don't think I could do that size jump, besides my bum is too close to the ground so i am pretty restricted in the seat height of a bike. Mr oakie says that he has a buyer for my baby next year so i could look for a bigger one but I think i will have to grow some balls before I do that. At least the weather is starting to heat up now so we can go for longer rides and not freeze my tits off!!!! Well done in passing your license and have fun. :niceone:

Ange!
25th September 2007, 22:14
Hi Mrs Oakie, I thinks its one of those cases where size in cc s don't matter! Seated my feet are flat on the ground so feel secure. Definitely respect the power at my fingertips - but am pleased to have it as at times have felt intimidated by others on the road trying to crowd me. Nice to know I can remove myself from their influence with a flick of the wrist - I'm outa there!!

Rashika
26th September 2007, 05:18
hey ange, we haven't seen a pic of your new beast yet! C'mon out of the closet with you ;)

and just a query, have you still got the GN? I might have a buyer if you do

Mrs Oakie
21st October 2007, 22:49
Hi Girls
Since my last posting my EL 250 was stolen!:(:( The police have the plate and all but no luck. Well I decided it was time to move on and went on the hunt for the next ride. I found it at Just Motorcycles!! A cute CB 250 Jade. I sat on it and well the rest is history. I haven't got the check yet but what the hell. I can't believe how much I missed being out on the road and that was just after 4 months. I went and got the bike yesterday and have had a couple of rides. It is so nice to be on the road again and it goes ....... Well I can't believe how well it goes...tomorrow I may get out onto the open road and really see how it goes...I really miss the EL. First love and all that :2thumbsup May get out on the road with you all soon!!! By the way it looks just like Oakies but smaller. They look so CUTE together in the garage......maybe little Hondas may happen......and mine is definately shinier:hug:

Oakie
21st October 2007, 22:59
They look so CUTE together in the garage......maybe little Hondas may happen......and mine is definately shinier:hug:

Grrr. Yeah, means I've got to clean mine now.
Oh feck ... now she's gone out to the garage to tuck it in. I kid you not. She said she was going out to check the garage door was closed and then I noticed as I type that the garage door swings up and the light goes on. Much cuddling going on now doubt.
(She came in and said she put grand-daughter's nappies in the dryer ... TUI!)

Toaster
21st October 2007, 23:22
Thanks - I intend to take my time to really get to know this bike - so far very forgiving, balanced, comfortable and heaps of fun - what more could a gal want!:innocent:

Apart from a rich man, mansion, yacht, holiday home in a tax haven somewhere hot????

But seriously... enjoy your new bike! I wish you safe and fun riding out there.

Ange!
27th October 2007, 15:41
Hey Rashika- re GN my son has claimed it. I was using it for work but now he's taking it to school, poor wee bike has not long had the L plate off n now its back on again - bit sad really for me cause was a nice way to start the day!!

Rashika
28th October 2007, 07:06
ah its funny how they often end up doing that, being passed around. :whistle:
My first bike, a GN as well, went first to one sister to learn on, then the other, then a friend of the others, then that friends dad, and last I heard it was still with him (and that woulda been about 10 years ago now). They simply keep on trucking the ole GN's.

alley cat
1st November 2007, 06:35
Lookin forward to seeing the hog out and about.
Sportys rock:woohoo:

Ange!
10th November 2007, 19:02
Heading to Invers for Burt Munro, think I got the last size s chill-out shirt in NZ arrived in post this morning - no offense to sthlnders- but temps have looked a little low lately:rolleyes:

Mrs Oakie
3rd December 2007, 20:27
Since my last post the police have arrested two little shits for the theft of my eliminator. They are 22 and 18. One goes to court on the 7th to plead and the other one has a hearing on 10th as he decided to plead not guilty. The police found the frame of my bike in his garage and he decided that that was how the bike was delivered to him!!!!! I think his van was there as well. No he didn't do it!!! Will keep you informed of the outcome of these hearings. :girlfight:

turtleman
3rd December 2007, 20:36
Woohoo ! Good to hear the police managed to actually apprehend someone.
I've had two bikes pinched, and my ute. Found the ute (burnt out) but never heard anything about either bike.