PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got some spare cash?

scott411
22nd June 2007, 10:05
can want to own a bike park,

thundercross valley bike park is up for sale today, auction at the glen murray hall at 2pm

barty5
22nd June 2007, 10:27
wonder if who ever buys it will keep it going or revert back to just farming the land hopefully it will stay open or we loose some were else to ride. hopefully they see that its a good little side bussiness.

Teava
22nd June 2007, 10:29
I hope they dont shut it down!!
They said they were gonna re-open the motocross track.
Would be a real bummer if the new owners dont want to carry on with it.

takitimu
22nd June 2007, 11:05
That's not good, I've never been there ( I live 3 hours north of auckland ), but the more bike parks there are the better I reckon.

P.S. Why the heck do I not win 12million lotto draws the weekend before a post like this :).

Danger
22nd June 2007, 11:13
They have been trying to sell that farm for at least 2 years that I am aware off. Good luck to them for todays auction and thanks for offering the facillity while it has been in their ownership.

charles23
22nd June 2007, 11:41
hope it stays open, good tracks and cheap riding

JimO
22nd June 2007, 13:04
your cheap riding days may be over, the new owner will want to start getting some $$$ back

charles23
22nd June 2007, 14:35
may not sell

Teava
22nd June 2007, 15:31
Hey i wonder what there gonna do with all their RMZ400 that they hire out?
Could be some cheap bikes up for grabs!

dammad1
22nd June 2007, 20:40
Yeah hes been trying to sell it for a while now. I was talking to a potential buyer there about six months ago who was asking about the park and was quite keen on developing it, but his wife didn't look over keen.

I will be gutted if we lose it.

Hopefully it doesn't sell and decides to put some more effort into the place.

cheese
22nd June 2007, 22:07
Like get rid of those whore pellets that everyone slips on on the A loop.

Hope they keep it open. Awesome place to ride!! Even if you crash inot a tree.... ouchy....

Firefight
23rd June 2007, 08:36
If its sells !. and thats a big if, it would be very unlikely that anyone other than a bike lover would keep that size property as a bike park !

were talkin major money here !,

there was a rumor going around in the local farming community that the narrow minded pricks that tried to stop James setting up a bike park in the first place(the ones that cost him $KKKKKKKKKK in legal fees for the resorce consents) are going to bid on it, and if that happens.... no more bike park !

and even if another buyer is found it may be that the resorce consent are not inheritted (sp?) and the new owner may have to go back to scratch and start all over.

we can only hope.

F/F

dammad1
23rd June 2007, 10:28
Yeah that will really suck, thats why we have to support the bike parks we have like woodhill, because we might just end up with no where to ride at all!