PDA

View Full Version : WIMA Motorcycle Club "Linen Run"

SpankMe
13th July 2003, 21:50
I will try and drag my arse out of bed early for this run this Sunday.

<h5>The Womens Refuge Week (21-27 July)</h5>This is WIMA'S main charity and for the last 12 years the Linen Run has been held around NZ as a means of fund raising as well as raising awareness for the Refuges work. Aucklands first run was in 1994.

<u>This year the Linen Run will be held on 20th July.</u>
Ride details as follows-

<b>9.30am</b> - meet at Mechanics Bay, Auckland Waterfront. This the home of the Westpac Helicopter.
<b>10.00am</b> - Ride leaves and makes it's way to Motomail, 2-4 Western Springs Rd, Kingland.
Linen Run badges available on the day.
There will be a Mystery prize draw at the end of the run.
Any donations of new or used linen, towels, bedding or childrens and adults clothing very welcome.
Any old household items you no longer use but are still in working order would also be welcome.
Any items too large to take along the day can be dropped off prior to run or can be picked up.For more information contact Marion - 09 270 3306.

Kwaka-Kid
19th July 2003, 23:00
WHOS THERE?!

im keen, might take the big yellow GS out.. if anyone sees me on it be sure to introduce urself! :)

wkid_one
20th July 2003, 08:31
Shit - you mena you're gonna actually ride?

SPman
20th July 2003, 09:04
I'll be there

Kwaka-Kid
20th July 2003, 09:41
shit? its already started hey?!

fuck, the night wasnt as boring as i thought it would have been.&nbsp; damn bloody sleepyness

SpankMe
20th July 2003, 18:08
It turned out to be a nice day for a short ride. Good to see a few KB members out there. Only took a couple of photos which I have added to the gallery.

I must figure out a good way to take photos while riding. Images of bikes on the move are much better than bikers loitering about their parked machines.

SPman
20th July 2003, 21:17
Well. a record turnout for what is normally a small run - the power of a bit of advertising??&nbsp; Now, if we can only convince them to make the ride a bit longer.............:niceone:

Big Dog
21st July 2003, 20:45
a tripod mount shouldn't be too hard to mount to your triple clamp and a cable release to a thumb trigger similar to foggy's back brake should be easy to customise.

Any decent engineer should be able to do it.
Cheers, Big Dog
:whistle:

What?
22nd July 2003, 06:41
Any good camera shop should be able to supply you with a camera mount that looks a lot like a G-clamp. This should clamp on to the bars or mirror stem easily enough - just attach a strap between yourself and the camera in case it does let loose!:D

Big Dog
22nd July 2003, 19:12
Originally posted by What?
Any good camera shop should be able to supply you with a camera mount that looks a lot like a G-clamp. This should clamp on to the bars or mirror stem easily enough - just attach a strap between yourself and the camera in case it does let loose!:D
Or to a sissy bar for rearward facing shots of those following but that would take some practice with a remote release to get decent oncoming photos of those facing you.:rockon: