PDA

View Full Version : Three explosions? - Upper Harbour

Anyone here from the greenhithe / upper harbour area just hear three huge bangs at about 10? I'm talking to the point they shook the floor a little and tiped my lamp over.

Can't see anything on the herald, but I'm 95.6584% sure I didn't imagine it.

LilSel
22nd June 2007, 10:28
Anyone here from the greenhithe / upper harbour area just hear three huge bangs at about 10? I'm talking to the point they shook the floor a little and tiped my lamp over.

Thunder lol...

& Hail too.... In im penrose... and the thunder shook the building here :) apparently HUGE hailstones out west... they weren't so big here tho

Nah, not thunder, I've heard thunder and this was short, sharp and regular.

Odd I know... only other thing I thought is that someone's been hit by lightning, but it's pissing it down so I'll check later.

Swoop
22nd June 2007, 10:33
Perhaps it was from Hobsonville airbase???

LilSel
22nd June 2007, 10:33
Nah, not thunder, I've heard thunder and this was short, sharp and regular.

Odd I know... only other thing I thought is that someone's been hit by lightning, but it's pissing it down so I'll check later.

There is a current power outage in Birkenhead... it was first reported at 10.17am... may have something to do with it??... it is currently under investigation and estimated restoration time is 12.30...

That what I figured... just seeing if anyone else in the area heard anything.

Scared the shit outta me eh... was asleep at the time, then jumped outta bed ready to kill anything I saw... the cat just laughed at me.

yod
22nd June 2007, 10:46
someone is finally getting rid of auckland? :woohoo::niceone:

bladez
22nd June 2007, 11:08
someone is finally getting rid of auckland? :woohoo::niceone::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SARGE
22nd June 2007, 11:12

wasnt me .. i had nothing to do with it..:innocent:

maybe its Al Qaeda

Big Dave
22nd June 2007, 12:50

Wake Palmy up and tell it.

Crasherfromwayback
22nd June 2007, 12:52

Don't bother mate....better to leave them asleep.

nadroj
22nd June 2007, 13:03
Aussie F111's are in the country at the mo (low level terrain navigation) & are one of few that can break the sound barrier at low level. It may have been accidental (yeah right) but with thunder around they may have thought about getting away with it.

Swoop
22nd June 2007, 13:09
Aussie F111's are in the country at the mo & are one of few that can break the sound barrier at low level. It may have been accidental (yeah right) but with thunder around they may have thought about getting away with it.
It's definately thunder then! :whistle:

Go, you good Ockers!!!!!!:Punk:

johnnyflash
22nd June 2007, 13:09
yep same here, I was in Ponsonby at that time and the thunder rolls shook the ladder I was on nearly left brown marks behind :-)

peasea
22nd June 2007, 13:14

Tell them to wait until I've packed my bags.

YLWDUC
22nd June 2007, 13:25

Nope, Hobsonville is closed (99%) and although some of the ammo dumps are still there, all the really cool shit has been moved down to Ohakea.

Maha
22nd June 2007, 13:27
all the really cool shit has been moved down to Ohakea.

To be stored close to the other cool shit?.... like the Skyhawks?...:shutup:

YLWDUC
22nd June 2007, 13:30
Skyhawks are only cool with a New Zealand frame of reference. Compared to a Herc, almost anything is cool. Put a skyhawk next to an A-10 or a Super Hornet and the poor little thing looks a little decrepit

yod
22nd June 2007, 14:05
Tell them to wait until I've packed my bags.

i've decided we're moving the centre of the known universe to Gore - cos it just has the coooolest name:woohoo:

Swoop
22nd June 2007, 14:09
Nope, Hobsonville is closed (99%) and although some of the ammo dumps are still there, all the really cool shit has been moved down to Ohakea.
It could, however, be the people who go there to "play"....

Daffyd
22nd June 2007, 15:47
i've decided we're moving the centre of the known universe to Gore - cos it just has the coooolest name:woohoo:

I thought that was the centre of the universe! :gob:

sAsLEX
22nd June 2007, 18:01
Skyhawks are only cool with a New Zealand frame of reference. Compared to a Herc, almost anything is cool. Put a skyhawk next to an A-10 or a Super Hornet and the poor little thing looks a little decrepit

Argentina thought they were pretty cool!

Steam
22nd June 2007, 18:08

They could be implosive connecters, used to splice high voltage wires. They are refurbishing the transmission wires near where I live, BOOM all day. Blaady big, thought it was a bomb at first, then it happened again, and again.

Paul in NZ
22nd June 2007, 18:24
Probly all the P labs blowing up! Good job too...

kro
22nd June 2007, 18:32
Could have been transformers blowing up, they can make a bit of noise.

El Dopa
23rd June 2007, 13:51
Could have been transformers blowing up, they can make a bit of noise.

Especially when they change from cars an' stuff into giant robots.

0arbreaka
23rd June 2007, 14:11
XxXH_CBrj2A

Marknz
23rd June 2007, 14:36
Argentina thought they were pretty cool!

And look where it got them...