PDA

View Full Version : Newbie (rideNroot)

rideNroot
24th June 2007, 00:09
So i've just got my learners licence, in the market for a 250cc bike (currently looking at a bandit) & am taking lessons from a local school.

Hello there!

cowboy
24th June 2007, 00:26
Good on ya mate & welcome :yes:
When you get your bike ride safe:scooter:
Lots of people here willing to help if you need it

Mom
24th June 2007, 15:01
Welcome to KB and congratulations on getting your learners. Now the fun bit eh? Choosing what bike to buy. Make sure you also invest in the best safety gear that you can afford too!

tri boy
24th June 2007, 17:29
Welcome to the nest.
You'll forget about reality shortly.:crazy:

Scorpygirl
24th June 2007, 17:38
Welcome to KB mate!!! Good luck in finding a bike that's just right for you. :scooter: Please don't feed the animals after dark!! :dodge:

Delphinus
24th June 2007, 17:41
Welcome, great to have another Dunedin rider :)

Trudes
24th June 2007, 17:48
Welcome to KB. I love the name, cracked me up!!!!:scooter: N :yeah: , sorta....

BuFfY
24th June 2007, 17:56
Welcome to the site :sunny:

Stickchick
24th June 2007, 18:48
Welcome to KB and congratulations on getting your learners

rideNroot
24th June 2007, 19:51
thanks everyone!
Gotta say, been trolling these forums for several weeks now, what a massive resource.
I've got a good idea about what equipment to buy now, and realise I'm going to have to spend a pretty penny on it. Without reading threads here I probably would have cruised around in jeans and a jacket.

Decided a GN250 is not my kinda first bike, but instead would prefer a GSF 250 bandit or similar so I have the power to increase my skills after learning the basic stuff.

nadroj
24th June 2007, 20:45
So i've just got my learners licence, in the market for a 250cc bike (currently looking at a bandit) & am taking lessons from a local school.

Hello there!

Welcome!
May I ask what type of lessons you are taking at the local school..... Riding or ....ing? I may be interested!

rideNroot
25th June 2007, 14:24
I guess it's not so much lessons as structured practice.. The guy from the dunedin riding school puts his cones out at the stadium carpark and for $60 a hour you get to scoot around while getting advice. Certainly has helped with my confidence!
Am going again on wednesday (assuming it's not snowing:cold:) so will have more to report then.

Pretty sure the missus would rather I don't practice anything else there!

Str8 Jacket
25th June 2007, 14:29
I guess it's not so much lessons as structured practice..(only 1 fullstop necessary) The guy from the Dunedin riding school puts his cones out at the stadium carpark and for $60 an hour you get to scoot around while getting advice. Certainly has helped with my confidence!
Am going again on Wednesday (assuming it's not snowing:cold:) so will have more to report then.

Pretty sure the missus would rather I don't practice anything else there!

Welcome to KB mate. Love the name! Just so that you can "fit into" KB a bit better I have edited your post. Please ensure correct use of punctuation, grammar, full stops, spelling, etc etc. Or you may be asked to leave....

(joking)

Bend-it
25th June 2007, 15:19
Welcome, the bandit's a good bike! It was my first 'proper' bike. Good looking, good handling and plenty quick... Have fun!

T-Thunder13
25th June 2007, 20:09
Welcome to KB mate. Love the name! Just so that you can "fit into" KB a bit better I have edited your post. Please ensure correct use of punctuation, grammar, full stops, spelling, etc etc. Or you may be asked to leave....

(joking)

hahaha you bitch. youl scare the poor boy off. nice avitar tho.

rideNroot
25th June 2007, 20:51
That's fine! I could get used to having my own personal spell-checker. You available business hours Str8 Jacket?