PDA

View Full Version : Chch - Welly

marty
24th June 2007, 20:37
Friend of mine has today bought a 2003 150cc vespa from Chch. i was down there today at a 40th, and had a look at it, and she has bought it. it's her 3rd vespa - 1 got stolen and a classic 1960's one was written off.

she wants to deliver it to wellington, but i'm thinking about popping down and riding it up for her.

should be in a few weeks if anyone's keen for a convoy - it happily sits @ 110km/h

Kickaha
24th June 2007, 21:03
Depends on the date, but I might be interested as far as Kaikoura

onearmedbandit
24th June 2007, 21:16
Yeah I could be in for the same.

Deviant Esq
24th June 2007, 21:32
Date dependant, but I should be able to come along. There's a bike that can't get away from me! :lol:

scootnz
25th June 2007, 14:54
Should be a good ride. Who's your friend? Hope she does better with scoot #3 - if she wants to get together with a few other scooterists in Welly ask her to get in touch with me.

Str8 Jacket
25th June 2007, 14:58
Friend of mine has today bought a 2003 150cc vespa from Chch.

should be in a few weeks if anyone's keen for a convoy - it happily sits @ 110km/h

Was gonna ask how fast they went....

Thats pretty reasonable really! No worse than a GN250, lol!

Winter
25th June 2007, 15:48
I have two containers leaving christchurch on monday heading to welly.. If you don't end up riding it, I may be able to assist... If theres room.

NighthawkNZ
25th June 2007, 16:32
it's her 3rd vespa - 1 got stolen and a classic 1960's one was written off.

Well that just plain sux... :angry:

oh luck with the trip back up... :)

Trudes
25th June 2007, 19:03
Date dependant, but I should be able to come along. There's a bike that can't get away from me! :lol:

Are you sure about that?:dodge: LOL

Deviant Esq
25th June 2007, 19:15
Are you sure about that?:dodge: LOL
Oi you! :bleh: Of the two of us I think we'd be in agreeance as to who rides more like a nana... and it isn't me! :nya:

You know, from that point of view, we really should swap bikes donchaknow... you know, match bikes with riding styles and all that... :dodge:

Don't make me come up there! :spanking: :innocent:

Trudes
25th June 2007, 19:17
Oi you! :bleh: Of the two of us I think we'd be in agreeance as to who rides more like a nana... and it isn't me! :nya:

You know, from that point of view, we really should swap bikes donchaknow... you know, match bikes with riding styles and all that... :dodge:

Don't make me come up there! :spanking: :innocent:

Do you want a race?

Deviant Esq
25th June 2007, 19:20
Do you want a race?
Hmm, let's see now... 900cc (919cc even) water cooled four cylinder versus 250cc air cooled single cylinder (but with a better looking rider :whistle:)... yep, sounds like a perfectly even matchup, so you're on ;)

Trudes
25th June 2007, 19:25
Hmm, let's see now... 900cc (919cc even) water cooled four cylinder versus 250cc air cooled single cylinder (but with a better looking rider :whistle:)... yep, sounds like a perfectly even matchup, so you're on ;)

Just what are you trying to say? :mellow:
I already know my bike is bigger and sexier than yours, but are you trying to tell me that not only am I slow but you're better looking.....?? phuuu, them's some words that you may live to regret me thinks!!:Pokey:
Anyway... wasn't this thread about getting a scooter from ChCh to Welly? I was referring to giving you a race on that!! :shutup:

Deviant Esq
25th June 2007, 19:35
Just what are you trying to say? :mellow:
I already know my bike is bigger and sexier than yours, but are you trying to tell me that not only am I slow but you're better looking.....?? phuuu, them's some words that you may live to regret me thinks!!:Pokey:
Anyway... wasn't this thread about getting a scooter from ChCh to Welly? I was referring to giving you a race on that!! :shutup:
Classic! :lol:
You were referring to hopping on the vespa and giving me a race? LOL, that'd be fun I reckon! 5km stretch of twisties and back, swap bikes and do it again! Whee! Other people would look at us like we're mad though. :shutup:

Your bike is much bigger than mine and after seeing it in the flesh and having a sit, yep, definitely sexier too. Don't rub it in, it's not I like I have a choice of riding a bigger bike! :weep:

Might be a closer battle on the looks front, though very difficult to quanify on account of being opposite sexes! Might have to call it a tie on that one... :pinch:

Trudes
25th June 2007, 19:41
Classic! :lol:
You were referring to hopping on the vespa and giving me a race? LOL, that'd be fun I reckon! 5km stretch of twisties and back, swap bikes and do it again! Whee! Other people would look at us like we're mad though. :shutup:

Absolutely, let 'em look, I'm used to making a spectacle of myself!! Step into my world!:devil2:

Might be a closer battle on the looks front, though very difficult to quanify on account of being opposite sexes! Might have to call it a tie on that one... :pinch:

ooh, love thy self much??!!:shutup: :love:
Anyway, time to shush now before we get told off!!

Kendog
25th June 2007, 21:28
Might be a closer battle on the looks front

Anyway, time to shush now before we get told off!!

I think we all know I am the looker with the sexy bike :blip:

Deviant Esq
25th June 2007, 22:52
I think we all know I am the looker with the sexy bike :blip:
Dunno about the looker part (actually honestly since I've never even seen a picture of you and even then, I'm no judge of men... cowpoos might be able to help you there ;))... but that GSXR sure is a damn sexy bike. I especially like the body coloured trim around the wheel rims, really tops it off and sets it apart. I spose at the very least we can safely say you've got good taste, although it is a Suzuki... :whistle:

[Hauls himself back on topic] I'm sure the Vespa is a nice looking machine too... :confused:

Kendog
25th June 2007, 23:28
although it is a Suzuki... :whistle:

Tell me about it. It's not easy having a Suzuki in our Honda garage.

Deviant Esq
25th June 2007, 23:37
Tell me about it. It's not easy having a Suzuki in our Honda garage.
At least you have a garage! I've got a Suzuki as well (perhaps a few tenths short of the calibre of your bike... maybe... :confused:)... but no garage at all! My bike shivers under a cover around the side of my house. Yet another reason why I hate this place! :weep:

I still think you should have donated your CB900 to me. Yes, that's definitely where you went wrong... :nya:

I really can't fault you for buying the GSXR750 though, there's really nothing quite like it on the market. Simply put, it is that good.

Kendog
25th June 2007, 23:40
At least you have a garage! I've got a Suzuki as well (perhaps a few tenths short of the calibre of your bike... maybe... :confused:)... but no garage at all! My bike shivers under a cover around the side of my house. Yet another reason why I hate this place! :weep:

I still think you should have donated your CB900 to me. Yes, that's definitely where you went wrong... :nya:

I really can't fault you for buying the GSXR750, there's really nothing quite like it on the market.

Our first bike (also a Suzuki) started life under a cover next to a house bus :shit:

Pretty sure I offered the Hornet to ya. Not exactly as donation, but pretty close.

Deviant Esq
25th June 2007, 23:54
Our first bike (also a Suzuki) started life under a cover next to a house bus :shit:

Pretty sure I offered the Hornet to ya. Not exactly as donation, but pretty close.
The NZ's been a perfect first bike. I bought it sight unseen (I consider that pretty brave now I think about it... brave or stupid), and nudemetalz rode it all the way down from Newlands (where? ;)) for me, just because he could. Course, he's nuts, if it had rained he'da been screwed, after five minutes of rain the bike would crap out before me and T.W.R fixed up the electrics which were the cause of that little gremlin.

Nope, you didn't offer the Hornet to me. I'd dig up the PM to prove it if I still had it, but I don't. IIRC you would have liked to offer it to me, but someone else already had first dibs - if you ever were to sell it, that is ;)
You never had to offer it for sale on KB because... hell, why am I writing this, you know what happened! It was too early for me anyway (probably still is), I just thought it looked grouse and would have loved to take it for a ride. I guess I'll have to settle for pinching the GSXR instead, such a shame... :innocent:

Holy shit, way off topic! Quick! Um... Yeah, Vespa, to Welly... um... keep up... err... fuck it, run! :eek:

Kendog
26th June 2007, 00:19
The NZ's been a perfect first bike. I bought it sight unseen (I consider that pretty brave now I think about it... brave or stupid), and nudemetalz rode it all the way down from Newlands (where? ;)) for me, just because he could. Course, he's nuts, if it had rained he'da been screwed, after five minutes of rain the bike would crap out before me and T.W.R fixed up the electrics which were the cause of that little gremlin.

Nope, you didn't offer the Hornet to me. I'd dig up the PM to prove it if I still had it, but I don't. IIRC you would have liked to offer it to me, but someone else already had first dibs - if you ever were to sell it, that is ;)
You never had to offer it for sale on KB because... hell, why am I writing this, you know what happened! It was too early for me anyway (probably still is), I just thought it looked grouse and would have loved to take it for a ride. I guess I'll have to settle for pinching the GSXR instead, such a shame... :innocent:

Holy shit, way off topic! Quick! Um... Yeah, Vespa, to Welly... um... keep up... err... fuck it, run! :eek:

Oh yeah, thats right. The bike sold itself so I was forced to buy a Suzuki :yes:

And yeah, Vespa this, Vespa that.

elle-f
26th June 2007, 06:15
Do you want a race?

OMG i am in! an oldie nana rider on a bike from the 80s........sounds great! you two had better watch it although give me about an hours start if its a 100km race kk.

Trudes
26th June 2007, 06:57
Ok, so the race is.... I'm going to ride Dev Esq's NZ, he's going to ride the Vespa and Elle's going to ride her Radian, although Elle, you do have an unfair advantage with that custom shield an all!!:yes:

Kendog
26th June 2007, 09:58
Ok, so the race is.... I'm going to ride Dev Esq's NZ, he's going to ride the Vespa and Elle's going to ride her Radian, although Elle, you do have an unfair advantage with that custom shield an all!!:yes:

Lets just hope the future Vespa owner is not a KB member. What would they be thinking.

Sniper
26th June 2007, 10:31
Depending, I might be headin up to Blen. Wouldnt mind tagging along