PDA

View Full Version : Rattling off a corner in Raglan...

gijoe1313
25th June 2007, 17:47
Well, what can I say? I binned my lovely little ol'Hornet on Friday night! :weep:

I was riding back from Raglan after visiting a mate down there - I was dropping off his laptop and some odds and sods. Long story short, there I was pootling along, conditions were night, rainy and windy so I wasn't doing anything too stupid (yeah, okay - riding in the night, rainy and windy might be a tad stupid! :innocent:)

Done getting out from an uphill twisty section (for those who know Raglan road, it's the section with all the 35kph corners) and doing around 70-100 (you don't look at the speedo right! :lol:)

Came over to a right-hander and crested the top ... and the front washed out :pinch: low side into the corner and lucky me, ended up in some nice bull rushes by the side.

Picked myself up, gave my head a shake and first thought was "Dang! How's my bike!?" :o You know, the usual thing...

Well, along comes a nice couple in a cage and they stop. The man gives me a hand to pull the bike out and they wait around too see if I can get the bike going again! Nice!

After a little fiddle here and there, my little ol'hornet fires up easy as you like and away we go! Woo hoo! No standing around in the middle of nowhere at 10.30pm for me! :sweatdrop

Anyhows, rode home with no right handle grip, just the smidgen of a broken throttle turner to keep it going and some wonky looking clocks! The front brake lever snapped clean off, but just enough of a nub to be able to use it! Rear brake peg bent back but still abled to be used as well.

Injuries were a bruised left hand, guess it must have been banged against the side of the tank (swollen up to look like Shrek's green paw!) and a minor graze of my right knee (was wearing draggin's and they did the bizzo!) Quasi gloves took a right hammering - the right one is well farked (knuckle guard armour burnt right off! :eek5:) Just goes to show that ATGATT is a must! :yes:

Would have posted this up earlier, but was too busy helping the olds! :mellow: Ah well, any excuse to work on my little ol'Hornet! Some sraping down the right side and a little paint work scratched off. Photos to come!

Lesson learnt : No good deed ever goes unpunished! :rofl:

Blackbird
25th June 2007, 17:53
Sorry to hear that. Funnily enough, 2 people I know have had recent tankslappers on that road due to greasy conditions and someone else I know said that it was really slippery on Sunday.

Hope it doesn't cost you too much to fix.

G

MyGSXF
25th June 2007, 17:59
:shit: bugger!!!!! :mellow: glad to hear you are relatively ok though!!!!!!!! :yes: that's the main thing!!!!!!!!!! :Punk:

Hope it doesn't take much to get her mended, & you both back on the road!!!! :scooter:

Jen :rockon:

HenryDorsetCase
25th June 2007, 18:02
ah suck. still, bikes can be fixed more easily than people so like you say: ATGATT pays off.

gijoe1313
25th June 2007, 18:05
Sorry to hear that. Funnily enough, 2 people I know have had recent tankslappers on that road due to greasy conditions and someone else I know said that it was really slippery on Sunday.

Hope it doesn't cost you too much to fix.

G

Yeah, I can well appreciate that sentiment now! Forgot to mention it in my first post here, there was frikk'n pea gravel strewn across the crest and apex point - how I forgot to mention that! :doh: Wasn't much, just a light scattering of the stuff.

doc
25th June 2007, 18:05
Went down there last weds for lunch, just as this recent cold spell hit us. It was colder than the South Island. Those roads are really greasy now with all those shiny smooth tarseal patches usually right on the corner too. Got wetter and colder on a 2hr journey than a week in the South Island.

gijoe1313
25th June 2007, 18:08
ah suck. still, bikes can be fixed more easily than people so like you say: ATGATT pays off.

Yep - I'm still tip toeing around mum! :innocent: Told her I dropped an engine on myself servicing it ... :whistle: No use worrying her about the details!

I kept my head off the deck by looking at my feet and I think I did a rolly-polly once before settling nicely into the soft weeds by the side, got a ton of mud over me! I think my hands were palm up sliding across since they both have damage on their uppers. Can't stress enough how good Quasi's gloves held up. My hands would have been munted without them (just have two little grazes above my 2nd and 3rd finger knuckles)

tri boy
25th June 2007, 18:11
Sorry about your off.
The Divvy is a bit greasy due to weather, shade, diesel etc.
Glad mother nature had some vegetation there. Theres some fairly nasty drops on that section.

gijoe1313
25th June 2007, 18:13
Went down there last weds for lunch, just as this recent cold spell hit us. It was colder than the South Island. Those roads are really greasy now with all those shiny smooth tarseal patches usually right on the corner too. Got wetter and colder on a 2hr journey than a week in the South Island.

Yep, I went down to Raglan via SH22, cut across to Huntly and through Ngarharghwhassitname. Came pootling into Raglan around 7.30ish and it was blowing a right treat and the rain coming in horizontal!

Had a nice dinner at the pub down there (ordered 4 desserts, had a mushroom soup entree and a seafood medley... my mate had the lamb) Actually I'm not too cut up about the off (I'm okay! Main thing!) just the fact I spent $101.50 on dinner for two ... and I wasn't dining with a nice wee thing! :doh: I got my priorities wrong that night.

Should have ditched my mate with the gear, chatted up a nice local chick and wined and dined her instead! *sigh* Live and let learn. I think the Biker Gods were displeased with my mistake and let me lie on the side of the road looking at the stars to contemplate my navel...

Zapf
25th June 2007, 18:20
ehllo,
sorry to hear re the off, but you are around to tell. Just one of those reminder things about not being too confident :) and always to think what is waiting for you around the next corner.

Zapf

Donor
25th June 2007, 18:24
Bloody glad to hear you are okay mate...

Will deliver the rest of my feelings in person :devil2:

gijoe1313
25th June 2007, 18:27
ehllo,
sorry to hear re the off, but you are around to tell. Just one of those reminder things about not being too confident :) and always to think what is waiting for you around the next corner.

Zapf

Tell me about it! It was worst riding out the Divvy than going in - so I was nanna-ing it. I was all suited up to the nines, rain gear on and all, taking conservative lines and remaining upright (no getting the lean on when you see those horrid reflective patches in your headlights!)

Anytime I start feeling too confident, I flick back to ride2die :eek5: In fact, I did that before I started off that night! Looking back, I knew I should have told my mate off for him saying things like "I hope you don't crash" , "maybe you should stay overnight", "Are you sure you can make it" :lol: I've always maintained I don't need people pushing negative thoughts my way! :sweatdrop

crashe
25th June 2007, 18:48
Well, what can I say? I binned my lovely little ol'Hornet on Friday night! :weep:

Well, along comes a nice couple in a cage and they stop. The man gives me a hand to pull the bike out and they wait around too see if I can get the bike going again! Nice!

Injuries were a bruised left hand, guess it must have been banged against the side of the tank (swollen up to look like Shrek's green paw!) and a minor graze of my right knee (was wearing draggin's and they did the bizzo!) Quasi gloves took a right hammering - the right one is well farked (knuckle guard armour burnt right off! :eek5:) Just goes to show that ATGATT is a must! :yes:

Pic's please of your damaged little ol'Hornet.......

Glad to hear that you are ok.... arnica tabs or arnica cream is great for the bruising. Heal up well....

Take care out there on them roads.

doc
25th June 2007, 18:55
Had a nice dinner at the pub down there (ordered 4 desserts, had a mushroom soup entree and a seafood medley... my mate had the lamb) Actually I'm not too cut up about the off (I'm okay! Main thing!) just the fact I spent $101.50 on dinner for two ... Should have ditched my mate with the gear, chatted up a nice local chick and wined and dined her instead! *sigh* ...
No wonder you fell off you couldn't ride anything with a feed like that onboard. You "fat bugga" Lucky you managed to get your leg over your bike, let alone the one of local 6 fingered chick's.

gijoe1313
25th June 2007, 19:03
No wonder you fell off you couldn't ride anything with a feed like that onboard. You "fat bugga" Lucky you managed to get your leg over your bike, let alone the one of local 6 fingered chick's.

:rofl: You're all heart doc! Actually thinking about it now, my little ol'Hornet may have gotten pissed off at me for loading it up like that! :scratch: Actually, I'm lucky I rode out of dodge clitty! :msn-wink:

gijoe1313
25th June 2007, 19:07
Pic's please of your damaged little ol'Hornet.......

Glad to hear that you are ok.... arnica tabs or arnica cream is great for the bruising. Heal up well....

Take care out there on them roads.

I would if I could find that frikk'n USB cable connector for my camera! :angry2: Instead I have been on ebay/'tardme buying up all sorts of useless and essential bits for my little ol'Hornet! :o :innocent:

I need to take shots of my muddy, road-rashed gear as well to remind us all that ATGATT means 'zactly that! And oh yeah ... the $500 Navman I bought off Yamaha64Life is toast now as well :doh: :lol: I was just getting to know it - oh well, down to E-town to buy another one!

And W00t! I just got word from Newmanz that my two minimoto pocket bikes are ready for me to pick up! :woohoo:

kneescraper
25th June 2007, 19:13
We should start up a club, noobs that bin all the time :)

Glad to hear all is ok, excuse for more bling for the Hornet.!!!!

Now next time you bin tell me and I will try to copy you!!

Cr1MiNaL
25th June 2007, 19:23
Dang ! sorry abt the bin mate and also my lil ol' gps .. were u ridin in the rain with it? well I had sum bad luk today also on way to work got zapped by this retard for doin 122 on the mway n he also added a 200 dollar fine for havin my no plate slightly tilted towards the sky... though another cop yesterday told me that angle was fine but no more... so im goin to contest the 200 dollar charge, but mainly ive just added another 35 demerits to my 40 in march... so now I really must be careful or ill be walking soon... fukin hard luck. :angry2:

Raj.

gijoe1313
25th June 2007, 19:24

I've had enough of binning thank you very much! We need to start up the club of Noobs that have reformed through binning! Actually I hope I just don't have this pathological desire to keep tarting and working on my rides all the time and subconsciously, I'm looking for ways to do so :eek5:

I should take up bike racing. :whistle:

gijoe1313
25th June 2007, 19:28
Dang ! sorry abt the bin mate and also my lil ol' gps .. were u ridin in the rain with it? well I had sum bak luk today also on way to work got zapped by this retard for doin 122 on the mway n he also added a 200 dollar fine for havin my no plate slightly tilted towards the sky... though another cop yesterday told me that angle was fine but no more... so im goin to contest the 200 dollar charge, but mainly ive just added another 35 demerits to my 40 in march... so now I really must be careful or ill be walking soon... fukin hard luck.

Raj.

Ooh nasty - unlucky that, I remember doing around that speed on Daisy (RZ250) but this was at night and no-one else on the moronway. I think the mufti must have felt my glee and joy riding along my two-stroker smoker, he just flew past and sat level with me with his lights going and did the ol'finger point down and slow down! :sweatdrop

I tucked in behind him and did the legal 100 all the way to the bright lights of Dorkland city :lol: Actually, he left me behind! :scratch:

But yeah, that sucks - need to keep those 200 pingers so you can get that detector you wanted! As for the little ol'GPS, it was tucked in my tank bag under the map cover top - when I went for the lowside, the bag rolled off and slid on it .. top down and poor little ol'GPS sucked the big kumara! So good however, I will get another one from E-town in Newmarket!

Cr1MiNaL
25th June 2007, 19:36
I had my old valentine 1 but didnt have the HARD system in the helmet (different helmet) so I didnt hear it .... when I looked down it was beepin like a maniac i think it must hav piked the tard up ages ago.. hard luk me aye.. i have 75 demerits now the last one on march this yr... im contemplating purposely doin 121 again n rakin up another 25 demerits b4 november so I can go overseas for 3 mths n c my family n when I come bak I have a clean slate... dunno.

McJim
25th June 2007, 19:38
Nasty things those corners. Saved by the local flora again! We're gonna have to call you Bonnie Prince gijoe.

What sort of tyres are you running on the Hornet?

McJim
25th June 2007, 19:40
Dang ! sorry abt the bin mate and also my lil ol' gps .. were u ridin in the rain with it? well I had sum bad luk today also on way to work got zapped by this retard for doin 122 on the mway n he also added a 200 dollar fine for havin my no plate slightly tilted towards the sky... though another cop yesterday told me that angle was fine but no more... so im goin to contest the 200 dollar charge, but mainly ive just added another 35 demerits to my 40 in march... so now I really must be careful or ill be walking soon... fukin hard luck. :angry2:

Raj.

Yeah - the angle is fine when your bike gets Maired.

Cr1MiNaL
25th June 2007, 19:52
u think I have a case? I was let off by 2 other cops they had no prob with the plate one asked me to straighten it and i did in front of him n he let me off...what say u ?

gijoe1313
25th June 2007, 19:55
Nasty things those corners. Saved by the local flora again! We're gonna have to call you Bonnie Prince gijoe.

What sort of tyres are you running on the Hornet?

I think your scottish accent is getting stronger the longer you stay on KB! :pinch: Yes, I've always been communing with nature, seems I'm forever attracted by it :sweatdrop

The tyres are still the Diablos, nuffink no'wrong wiv'em. Just me being maximus plonkus gittus again! I mean, really - riding in the night, wind and rain on slippery roads with the bonus of gravel! And the school holidays coming up ... so I could really do more riding! :innocent:

Goal : Get little ol'Hornet fixed up in a week so I can go riding! That and Daisy as well! Just have to ensure my left hand is good to go so I can change gears ( otherwise I may have to do a DMNTD and improvise so to speak! :whistle: )

McJim
25th June 2007, 20:34
I think you should buy Skelstar's Hornet 919. It's already blinged a bit - just take a nudge to get it blinged to your level J.

Brett
25th June 2007, 20:34
Yep I can sypathise with ya. About 1.5months back I was heading through that same stretch of road just after those twisties, same deal, night, wet road etc on the GSXR. Came around a long right hander, 95kph-100kph max in 6th gear with sweet bugger all throttle on and the rear lit up and came completely around on me...supermotard drift style, and it took a little bit of manhandling to get it to behave! That said...very controllable bike the GSXR.

So I can understand how quick and easily it happens. Hope you are ok, and get the wheels tidied up ASAP!

Zapf
25th June 2007, 22:08
As for the little ol'GPS

Get a Garmin and get a handle bar mount for it :)

btw why the Navman?

gijoe1313
25th June 2007, 22:23
Get a Garmin and get a handle bar mount for it :)

btw why the Navman?

'cause I was fascinated with the PDA functions ... no minesweeper, but there was two games ... solitaire and ballcracker! :lol: And that commanding female voice when it says "Do a U-turn now..." :love: :rofl: And 'sides - you got the Garmin already!

I wanted something different :whistle: That way we can both distract Colapop when he wants to play with our goodies! Oo-er! :o

gijoe1313
25th June 2007, 22:24
I think you should buy Skelstar's Hornet 919. It's already blinged a bit - just take a nudge to get it blinged to your level J.

Stoppit! I been drooling over the 2007 Hornet 600 for a while now! Not to worry, I'll be owning all the various models of Hornet! :msn-wink: :lol:

gijoe1313
25th June 2007, 22:27
Yep I can sypathise with ya. About 1.5months back I was heading through that same stretch of road just after those twisties, same deal, night, wet road etc on the GSXR. Came around a long right hander, 95kph-100kph max in 6th gear with sweet bugger all throttle on and the rear lit up and came completely around on me...supermotard drift style, and it took a little bit of manhandling to get it to behave! That said...very controllable bike the GSXR.

So I can understand how quick and easily it happens. Hope you are ok, and get the wheels tidied up ASAP!

Ahh booger ... I wished I drifted the back around ... so I could highside myself!? :sweatdrop :scratch: That sounds very familiar ... the long right hander :pinch: Nup, not me ... went around, felt the front slide out ... hoped like bugger it would find traction again ... and whee! I can see my feet and oh! Is that the rear light of my little ol'Hornet!? :doh:

BarBender
25th June 2007, 23:35
There's no keeping you down is there big fella?
Well done and glad you're in one piece.

Jeaves
25th June 2007, 23:52
Glad all is well Gi

Sleepr
25th June 2007, 23:59
Hi Justin, hope you have recovered well from the crash. How's your knee? How's the hornet coming along? Hope she will recover well too :).

PS: I will be getting my bike this friday, so excited.

Chickadee
26th June 2007, 00:14
Glad to hear you and the hornet are only slightly doofed from the off. Heal up soon so you can ride over for a cuppa with Hornet, or Daisey!

Ride safe and watchout for those them corners.

Kendog
26th June 2007, 00:16
Damn Justin, thats no good fella.

Glad you are ok and the trusty ol Hornet is still buzzing :scooter:

zeocen
26th June 2007, 00:25
All this shows is that the bike is telling you to pay more attention and give her some heated grips already!

But seriously, glad you're okay, will have to have a "thank god i'm still here" gingerbeer at the mancave (which apparently has a ps2 now by the way, TT anyone!?)

ZeroIndex
26th June 2007, 00:38

but we're not standard noobs, or Pro... we're Trained n00bs... :p

Sorry to hear about your bin GIJOE1313... hope you get everything sorted out as quickly as possible?

gijoe1313
26th June 2007, 11:05
Hey thanks for all the good oil peeps! :o Yeah, in the olde days without the interwebby thing, we'd go without all this blatherskiting - but it's good to share an read about all the experiences others have gone through, the good, the bad and the fugly :sweatdrop

I don't think I would be enjoying my riding experience as much without the incredible diversity we have here on KB. Warts and all! :innocent:

I love the fact we all have so much to learn from biking - in my short time as a biker, I don't reckon I've experienced life with quite so much zing! :woohoo:

Unless there's a forum out there that caters for Ford Telstar Orion drivers! :lol:

Whenever I think I've got "bad luck" or "gosh, that's ferk'n bad" - I think back to all the things others here have lived through and shared with us. It doesn't compare. Pay it forward people, pay it forward! :yes:

I've managed to live through my experience, reflect on it and now, just do what everyone else does - get on with it!

Thanks once again guys, this makes me feel that humanity does have it's touching moments (Colapop, you can leave your touching me alone! :pinch:)
Now, where is that site I found that had those nice blingy bits... :whistle:

TerminalAddict
26th June 2007, 11:13
a bad weekend for hornets :cry:

the divi is a challenge in the wind and rain .. I live on it, and my house carries a "high wind zone" certificate thingee

Macktheknife
26th June 2007, 11:17
Justin, you lucky bugger! A nice wee spill and only a bit of damage to you and the bike, then gets help from a cager in the middle of hicksville at night.
Glad you are ok mate, give me a yell if I can help.

Lias
26th June 2007, 11:31

I was riding back from Raglan after visiting a mate down there - I was dropping off his laptop and some odds and sods. Long story short, there I was pootling along, conditions were night, rainy and windy so I wasn't doing anything too stupid (yeah, okay - riding in the night, rainy and windy might be a tad stupid! :innocent:)

Done getting out from an uphill twisty section (for those who know Raglan road, it's the section with all the 35kph corners) and doing around 70-100 (you don't look at the speedo right! :lol:)

Came over to a right-hander and crested the top ... and the front washed out :pinch: low side into the corner and lucky me, ended up in some nice bull rushes by the side.

Picked myself up, gave my head a shake and first thought was "Dang! How's my bike!?" :o You know, the usual thing...

After a little fiddle here and there, my little ol'hornet fires up easy as you like and away we go! Woo hoo! No standing around in the middle of nowhere at 10.30pm for me! :sweatdrop

Anyhows, rode home with no right handle grip, just the smidgen of a broken throttle turner to keep it going and some wonky looking clocks! The front brake lever snapped clean off, but just enough of a nub to be able to use it! Rear brake peg bent back but still abled to be used as well.

Would have posted this up earlier, but was too busy helping the olds! :mellow: Ah well, any excuse to work on my little ol'Hornet! Some sraping down the right side and a little paint work scratched off. Photos to come!

Lesson learnt : No good deed ever goes unpunished! :rofl:

*giggle* I heard this from the "couple" in question (they are just workmates by the way). They also said you were a fucking idiot and overtook them on a corner not long before you wiped out.

2 sides to every story ay? :-P

terbang
26th June 2007, 11:39
Good excuse for a new bike. Old one broke...

gijoe1313
26th June 2007, 12:01
*giggle* I heard this from the "couple" in question (they are just workmates by the way). They also said you were a fucking idiot and overtook them on a corner not long before you wiped out.

Actually I was just riding along doing my normal thing! When I did the over take, I was doing it on the usual overtaking bit, once I got past, I slowed down and pootled around the right hander and ... owee ow ow! I wasn't riding out of my comfort zone and didn't have the big gee-up or adrenaline going at all! Still, same result, me looking for bits to repair my little ol'Hornet (again) I thanked the guy for giving me a hand and they were great! Waiting for me to still if I could get going on my way! :yes:

gijoe1313
26th June 2007, 12:04
Good excuse for a new bike. Old one broke...

Funny you should mention that... Skelstar and his Hornet 900 ... :drool:

zeocen
26th June 2007, 12:05

I struggle to think of gijoe overtaking in a dangerous manner, anything a bike does infront of a car that a car can't do is dangerous to the occupants inside, hardly worth calling him a "fucking idiot" for it...

McJim
26th June 2007, 12:36

I find in New Zealand that you have to be very agressive when overtaking cars - many of them accelerate when they see you doing the maneouvre - this is called "Attempted Murder" in most countries and I believe is a good excuse to follow the driver home and 'discuss' the matter with them. Nearly did this to a c*nt in a Subaru out East on Sunday.

I've ridden with gijoe1313 a lot - I don't think he's a bad rider - he's certainly not a fast rider - as a motorcyclist he will enjoy a better perspective than a car driver and is better placed to make a judgement on overtaking.

3 sides to every story!

xwhatsit
26th June 2007, 12:37
I struggle to think of gijoe overtaking in a dangerous manner, anything a bike does infront of a car that a car can't do is dangerous to the occupants inside, hardly worth calling him a "fucking idiot" for it...

<hints id="hah_hints"></hints>Lol yes, the idea of anybody referring to GiJoe's riding style as belonging to a `fucking idiot' does stretch the imagination somewhat :lol:

Those Hornets are solid little things, aren't they? Yours has dived into the scenery a couple of times now.

gijoe1313
26th June 2007, 12:41
Actually in all the hulla-balloo of getting my bike upright, it clean forgot my mind to ask them for their contact details so I could give them a thank you package! :doh: Lias done me good by knowing 'em! :yes: I always help out fellow motorists (cager and biker alike) ... the funny thing is seeing the expression on drivers when they see a biker pull up to help them (I've done the rounds like getting oil for cars, lending a mobile to ring people, etc.)

I guess this was just a little karma coming back to me! After all, if I was still behind them and binned, how long, if any other cars would be making that trip thataways? :sweatdrop

I had nothing but good thoughts for that couple in the car! :yes:

gijoe1313
26th June 2007, 12:46
<hints id="hah_hints"></hints>Lol yes, the idea of anybody referring to GiJoe's riding style as belonging to a `fucking idiot' does stretch the imagination somewhat :lol:

Those Hornets are solid little things, aren't they? Yours has dived into the scenery a couple of times now.

Shhh! I've planted my crop of Hondaberries now! I'm retiring from the farming business! :lol: I think I ride like a nanna...and I know when I get a bigger bike, I'll probably still be riding it like I do my little ol'Hornet ... slowly! Actually, I'll probably still be riding my little ol'Hornet! :love:

I think my ride is just letting me know that it appreciates all the love and care I put towards it... and gets me back safe and sound home (not withstanding the ham-fisted attempts at riding by it's maximus plonkus gittus of an owner!)

But yeah, I am an 'eff'n idjit ... I ride two wheels don't I? :scratch:

gijoe1313
26th June 2007, 12:49
I find in New Zealand that you have to be very agressive when overtaking cars - many of them accelerate when they see you doing the maneouvre - this is called "Attempted Murder" in most countries and I believe is a good excuse to follow the driver home and 'discuss' the matter with them. Nearly did this to a c*nt in a Subaru out East on Sunday.

I've ridden with gijoe1313 a lot - I don't think he's a bad rider - he's certainly not a fast rider - as a motorcyclist he will enjoy a better perspective than a car driver and is better placed to make a judgement on overtaking.

3 sides to every story!

Thanks for that McJim, actually on the ride down to Raglan, I was overtaken several times by cagers doing dodgy things! I had to gulp since they were doing it on corners around me ('cause I was riding like a nanna) and if anything happened I would be caught up in the whole mess (no time to take evasive action) :sweatdrop

The only car I overtook that night was the nice couple who stopped to give me a hand! :yes:

Lias
26th June 2007, 12:50

3 sides to every story!

It was taken with a large grain of salt.. I find most non bikers consider anyone on a bike a menace, even she who must be obeyed thinks I'm the only sane well behaved biker on the road :-P

gijoe1313
26th June 2007, 12:57
It was taken with a large grain of salt.. I find most non bikers consider anyone on a bike a menace, even she who must be obeyed thinks I'm the only sane well behaved biker on the road :-P

:lol: My mum thinks just me riding a bike makes me a menace! She's been asking me to sell off all my bikes and use the money to buy a wedding/engagement ring! :eek5: And I don't even have a gf! Not a problem apparantly she says..... aieee!

Sheesh, no wonder I ride bikes! :yes:

McJim
26th June 2007, 13:18
Thanks for that McJim, actually on the ride down to Raglan, I was overtaken several times by cagers doing dodgy things! I had to gulp since they were doing it on corners around me ('cause I was riding like a nanna) and if anything happened I would be caught up in the whole mess (no time to take evasive action) :sweatdrop

The only car I overtook that night was the nice couple who stopped to give me a hand! :yes:

I only pull you out of the undergrowth coz you explode in a shower of food when rescued!

You need to get their details from Lias and feed them.

avgas
26th June 2007, 13:37
bugger - so you gonna sell me an RZ to cover costs aye ;)

gijoe1313
26th June 2007, 13:37
I only pull you out of the undergrowth coz you explode in a shower of food when rescued!

It's the Hondaberry crop being released is what it is, and hey, have you been reading the PM's between Lias and I? :scratch: Those canny scotsman seem to be underfoot everywhere (I think the English know about that!)

gijoe1313
26th June 2007, 13:39
bugger - so you gonna sell me an RZ to cover costs aye ;)

Hush a ya mouth sir! :angry2: Daisy will be mine! Dandi is still a masterpiece in pieces! And ... oh yeah, I do have one buggered-sucked-a-kumara-GPS unit for sale! :innocent:

I think I'll be one of those bikers who will have a whole shed of two-wheeled beasts!

gijoe1313
26th June 2007, 13:44
The students in my class have been giving me grief about my bin! :lol: They all thought I was mad, now they know it for sure!

I showed them my grazed knee and grapefruit hand and they all went ooh ahh. I told them the risks and rewards associated with biking, and stone me! Most still want to take it up (even some of the girls!)

I think some irate parents may be calling me in future :innocent:

McJim
26th June 2007, 13:59
Most still want to take it up (even some of the girls!)

I love quoting you out of context J!

All the above sentence is missing are the words "the arse" and puts you in a whole new (and dangerous) light.

you shouldn't be showing your pupils your gash anyway! :rofl:

zeocen
26th June 2007, 13:59

It's true, twice I've just arrived at his house and an explosion of food was already underway.

Not to mention a bottomless pit of tomato sauce.

gijoe1313
26th June 2007, 14:40
I love quoting you out of context J!

All the above sentence is missing are the words "the arse" and puts you in a whole new (and dangerous) light.

you shouldn't be showing your pupils your gash anyway! :rofl:

That figgers :doh: Always dragging the tone into the gutter - besides I always tell my students I'm not legally allowed to be within 100 feet of children...but the judge gave me the option of jail time or teaching, so I chose teaching :lol: