PDA

View Full Version : Motorway Patrol: Truck lost tyre on motorway

MotoGirl
26th June 2007, 21:52
Just watching tv2 and a truck has lost two rear wheels and they've collected following traffic. I dread to think what would happen if they had collected a bike *shudders* Shit that could cause some carnage!

Coxy
26th June 2007, 22:05
Couldn't you headbut them outta the way, after all, you've got a helmet on? Just a thought love, cheers, Coxy :rockon:

James Deuce
26th June 2007, 22:09
It's not pleasant. I've had a truck tyre let go while I've been alongside overtaking and the mate behind got collected by a large strip of rubber. Bike written off and unconscious mate tumbling down the road.

Madness
26th June 2007, 22:48
I once followed a trail of wheelnuts down the old Ghuznee Street one-way-traffic-light folly. I got to Taranaki Street and just around the corner was a truck-trailer unit carrying a kitset houselot of timber, with a wheel missing. I shouted at him to "go fetch".

I think it might happen more often than we might think?

Blind spot
27th June 2007, 11:44
I was following a truck in peak hour around ellerslie area on motorway,i was busy talking and traffic sped up a bit and truck got about 6 car lengths ahead.
next thing i saw a little shower of gravel spill from the back of the truck, then the spare wheel slid out of the back landed flat on the road in the middle of the lane.
Couldnt swerve into middle lane so started to hit the skids, was waiting for car behind to slam up my arse but fortunatly the women driver saw what was happening and put her brakes on carefully, she ended up stopped between me and the concrete divider and after howls of burning rubber from the vechicles behind there were no collisions.
I was in a car but it made me very aware of what could happen tailgating on a bike.
Multi tasking Women drivers are the best , if it was a young male following me we would have all been crunched up.