PDA

View Full Version : The wait to until we can get rid of these wankers sucks.

Mental Trousers
26th June 2007, 23:06
The election is next year but it can't come soon enough if you ask me. What a bunch of softcocks (http://www.stuff.co.nz/4107805a11.html).

Steam
26th June 2007, 23:17
*SNEERS* yeah, like the other parties will do any better

oldrider
26th June 2007, 23:35
Do you vote for the politicians/policies you prefer, or do you vote for the politicians/party the media tell you to?

Do you actually know and understand the differences between "all" the political parties/politicians offering themselves for you to make an informed choice when you vote?

Do you actually use your voting opportunity?

Does NZ as a nation get the government it desires or the government that it (NZ) deserves?

All will be revealed next year, will you be satisfied with your action taken?

Is New Zealand really a democracy?

Do you really know the difference? Just a few thought provoking questions. :yes: John.

Conquiztador
26th June 2007, 23:46
To the highest bidder. :-)

It's all a waste of time

Person A says they'll lower taxes
Person B says they'll increase public spending

Either way you vote they're both lying.

NighthawkNZ
27th June 2007, 07:29
Doesn't matter who you vote for a Politician gets in :scratch: and they all lie and they all steal and fuck the country over. Most politicians are there for their own gain not for the country as a whole.

I know of people that voted for (labour) they didn't like labour or there policies... because they voted labour because they said (and I quote) "it wouldn't make any difference..."

Do you vote for the politicians/policies you prefer, or do you vote for the politicians/party the media tell you to?

Do you actually know and understand the differences between "all" the political parties/politicians offering themselves for you to make an informed choice when you vote?

Does NZ as a nation get the government it desires or the government that it (NZ) deserves?

Do you really know the difference? Just a few thought provoking questions. John.

As a whole most (not all) NZer's probably don't understand the full policies... and usually a media driven or will vote on the carrot dinglers the parties give.

Is NZ a democracy... well thats the 64 billion dollar question, we are suppose to be, but the people say no and the politicans just go ahead and do it... so in that case no we not really its more of a dictatorship and with the possibliity of MPs to set strict rules on photos that poke fun at them we start to loose freedom of speech...

If the Politicians don't want to be made fun of... then act like grown ups, and not like a 2 year old that needs her nappies changed, over the last couple of years the he said, she said... but you did crap thats went on between the parties and politicians... well do we let our school kids do that in the play ground... like hello. We have a right to know how politicians act in public and in parliment... they have to remember this... we as a country put them there...

We as a country pay their wages and salaries, and as a country are in charge of them, yes we are the boss, they are not in charge of us, there are many laws that have been changed over they years because the policatins didn't like it, and now lets them get away with more lying and steeling, ie the last election spending debarkle... (and soon freedom of speech... no photo's). The politicians role is look after and yes spend the tax money for the better of the country to organise the health and well being of its people (with the decression of its people on occasions and subjects matter), to help it grow as a whole, so that every one has a chance to prosper and grow, thats businesses, and the lower income as well. not just let the rich get richer and the poor get poor as is slowly happening.

I personally over the last 10 years have slowly lost faith and respect in this country, my home where I was born and breed now that is saying something (:doh:) and before anyone says well then go live somewhere else... don't worry we have been seriously thinking about it for the last 5 years...

u4ea
27th June 2007, 07:47
Well I didnt vote last elections..when I moved to this wee town a local (who was on the WINZ payroll to get them filled out )kept hassling me about not having the papers filled out:shutup: (census I think)"I know where you live" is all she"d say FFS..If I dont want to be on the electoral role or fill in the bloody census then Piss Off!!!!:Punk: And I dont moan about much as whichever government which is in power,dictatorship doesn"t friggin ask me what I want anyway(havnt seen a referendom questionere in my mail box lately ).And before I get told off that I really dont have a reason to bleet if I dont vote ,then my answer is I dont tell lies so I dont want to be lied to!!!!!!:nono:

Nasty
27th June 2007, 08:45
And I dont moan about much as whichever government which is in power,dictatorship ...

Agree with the above statement U4ea ... I was taught throughout my growing up that you have no right to complain if you don't vote .. so I voted McGilicudy serious for many years ... now they are gone ....:(

Hitcher
27th June 2007, 13:24
To the highest bidder.

Oh no it's not. Selling one's vote is illegal in the extreme and subject to serious prison time. Hopefully nobody from the Electoral Commissioner's office is a member of KB...

Lissa
27th June 2007, 13:46
Agree with the above statement U4ea ... I was taught throughout my growing up that you have no right to complain if you don't vote .. so I voted McGilicudy serious for many years ... now they are gone ....:(

Haha.. my brother ran for the McGillicuddy Serious Party quite a few years ago.. didnt do too bad as far as I can remember .. a couple of hundred votes or so.

A few things they belived in:

The abolition of money. Replacing money with chocolate fish or sand as legal tender - we would all be RICH, if you can get enough sand that is!

Although with the great leap backwards I think they wanted to abolish the wheel.. not so good when you ride a bike. :D

Burn the beehive, abolish Parliament and sack all MP’s. And have Crown Bonnie Prince Geoffie, King of New Zealand. :shutup:

Not really sure who to vote for this time... its all lies and more lies as far as I am concerned.

ManDownUnder
27th June 2007, 13:51

I actively seeka nd vote for the least worst option. It's generally a tough call.

As for the press being restricted on what they report - err... isn't that a bad thing? The bastards should simply behave better. If they want to be in charge they need to hold themselves appropriate standards.

I personally like that photo of Ron Mark. He's got a bit of character. That's a bad thing?

janno
27th June 2007, 13:51
Veerrry easy to be disillusioned with NZ if you haven't lived in another country.

But when you have, NZ is not so bad after all, IMHO.

I dunno. It's a toughie. If I could combine the great things about Aus with the best of NZ I'd be a happy woman. But then everyone would want to live there, which would make me unhappy . . .

The pollies over here are pretty awful too, but in a different way. At least here there is definitely a huge lack of bleeding heart liberal policies going on, but it's replaced by corrupt pollies and jobs for the boys stuff. Also not very consevation minded, kinda like NZ was up until the seventies.

Is there a country in the world where the inhabitants are actually happy with the political system they have?

Can't think of one.

Hitcher
27th June 2007, 14:38
One of the many problems with the MMP system is that the country inevitably gets a government for which nobody voted. By this I mean that the manifestos on which parties campaign become worthless after an election, once the horse-trading starts to gain control of the treasury benches by forming coalitions or entering into agreements over confidence and supply.

Another problem is that minority parties which (to the nearest significant figure) nobody really voted for end up holding political leverage vastly beyond the numbers of votes cast. And such parties have now vetoed the referendum on MMP that voters were promised when this flawed system was introduced.

Perhaps anarchy has much to commend it.

SPman
27th June 2007, 14:57
Perhaps anarchy has much to commend it.Speaking as a closet anarchist......wouldn't work! Everyone is too greedy and self centred. Better to stick to MMP - it's the nearest you'll get!

Scouse
27th June 2007, 15:40

Do you really know the difference? Just a few thought provoking questions. :yes: John.Whats this twenty fuckin questions?

MisterD
27th June 2007, 16:04
Oh no it's not. Selling one's vote is illegal in the extreme and subject to serious prison time. Hopefully nobody from the Electoral Commissioner's office is a member of KB...

Hmmm, so what about all those students that were bought by the offer of removing interest from their student loans....

Conquiztador
27th June 2007, 16:29
Hmmm, so what about all those students that were bought by the offer of removing interest from their student loans....

That was the highest bidder last time. Now I have the $1000, the $1040 and some small change a year. Add to that my employers contribution. That makes about $3K a year for my vote. Any better offers???

Going once....twice.....

NighthawkNZ
27th June 2007, 18:03
Whats this twenty fuckin questions?

no only about 7 :)

oldrider
29th June 2007, 14:51
We are always hearing from the "political left" in our news media reporting.

This is something from what the media would call the "political right"!

I only offer it as an alternative, "you" be the judge of it's value. :yes:

www.libertarianz.org.nz/?libzpr=462

I have no personal connection with Libertarianz, I just like to know what's offering.

Posters on this forum have expressed dissatisfaction with the current government and "obvious" alternatives.

The link above is an alternative that gets little or no exposure from NZ media.

To say that there is bias in what the NZ media feeds us, would be an understatement! Judge for yourself. :yes:

Seek and ye shall find! Cast an informed vote next election. :kick: :yeah: John.