PDA

View Full Version : 1 HP... Can anybody help?

flame
28th June 2007, 11:39
Hi guys'n'gals,

Im playing with the idea of getting back into one of my old ventures of 'horse training'. Its something I did in my good old Waikato days before I moved to Welly. Anyhoo, the plan would be I supply the horse and do all the training, I usually can have a horse ready for re-sale in 6-12 weeks of training depending on if it has part of a brain or no brain. Ive sold horses to the states before and NZ market.

The problem is.....I don't have land. So I am looking for someone who has some land or a spare paddock in the Hutt area to go in "joint venture" with me. If anyone has land availible (at least 1 1/2 acres) that may be interested then I'd offer to split sales net profits with you, or come to an agreement that suits for both.

Generally if I get a reasonable prospect youngster I can train it to a level in 6-12 weeks to sell it for anywhere between $2000-$5000 depending on its potential as a sport/competition horse. (providing it don't break a leg in the meantime!:bye: )

And thats more bike money :yes:

Anyway. Just toying with ideas of how/where/what at the moment. I can have access to some very good young horses to make a start on in the spring if I can get this working. ie. just this week I was offered a lovely 4 y/o steel grey fella for nothing, very nice conformation and attitude. He would have been a very good prospect. (this is a horse im talking about lol)

Ideas welcome horsey folk :)

Crasherfromwayback
28th June 2007, 11:56
Maybe talk to Becks!

flame
28th June 2007, 12:10
Maybe talk to Becks!

Will do, ive been meaning to go catch up with her for a few drinks. And talk about Prilia's. Cheers :)

ajturbo
28th June 2007, 17:50
we have 20sqm.... will that feed them for a week or two:dodge:

hahahha

good luck matey!!!

flame
28th June 2007, 19:01
we have 20sqm.... will that feed them for a week or two:dodge:

hahahha

good luck matey!!!

lol.....thats more than Ive got.....Ive got about 10sqm......but it's mostly weeds!

Well, all my training gear is on the way from storage in Hamiltron. (hopefully the rats havn't got to it) so best I go work on my fitness......and hunting for a business partner! oh.....and a horse lol.

janno
28th June 2007, 19:14
Have you seen www.horsetalk.co.nz ?

Lots of people on there from the Hutt area. :yes:

Be a good bet for you to find what you want.

flame
28th June 2007, 20:36
Have you seen www.horsetalk.co.nz ?

Lots of people on there from the Hutt area. :yes:

Be a good bet for you to find what you want.

Awesome! thanks, will go have a look.