PDA

View Full Version : Biker down - Takas claims another one (1 July)

Kinje
1st July 2007, 16:04
Going for a wee ride to Wellington this afternoon. Having a great ride up the hill, roads a bit damp but still feels good.

Second right hand passing lane something lets go and I end up lowsiding. I slide a little bit and watch my pride and joy keep sliding towards the rock wall on the outside of the corner.

Bike hits the wall with the front end, must have turned around and hit back end somehow as damage there too and bike ended up facing back towards the road.

Adrenaline kicks in and I pick the bike up like it weighed nothing and stand it up. Quick check revealed destroyed rear tail piece, scratched RH fairing, crack in front fairing around headlight, broken front wheel hugger. Closer inspection revealed twisted forks and crease in one.

A car load of dirt bike riders stopped to check what was going on. They made sure me and the bike were OK then followed me down to Featherston at about 30-40 km/hr.

Back home adrenaline is wearing off so will see if I get any pains as the night and next couple of days wear on.

Lissa has a few pics and will post them up shortly.

cowpoos
1st July 2007, 16:09
buggar dude...you have discovered the fastest way of making a honda look and feel like a suzuki though!!

Madness
It was bloody slippery up there today, I had the '11 sideways, moto-x style.

Glad you're here to tell the story, hope the damage aint too crippling.

skelstar
Thats a bit shit Brent, sorry to hear about your crash dude.

Trudes
1st July 2007, 16:10
Oh Kinjie!!!!! That's tearing my nightie!!! (not as much as yours though I would assume!) I'm very happy you're ok though, make sure that if anything really hurts that you get it checked out ok! Awaiting the photos, but that's stink!!!:mellow:

Kendog
1st July 2007, 16:14
Yeah, that sucks arse.

Hope there is no serious damage to you that you notice later.

VasalineWarrior
1st July 2007, 16:15
How very gay, sorry to hear about that. Insured?

u4ea
1st July 2007, 16:15
Bummer dood but glad you're here to tell the tale of woe!:rockon:Hopefully the damage isn't too major after first inspection.:mellow:Good thing the motox guys were there too.Heal up soon matey!:yes:

Lissa
1st July 2007, 16:17
I hope you arent too bruised Brent. :( Got a bit of a shock when you came around to show me the bike... but really glad you are ok, but ya buggar thats one less of the Rapa Crew to ride with!!! :) At least Shaun gave you a good (nice) talking too.... get out the Arnica Cream and have a lie down aye!

Photo one: the back end.. .. had to crop this cause someone got their big fat head in the way!

Hitcher
1st July 2007, 16:32
I saw the CBR and a whole bunch of folk standing around, some in fluffy slippers...

It's good to know you're OK, Kinge. I had an encounter with a rock on the road the next corner up a few years ago on by ZRX1200R and low-sided into the gutter.

On the whole the Hill was pretty tidy today -- a few diesel splashes on the east-bound side.

dogsnbikes
1st July 2007, 16:37
Bummer at least you could ride home and your here to tell

I guess it will be a busy couple of weeks too fix her up:mellow:

Darkman
1st July 2007, 17:19
ahh bummer dude..not good....if its a write-off let me know, i need a good street fighter.Hope you insured? You running contis?

Kinje
1st July 2007, 17:30
Cheers for comments guys.

Yep, full insurance so I'll give them a buzz tomorrow.

Yeah, Conti Road attack on rear and Sport attack on front. Why?

Darkman
1st July 2007, 17:35
Yeah, Conti Road attack on rear and Sport attack on front. Why?

just asking..another guy low sided the other day when the road was cold..had contis on too

elle-f
1st July 2007, 17:51
Ya know Mel, he adores us two. The first people he goes to see are his Rapa chicks!

Kinje - get into the bloody bath mate or you are gonna be sore. and stop bloody worrying me like that.

Yep, he's insured of course.

Hugs,
Elle

gijoe1313
1st July 2007, 17:54
Blardy hell! Good to hear you're okay and nothing untowards happened! Sorry to hear about the incident, but least you're with us and with quick piccies too - good on those guys for stopping and helping you out.

Ah well, least you got insurance to help sort it all out. Rest up and make sure you do the ointment treatment! :yes:

Macktheknife
1st July 2007, 18:00
Bugger about your wee slide mate, Taka's can be a nasty place on days like today. Glad you are ok, and big ups to the guys who stopped.

Nasty
1st July 2007, 18:36
Hunny that is not good news .... I hope you take lots of arnica pills ... and slather yourself in cream .... and take ibrufin (also known as Nuerophen) ...

Grub
1st July 2007, 18:39
Oh poos, wees and jobbies ... that darned hill ... and another broken CBR600 :(

"Bent forks" doesn't sound cool, that sounds like lots of time sittiing around waiting for parts. Surprised too at the munted tailpiece, it's amazing though how far the damned things seem to slide!

Standing by for an "Ache Report" this time tomorrow

Ronin
1st July 2007, 18:52
Just remember kinje. It's only a bike (and yes although a honda, still a nice one) and the important thing is that your in one piece.

Grub, it looks like the bike spun around ands the ass hit the wall as well.

The right fork has a crease in it where it's pushed back. Not sure but they are screwed once they have a crease ain't they?

What amazes me is the cages just drove on and didn't stop to help.

Kendog
1st July 2007, 19:05
What amazes me is the cages just drove on and didn't stop to help.

Just another reason to hate them.

KoroJ
1st July 2007, 19:07
Yuk matey! That would make you 'Kringe'!!

Zuki Bandit
1st July 2007, 19:32
Glad your ok Kinje!

Colapop
1st July 2007, 19:36
You must have done that before I saw you!! I drove (O know I know - naughty me) back through Carterton today and saw you talking Elle... I very nearly stopped but (Fark I knew I should have!!).... :( - you might have got a hug you didn't need!

kneescraper
1st July 2007, 19:37
Well that sucks now, doesnt it!

Glad to see your ok and all is in working order, low sides suck...they give you time to look up and see your bike doing stupid things down the road!

ZeroIndex
1st July 2007, 19:43
Going for a wee ride to Wellington this afternoon. Having a great ride up the hill, roads a bit damp but still feels good.

Second right hand passing lane something lets go and I end up lowsiding. I slide a little bit and watch my pride and joy keep sliding towards the rock wall on the outside of the corner.

Bike hits the wall with the front end, must have turned around and hit back end somehow as damage there too and bike ended up facing back towards the road.

Adrenaline kicks in and I pick the bike up like it weighed nothing and stand it up. Quick check revealed destroyed rear tail piece, scratched RH fairing, crack in front fairing around headlight, broken front wheel hugger. Closer inspection revealed twisted forks and crease in one.

A car load of dirt bike riders stopped to check what was going on. They made sure me and the bike were OK then followed me down to Featherston at about 30-40 km/hr.

Back home adrenaline is wearing off so will see if I get any pains as the night and next couple of days wear on.

Lissa has a few pics and will post them up shortly.

Sorry to hear about that dude... glad you're ok, hope you get your bike fixed up quickly...

Daffyd
1st July 2007, 19:51
Bummer mate! Get yourself checked out.

Grub
1st July 2007, 19:54
The right fork has a crease in it where it's pushed back. Not sure but they are screwed once they have a crease ain't they?.

Yup, that's screwed. Even mildly bent ones are a doubtful repair unless it's done with great care and skill

Lissa
1st July 2007, 20:33
Still coming to Turangi with us though arent ya Brent! He declined me Pillioning him to Turangi so now we know he hasnt got brain damage....thats one less thing to worry about. So even if he cages it up there. :yes:

Pity too.. you only tried out your heated hand grips for a little while too :( Just lucky theres no broken bones and you are relatively ok, thats the main thing.

Ronin
1st July 2007, 20:58
Still coming to Turangi with us though arent ya Brent! He declined me Pillioning him to Turangi so now we know he hasnt got brain damage....thats one less thing to worry about. So even if he cages it up there. :yes:

Pity too.. you only tried out your heated hand grips for a little while too :( Just lucky theres no broken bones and you are relatively ok, thats the main thing.

I will pillion you. Brent takes your bike. I have a heated hand grip you can use.

Lissa
1st July 2007, 21:02
I will pillion you. Brent takes your bike. I have a heated hand grip you can use.
Hahaha very funny... but I have a Suzuki, how could he possibly ride that?! :shutup:

Ronin
1st July 2007, 21:04
Hahaha very funny... but I have a Suzuki, how could he possibly ride that?! :shutup:

He is young. We have time to teach him how to ride a real bike. :scooter:

robertydog
1st July 2007, 21:40
Thats bad luck mate. The bike can always be fixed. And as long as you are ok.

Shadows
1st July 2007, 21:58
Sorry to hear that, dude. Glad you're OK, just a shame your bike hit something.

Delphinus
1st July 2007, 22:03
Sorry to hear... Glad you came out of it ok yourself and hope it doesn't take much to get back on the road :)

86GSXR
2nd July 2007, 00:46
Really sorry to hear that Brent. Hope all is fixed up soon mate. Cheers :yes:

NZsarge
2nd July 2007, 03:08
All I can say is bummer mate, at least you were'nt seriously hurt eh?

ceebie13
2nd July 2007, 09:43
Bugger! How inconvenient of your CBR to spit its dummy like that! :shutup:
Glad you are in one piece though, mate. Hurry up and get back in the saddle!

chanceyy
2nd July 2007, 22:21
mate just glad your here to tell us the story ... bikes can be replaced .. humans can't :yes: