PDA

View Full Version : Poll Q:

Conquiztador
1st July 2007, 17:37
I started a poll. My first one. And I learnt stuff.

It asked how long I wanted the poll to run. One option was not to have an end date. I ticked that one. But now I find that there is an end date on the poll. Not that it changes my sleeping habits. But just wondered what happened there?

Hitcher
1st July 2007, 17:41
Moderator intervention. A poll that has no end is pointless. Seven days should be more than enough for an observable trend to be ascertained.

Conquiztador
1st July 2007, 17:47
Moderator intervention. A poll that has no end is pointless. Seven days should be more than enough for an observable trend to be ascertained.

But why have the open ended option available if we are not allowed to use it??

JimO
1st July 2007, 19:38
stop arguing or you will be relegated to moped rider:yes:

Slingshot
1st July 2007, 22:42
But why have the open ended option available if we are not allowed to use it??

I agree!! If a moderators edits a poll to put an end date on it...they're doing so because they believe that a poll with no end date is pointless, which is basically saying that their opinion is more important than that of the mere plebeian.

Conquiztador
1st July 2007, 22:54

If me asking a valid question is considered arguing then I look forward to what it is considered when I really get going... And am I supposed to care re what "rank" I hold on here???:yawn:

Delphinus
1st July 2007, 22:55

I have a feeling that the forum software might not have the option to disable an unlimited poll :)

Conquiztador
1st July 2007, 22:59
I agree!! If a moderators edits a poll to put an end date on it...they're doing so because they believe that a poll with no end date is pointless, which is basically saying that their opinion is more important than that of the mere plebeian.

The poll was for the "Man of the year". So you could argue that one should have the whole year to decide...

JimO
3rd July 2007, 15:13
If me asking a valid question is considered arguing then I look forward to what it is considered when I really get going... And am I supposed to care re what "rank" I hold on here???:yawn:

i WAS joking ya kno

ManDownUnder
3rd July 2007, 15:23
Most polls run out of steam in a day or six anyway, but the underlying question/topic may take off. I see no need to put an end date on a poll.. people can only vote once so there is a natural fading out of involvement

Conquiztador
3rd July 2007, 20:38
i WAS joking ya kno

Sorry, I just was not in a joking mode.

yod
3rd July 2007, 20:43
I have a feeling that the forum software might not have the option to disable an unlimited poll :)

let me at it - bet i can turn it off

muahahahahahaa

The Pastor
3rd July 2007, 21:29
but why care?

Conquiztador
3rd July 2007, 22:33
but why care?

We are caring individuals who do not take lightly to injustice or when being provided with decisions that have no logic as their backbone. We will fight unfair treatment of our fellow posters who we consider have been treated harshly.

Thats why!:Punk:

Delphinus
3rd July 2007, 22:39
let me at it - bet i can turn it off

muahahahahahaa

oh of course... anything can be done... but is it really worth it... :P