PDA

View Full Version : My new ride!

Matt Bleck
2nd July 2007, 15:58
brought Crazy Steves K3 1000, picked it up on Saturday, in the Van.... :mellow: but as soon as I got home I took it for a spin. Yeeha. The first thing a noticed was how well the pilot powers felt in the wet. Solid as. All other tyres I've riden on in the wet always felt a bit squirmy.

I'd have to admit I took it rather easy, I was thinking riding a 1000 in the wet was gunna be no fun, but fark was I wrong! I just kept it low in the rev's and rode the tourque pretty much. I couldn't get over how easy it was to turn in, just had to think about it and it was done.

I took her home and give her a clean (I don't think Steve ever cleaned it) which was a waste of time cause she got filthy again when we went to Te Kaha on Sunday. Racked up 350 k's in the wet and felt really comfrotable with the bike by the time i got back to Vegas!

Only one issue with it really, and thats that a couple of times at low speed thru town when shifting from 2nd to 3rd it didn't go in. Might be me not pushing the lever up far enough, or it could be that it's due for a oil change and filter. Well I'm hoping thats what it is? So I'll give her a change of oil etc on Saturday and see if that sorts it.

All in all it's a great bike, handles wicked and I love it, Cheers Steve! :Punk:

ZeroIndex
2nd July 2007, 16:00
congrats on the new bike... you may want to check those steering head bearings, as Mr Crazy Steve has been known to do some wicked times at Meremere on the back wheel only... :p I've seen it

breakaway
2nd July 2007, 16:48
I demand pics.

Matt Bleck
2nd July 2007, 16:53
ahhhhhhh...... it's still raining out...... pic's will come soonish......

ZeroIndex
2nd July 2007, 17:53
Here's some old pics of the K3 GSX-R 1000 of Crazy Steve

Waylander
2nd July 2007, 19:16
Yay me for those pictures lol.

kiwifruit
2nd July 2007, 19:24
very nice! :rockon:
go the pilot powers

inlinefour
2nd July 2007, 19:34
brought Crazy Steves K3 1000, picked it up on Saturday, in the Van.... :mellow: but as soon as I got home I took it for a spin. Yeeha. The first thing a noticed was how well the pilot powers felt in the wet. Solid as. All other tyres I've riden on in the wet always felt a bit squirmy.

I'd have to admit I took it rather easy, I was thinking riding a 1000 in the wet was gunna be no fun, but fark was I wrong! I just kept it low in the rev's and rode the tourque pretty much. I couldn't get over how easy it was to turn in, just had to think about it and it was done.

I took her home and give her a clean (I don't think Steve ever cleaned it) which was a waste of time cause she got filthy again when we went to Te Kaha on Sunday. Racked up 350 k's in the wet and felt really comfrotable with the bike by the time i got back to Vegas!

Only one issue with it really, and thats that a couple of times at low speed thru town when shifting from 2nd to 3rd it didn't go in. Might be me not pushing the lever up far enough, or it could be that it's due for a oil change and filter. Well I'm hoping thats what it is? So I'll give her a change of oil etc on Saturday and see if that sorts it.

All in all it's a great bike, handles wicked and I love it, Cheers Steve! :Punk:

Have seen the bike in person before and know how good a bike it is, enjoy. :rockon:

ZeroIndex
2nd July 2007, 20:47
Yay me for those pictures lol.

Yes, those were good pictures, and a good day :) Thanks for taking them