PDA

View Full Version : Need to find me a biking buddy!

DarkNinja
20th September 2004, 19:01
So when i turned 17 i decided i wanted to learn to ride.
My friends all reckoned that was cool and wanted to learn aswell, but one by one they all backed out/ decided to 'wait a bit'
Well now ive had my licence for about 5-6 months and im getting a bit bored of just going out on my own, even though sometimes its a well earned relief from the real world.
Anyways i was wondering if anyone from outer wellington (im from whitby, porirua) was up for hanging out every couple of w/ends etc, biking or not.
The aim of this being that i would like to learn more about bikes/my bike, and get to hang out with sum1 that has the same interests as me!
Anyway hope to hear ure replies,
Graeme *wooshing sounds* 'DarkNinja' Swift
:2thumbsup

Blakamin
20th September 2004, 19:08
You should head up this way... I'm normally free on weekends and Paul in NZ lives up this way and can tell you some stuff... then theres the races at manfield, the buckets, time trials this weekend, etc...
send me a PM and i'll text ya about any rides i'm doing, (cept this weekend when I'm doing my fork seals, unless you wanna know how its done)

mangell6
20th September 2004, 19:15
Just travel to the top of the Rimutakas on any weekend and you will find lots of people to ride with.

DarkNinja
20th September 2004, 20:05
cept this weekend when I'm doing my fork seals, unless you wanna know how its done)

Lol, i already learnt that the hard way, now ive gotta learn how to polish the rusty bits off my forks

Ms Piggy
20th September 2004, 20:06
Just keep your eyes peeled & on here, there is always someone going out for a ride most w/e's. You could end up with riding buddies!

Eddieb
21st September 2004, 08:43
Just travel to the top of the Rimutakas on any weekend and you will find lots of people to ride with.

What he said, just turn up at the top of the hill and introduce yourself to anyone you recognise, or more likely whose bike you recognise off the site.

Paul in NZ
21st September 2004, 09:18
Yeah.. I know what you mean...

PM me with your email addy and once we have daylight saving there is no reason why we can't meet up for a quick fang over the hill etc after work. Sometimes it's just fun to talk bike shit.....

However... You might not want to hang out with a crusty old codger like me that rides old heaps of rubbish, scares all the good lookin' chicks and frightens the children. :ride:

Can't do anything this weekend as I'm working most of it but I'll be ready to rock n roll weekend after...

Cheers

Blakamin
21st September 2004, 09:25
However... You might not want to hang out with a crusty old codger like me that rides old heaps of rubbish, scares all the good lookin' chicks and frightens the children. :ride:

Cheers
That "old heap of rubbish" scared the hell outta me over paekak hill!

Coldkiwi
21st September 2004, 13:18
ahhh.. a trusty ol 89 Gpx250! me first bike was one of those. Hope you don't treat it as badly as mine tho DN... it didn't react to well to the road or the earth bank... or the repeat performance when it flipped over!

I can relate to your lack of riding buddies when starting, some of my mates did the same thing.. but NONE of the pretenders went through with it and in the mean time I'm on to Two-Wheeled-Fun #4!

KB is a great place to get advice and find some people to go with but my advice about group rides for novices is
- make sure the other riders know you're just starting, they will almost certainly behave and make allowances accordingly
- make sure you ride to your level and don't try and keep up with faster riders on faster bikes... "danger that way lies!". After all, so long as they know you're behind them, they'll stop at the next turn off and wait for you
- relax and enjoy yourself! If you tense up and get stressed, you'll probably have a crash

White trash
21st September 2004, 13:58
Come daylight savings, I hold a group ride every Thursday night.

Keep your eyes on "Meetings and Events". Alot of younger, less experienced riders have been introduced to the enjoyment of group rides.

Those that stick around have been treated to some prtty spectacular closed road, stunt displays as well!

Including Fizzerman trying to cartwheel his 750 into the Seaview Marina! :shit: Oh how we laughed....

LB
22nd September 2004, 05:17
scares all the good lookin' chicks

But Paul, you don't scare me......
:innocent:
Darkninja: if you see a red Monster at the top of the hill ridden by this really glamorous cute (cough, cough) blonde, come and say hello. Won't be there this Sat (Manfeild) but given reasonable weather will be there this Sunday mid-ish afternoon on the way home from thrashing the boys (there's that bloody cough again) at the sprints in the Wairarapa.

DarkNinja
22nd September 2004, 19:17
But Paul, you don't scare me......
:innocent:
Darkninja: if you see a red Monster at the top of the hill ridden by this really glamorous cute (cough, cough) blonde, come and say hello. Won't be there this Sat (Manfeild) but given reasonable weather will be there this Sunday mid-ish afternoon on the way home from thrashing the boys (there's that bloody cough again) at the sprints in the Wairarapa.

Aww go on give yourself some credit lynda.
Thanks guys, come daylight savings i will get out more and hope to meet you all eventually

Uncle B
23rd September 2004, 00:37
Top of the Taka's is the place to meet people.....when daylight savings arrives i'm up there most nights.

Jay widda 150
28th September 2004, 22:34
021-146-0877

whenever except i cant ride at the mo s bike in bits but new one to arrive.

still hang and i could help you do yours up a little. if you were keen. anyways cool and catch ya round

scumdog
28th September 2004, 22:39
Your mates are soft-cocks, "wait a bit" - hah, I'm glad I did not have to depend on that type in Viet Nam. Do not rely on them, be your own person and stand up for what you believe in. ( morot-bikes I hope) :2thumbsup