PDA

View Full Version : motott - 27 July 2007 - Taupo track day

slinky
4th July 2007, 08:11
ok, so im booked.
At this stage im driving down on the friday(27th)
Have put myself in group 2!

Is anyone else going??

Matt Bleck
5th July 2007, 09:49
yes .

Panther
5th July 2007, 10:34
'THE LEARNER' shall be making an appearance (watches as Timmaaaaay pits as far away as possible).

Matt Bleck
5th July 2007, 11:57
We will be pitting at our usual location....... :yes:

kiwifruit
5th July 2007, 12:54
I'll be there with bells on :)

Cajun
5th July 2007, 12:58
I'll be there with bells on :)

where the bells attach to bro?

gonna have to get down to a motott track day once it warms up again

kiwifruit
5th July 2007, 13:07

:sunny: :sunny:

Panther
5th July 2007, 13:56
We will be pitting at our usual location....... :yes:

Are you bringing Wayne :whocares: with you?

....So that would be pitting next to the portaloo's and Teeth again??!!!!

Matt Bleck
5th July 2007, 14:00

gonna have to get down to a motott track day once it warms up again

MEOW! !

kiwifruit
5th July 2007, 20:38
2/3 booked out

saul
5th July 2007, 20:41
2/3 booked out

Tempting:yes::love:

kiwifruit
5th July 2007, 20:47

we'll see you there :)

slinky
6th July 2007, 16:54
How and when is everyone getting down there??

How many people(approx) are there in each group usually???

Panther
6th July 2007, 17:24
Hi, your mum can take you down, don't forget your blankey.

westie
6th July 2007, 18:07
Hi, your mum can take you down, don't forget your blankey.

Nice panther.

Yea I'll be there. You riding down slinky?

FilthyLuka
6th July 2007, 22:53
i might show if i can source a spare $120 and some race fuel :)

Daenis

Leong
7th July 2007, 06:30
2/3 booked out
Better get A into G then.......

See you there.....

slinky
7th July 2007, 09:52
Nice panther.

Yea I'll be there. You riding down slinky?

Not riding down, putting it on the trailer. Heading to Ruapehu for some weekend snowboarding afterwards.

Meekey_Mouse
7th July 2007, 16:53
Not riding down, putting it on the trailer. Heading to Ruapehu for some weekend snowboarding afterwards.

Haha good on ya :rockon: Not wanting to pull thread off topic... but the mountains are lookin mint as :Punk:

kiwifruit
8th July 2007, 20:11
i might show if i can source a spare $120 and some race fuel :)

Daenis

normal petrol will do! give the rest of us a fighting chance man :gob:

slinky
9th July 2007, 08:21
Haha good on ya :rockon: Not wanting to pull thread off topic... but the mountains are lookin mint as :Punk:

Wicked!! Ive got 4 days of it after that track day....gona be a full on 5 days for me!! :D
you coming to the track?

FilthyLuka
12th July 2007, 10:05
normal petrol will do! give the rest of us a fighting chance man :gob:

hehe, aww shucks, your gonna make me blush.

Looks like its a definite for me, might be bringing a wookie on a cbr900 aswell :)

Dacosmo
13th July 2007, 20:30
Hey Guys, Are there any spots left for this Taupo Track day?? If so how much and who do we pay and how.?? Cheers DaCosmo.

Leong
13th July 2007, 20:32
Hey Guys, Are there any spots left for this Taupo Track day?? If so how much and who do we pay and how.?? Cheers DaCosmo.

www.motott.co.nz

Kiwifruit may know how many space left.

kiwifruit
13th July 2007, 20:37

yes,
spaces still left

email peter thru the site (www.motott.co.nz)

see you there!

Meekey_Mouse
24th July 2007, 13:30
Wicked!! Ive got 4 days of it after that track day....gona be a full on 5 days for me!! :D
you coming to the track?

Haha you're gunna be incredibly sore at the end of the 5 days! Are you towing your bike up to the mountain with ya or do you have/want some where to store it?

Yip, will be there... probably be riding in the avo. Back out onto my home track havin some fun woot!

3 days to go :banana:

slinky
24th July 2007, 15:52
Haha you're gunna be incredibly sore at the end of the 5 days! Are you towing your bike up to the mountain with ya or do you have/want some where to store it?

Yip, will be there... probably be riding in the avo. Back out onto my home track havin some fun woot!

3 days to go :banana:

Yep, towing it, i have somewhere to leave it...[i think]
If you've got a place could you PM me your cell so that if my other somewhere falls through i have a backup plan?

montsta56
24th July 2007, 16:01
What times sign on I've booked in but there's fark all Info on there web page. What time does the festivites get under way??:scooter:

montsta56
24th July 2007, 16:03
What times sign on I've booked in but there's fark all Info on there web page. What time does the festivites get under way??:scooter:

Sorry just found the Time Table On there web page:dodge:

kiwifruit
24th July 2007, 16:48
Booked out.

Toast
25th July 2007, 17:14
I'm in...woot!! :D

slinky
26th July 2007, 20:24
Bikes on trailer - ready to roll!!!

westie
26th July 2007, 22:30
Any one going down early morning?
I'm leaving at 5am Will be gassing up at auto barn by 530.

kiwifruit
27th July 2007, 16:23
Had a really good day, track was slippery until late morning then all good.
Ran out of brakes mid after noon but had a couple of good sessions before that.
Thanks heaps to Alick for the stunning photos, im off to load them up soon.
Samples will be ready on the web site later on this evening.
Thanks to boomer for the ride on the k7, wicked bike man, felt really small and easy to ride fast

kiwifruit
27th July 2007, 19:52
sample photos now available on the site
http://www.motott.co.nz/pics.html

Meekey_Mouse
28th July 2007, 10:15
Was an awesome day :Punk:

Nice to meet new people and catch up with others!

Keystone19
28th July 2007, 11:58
Awesome day! I had so much fun and was so stoked to be back on the track! I think my awesome pit mates (Avalon, Jaz, Bev) might have been a bit overwhelmed by my exuberance throughout the day! Thanks for putting up with me guys!

Loved the Rg150!

Leong
28th July 2007, 18:04
Thanks MotoTT. This was a free trackday for me as I was one of the three lucky draw winners at the last event.

Pitted next to ArcherWC and was keen to ride Taupo with him now he's done a few races. Good to see some of the regular KBers back doing trackdays. Had an awesome time with Brian and with Toast on the track. Phil really gave me a good impression of what it might be like dicing with someone in a race. I have video of this which I consider my best trackday video yet. Uploading etc at the moment

I had been a little bored or frustrated with trackdays recently because it has been difficult to keep improving and I thought that I may have reached my peak. Previous best time was a 1.46. I was doing 1.44s with ArcherWC and when I got clear track and later in the day I dropped into the 1.42s. I was absolutely stoked to drop 4 seconds - due mainly to watching Shaun Harris's video over and over again!! Thanks Shaun! And that session with Toast and ArcherWC - Awesome..... my arms are still aching!!

And thanks for the very speedy photos Allan

Toast
28th July 2007, 18:57
As above, thanks heaps MotoTT!! And cheers Scott and Brian for hooking me up with a ticket late in the week.

My first time on the full track with A1 corner...very nice!

Had a bit of a slide in the first session (knob!!), but am not unhappy about it, 'cos it was a new kind of crash and lessons have been learnt. Thanks heaps to Andy and Eddie for helping me bodge the bike back together to make it through scrutineering.

Got back in to it slowly after that and really enjoyed it. Was a bit gutted that I didn't get an extra session, 'cos I suddenly had some ideas on suspension setting I'd like to try to help me hold a better line, but oh well, next time...

Leong mate, you gave me the learn :niceone: You should really come racing, I reckon you'd have a ball. As much fun as trackdays are, a race is even better.

kiwifruit
28th July 2007, 19:27
As above, thanks heaps MotoTT!! And cheers Scott and Brian for hooking me up with a ticket late in the week.

My first time on the full track with A1 corner...very nice!

Had a bit of a slide in the first session (knob!!), but am not unhappy about it, 'cos it was a new kind of crash and lessons have been learnt. Thanks heaps to Andy and Eddie for helping me bodge the bike back together to make it through scrutineering.

Got back in to it slowly after that and really enjoyed it. Was a bit gutted that I didn't get an extra session, 'cos I suddenly had some ideas on suspension setting I'd like to try to help me hold a better line, but oh well, next time...

Leong mate, you gave me the learn :niceone: You should really come racing, I reckon you'd have a ball. As much fun as trackdays are, a race is even better.

i've got a neat photo of you standing next to your bike on the deck after your wee slide hehe, i'll get it to you on monday. Took it out of the sample pics cos well ya know.

Toast
28th July 2007, 19:32
i've got a neat photo of you standing next to your bike on the deck after your wee slide hehe, i'll get it to you on monday. Took it out of the sample pics cos well ya know.

haha, cheers, do that.

I was too damn tired to pick the thing up! Still hadn't recovered from Manfeild the weekend before.

You were looking good out there. I couldn't make any ground on ya when chasing.

Leong
28th July 2007, 22:25
One for the racers I think. Third session Group 1 MotoTT Trackday 27 July 2007. I have good dices with KBers Toast, who gives me a taste of what racing might be like, Boomer (First trackday on a shiny new bike) shows what the new Gixxer 1000 can do, ArcherWC on the superb looking and sounding 636, and a host of others. To top it off, at the end with a clear track I manage a 1.42, four seconds faster that I'd ever done before - needless to say I'm still buzzing.

Video starts at the end of the warm up lap and at the end of the front straight, ArcherWC passes us on the inside and Toast passes on the outside. I spend the next four laps trying to get past Phil, but he's intent on giving me a lesson on racing. On the fourth lap I get past on the outside coming out of the A1 corner, but have a moment braking on the bumpy tight line at the end of the straight which upsets my bike. Phil goes by. I have a go on the outside at the end of the main straight but theres not enough room. Going onto the front straight I get the power on earlier than him and get by reaching 190km/h in the process. I do probably my best speeds thru turns 2,3,and 4 on this lap to catch up with ArcherWC by turn 7 where he goes round the outside of Boomer coming out of the turn. I've played with Boomer lots before and know I can't go round the outside of him on 8. I get good drive coming out of the A1 corner but the K7 just takes off once he stands the bike up. Hovering outside Boomer on the sweeper he does use all the track as I thought he would so I duck up the inside and get past with better drive out onto the straight. I get to 240k on the straight and Boomer apparently doing 260+ flys by! I just knew he enjoyed that!! I'm on the power earlier coming onto the pit straight an get past..........

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0LLdmksKwY0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0LLdmksKwY0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

MotoTT sessions are 20 minutes long and Youtube video limit is 10 minutes so the second half follows......

Leong
28th July 2007, 22:31
ArcherWC has got past another bike by now but this guy spots me coming out of turn 5 and signals me to pass on the inside on 7, which I do with caution and leaving him room on the outside. Catch up to Brian at turn one - almost have a moment when he turns in much later than me. Coming out of the A1 corner get a better run and get past. Getting tired and arms getting sore so I tell myself to loosen up, and consider coming in early. After about a lap of clear track I catch a group of three motards and get past one on the straight. The two ahead go round the outside of a ZX-10 at turn 5 and I get past on turn 6. I almost get past one of the motards on the old pit straight, but he goes round the outside of me and leads me onto the straight. I get past both on the main straight and then have one clear lap before the end. I do a reasonable job of the infield but miss the apex of turn 5, though it doesnt effect my speed on the straight too much. I get a good line and speed (for me) thru turns eight and nine which is where I think I've picked up the most time, then do reasonable speeds to finish the lap with a 1.42.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rhdIwdcONPQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rhdIwdcONPQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

kiwifruit
28th July 2007, 22:42
pass on the inside on 7, which I do

NAUGHTY NAUGHTY! :D

cheers for the vids, will have a look at work were the speeds are decent

its easy to see your improvements man, you are riding really well :rockon:

boomer
28th July 2007, 23:26
Yeah aren't the inside maneuvers a 'no no' ;)

nice riding Leong... we we're just about on par 6 months ago and you're light years ahead now bro.. nice going mate :Punk:

That burst of speed from teh k7 before teh sweeper was cool to watch as was flying past you on the back straight.. i saw 264 on that back straight when i looked down once.

i've now become a go fast on teh straights and slow on the corners 1k rider :dodge:

was good to see Kiwifruit & Death wheelie my bike down the front straight and Death wheelie on every bit of straight road on the last lap :D

ArcherWC
29th July 2007, 08:21
Great vids Leong.
That session when I came out with you guys, would have to be the fastest I have ever been round there. I sooooo didnt want you or toast catching me. Well the first half of the session anyway, then my fitness let me down and I slowed up considerably. That is the first time that fitness has been an issue for me (and im a fat lazy bastard), which just shows what a bit of competition does.

I would love to know what my laptimes were in that first half of the session, but unfortunatly my Vaypor was playing up.

Anyway, time to put some race fairing on the Gixer and come join the grid. If you enjoyed dicing with us in that session you will LOVE racing.

ArcherWC
29th July 2007, 08:27
Oh and I had promised Boomer he would see me "round the outside" so that just seemed right, LOL

DEATH_INC.
29th July 2007, 09:02
I felt really comfortable for the first time in ages too, and had a good day. You forget how slow the corners on taupo are after minefeild, the whole first dry session was spent going 'shit that was a bit quick' but felt fine, 'till the bloody front brakes let me down and overheated and faded for the first time ever (I always kill the rear)..... and let Gixser past....
All the other sessions were the same, felt good and held a good pace 'till the brakes gave up..... gotta sort 'em out....woulda liked to know wot times I was doing but hey we were all too busy riding...
Did the last session on Boomers new thou (brave lad...) which was fun...

BarBender
29th July 2007, 23:47
One for the racers I think. ......

All the more reason why you should. Brians right...put the race fairing on!
Great vid by the way. I really enjoyed watching it.

That session when I came out with you guys, would have to be the fastest I have ever been round there.
Great riding. Shouldnt take you too long to get your fitness up and then the body will start matching the mind.
Nice pipes by the way!

I felt really comfortable for the first time in ages too, and had a good day. You forget how slow the corners on taupo are after minefeild, the whole first dry session was spent going 'shit that was a bit quick' but felt fine, 'till the bloody front brakes let me down and overheated and faded for the first time ever (I always kill the rear)..... and let Gixser past....
All the other sessions were the same, felt good and held a good pace 'till the brakes gave up..... gotta sort 'em out....woulda liked to know wot times I was doing but hey we were all too busy riding...
Did the last session on Boomers new thou (brave lad...) which was fun...

If I had the coin I'd buy two 14's..one for the track and the other for the drags...You'd be the track rider and you wouldnt have to worry about parts letting you down ever again.

Toast
30th July 2007, 10:36
I spend the next four laps trying to get past Phil, but he's intent on giving me a lesson on racing.

I spend the next four laps trying to get past Phil, but he's intent on giving me a lesson on racing.

Haha, mate, I didn't even know you were behind me to be honest. Was probably too focused on not crashing again :p I couldn't catch ya back when you did you get past though.

Thanks heaps for posting the video, eh. That's the first time I've seen myself riding. Can see heaps of areas for improvement there before the final round of Vic Club in October.

Catch ya again soon :niceone:

speed63
30th July 2007, 16:45
Thanks MotoTT, really well organised. It was a great day. Bit slippery first session and I was bit nervous as been down last wet session at Taupo.

Day got better as it went. Some slimmed down dude on a dirty ten was going pretty quick:yes:

GIXser
30th July 2007, 17:13
If I had the coin I'd buy two 14's..one for the track and the other for the drags...You'd be the track rider and you would have to worry about parts letting you down ever again.

blame it on the parts phheeeeew...... :second:

Leong
30th July 2007, 21:07
i've now become a go fast on teh straights and slow on the corners 1k rider :dodge:

Haha!! I thought that when you passed me!! You won't be for long tho. BTW there is an Aaron Slight Rider Development day on 20 August at Taupo if ur interested. I still reckon he's the best instructor!!

Anyway, time to put some race fairing on the Gixer and come join the grid. If you enjoyed dicing with us in that session you will LOVE racing.
You talked me into it...... We'll come to Manfeild for the test day, and stay to WATCH the racing on Saturday, AND do the Aaron Slight day on Monday on the way home!! No question I'd love racing but there's other people to consider if the unthinkable happens.....

Haha, mate, I didn't even know you were behind me to be honest. Was probably too focused on not crashing again :p I couldn't catch ya back when you did you get past though.

Thanks heaps for posting the video, eh. That's the first time I've seen myself riding. Can see heaps of areas for improvement there before the final round of Vic Club in October.
Haha, I wasn't sure whether you knew I was there, but when I came alongside going into turn 2 on the second lap I thought you might have seen me. Was good fun....

BarBender
30th July 2007, 22:02
blame it on the parts phheeeeew...... :second:

True bro. Must be the make of bike. :Pokey:

boomer
30th July 2007, 22:15
Haha!! I thought that when you passed me!! You won't be for long tho. BTW there is an Aaron Slight Rider Development day on 20 August at Taupo if ur interested. I still reckon he's the best instructor!!

is that a honduh members club ride? can you flick us teh details.. i'll be keen as fukin mustard; however slighty won't be able to handle this jandle.. the mighty 'king of bikes'

boomer
30th July 2007, 22:17
BIG UPS TO ALL AT MOTO TT..

I HAD A BLAST.

THE SMILES, COMPANY AND ORGANISED DAY
WAS A GOOD WAY TO GET TO KNOW MY NEW :love: :scooter:

slinky
31st July 2007, 20:56
Just got back from my snowboarding trip - (was pretty crap, raining and wet - good fun though)

anyway
The track day kicked arse! i totally enjoyed myself, had one dodgey step out on the left hander part of the S bend beofre the home straight - wet track + white lines - i expected it, but it still took me by surprise.
Though i enjoyed myself i still came away feeling disappointed. I feel i could have pushed myself a alot more. But being a conservative person im thinking pushing myself would only come if i was to do track days more often.

Thanks motoTT - if ever im back in NZ il be sure to come do another :D